ADVERTISEMENT

Covid and Iowa high school football.

Should be all four if it wasn't for a District full of redneck white supremeists.
you are a racist dipshit that has no clue and should never be allowed to vote. Every post you have made is complete BS. Now go get a nap, get your allowance from mommy and go protest something.

you are a racist dipshit that has no clue and should never be allowed to vote. Every post you have made is complete BS. Now go get a nap, get your allowance from mommy and go protest something.
#TRIGGERED

Oh mitchy, I've noticed you ignored my question twice, so I'll ask a third time: how is a dropping % positive rate and a falling ave deaths/day "trending up".
Everyone here has already seen your failed logic time and again, so you don't really have much to lose by trying to answer, so give it a shot.
I'll clue you in on Reynolds and her cohorts at the IDPH. They manipulate numbers to verify their tactics. When caught lying by various entities like the Johnson County BOH... they claim "glitch". They lie... a lot.

What you need to recognize is even the WH Coronavirus Task Force disagrees with Kimmy actions. Something about "one of the highest" trends in the country and publically asking her to enact a mask mandate.

Once you realize how the Iowa Governor operates, it'll all make sense.

So keep asking an irrelevant question. Iowa and South Dakota are two of the hot spots IN THE WORLD.

You are not a realist. Iowa has never shut down never had a mask mandate and outside of Johnson county has been business as normal and with all of that is 23rd in deaths per 100k. Interesting fact New York, New Jersey, Michigan, and Illinois are all in the top 10. Hell California might still be locked down 6 months later and they are right under Iowas 40 with 37. There is one reason why so many Californians are leaving for Texas, New Yorkers leaving for North Carolina and Illni are becoming Hawkeyes. Thank god we have a strong governor who doesn't cave to crybabies like you.
If Iowa is that great and Reynolds is doing such a good job... how does she manage to have a virus response approval rating of 28%? She's in a rare situation... her approval is actually worse than Trumps. One of three Governors in the country that can make that claim.

"Strong" and "Kim Reynolds are words never used in the same sentence

I'll clue you in on Reynolds and her cohorts at the IDPH. They manipulate numbers to verify their tactics. When caught lying by various entities like the Johnson County BOH... they claim "glitch". They lie... a lot.

What you need to recognize is even the WH Coronavirus Task Force disagrees with Kimmy actions. Something about "one of the highest" trends in the country and publically asking her to enact a mask mandate.

Once you realize how the Iowa Governor operates, it'll all make sense.

So keep asking an irrelevant question. Iowa and South Dakota are two of the hot spots IN THE WORLD.
You sure are something special....
1) If the state is fudging numbers, why wouldn't they have just burried the bad spike?
2) you understand that task force report is 3 weeks old and therefore outdated?
3) How do you not understand the positivity % and death rates are dropping? You understand that is the opposite of "trending up", yea?
Lastly, how can you believe the poor numbers then go full-on conspiracy theorist when they're good? At the very least, be consistent.

Keep going though, your (lack of) logic and obtuseness is incredibly entertaining.

Reactions: Jedhawk77
You sure are something special....
1) If the state is fudging numbers, why wouldn't they have just burried the bad spike?
2) you understand that task force report is 3 weeks old and therefore outdated?
3) How do you not understand the positivity % and death rates are dropping? You understand that is the opposite of "trending up", yea?
Lastly, how can you believe the poor numbers then go full-on conspiracy theorist when they're good? At the very least, be consistent.

Keep going though, your (lack of) logic and obtuseness is incredibly entertaining.
They couldn't bury the bad spike. They got caught by Johnson County and KCRG in CR.

Please tell me you don't believe what you post? You just like to argue.

I'll type this very S L O W L Y... Kimmy and the IDPH are fudging the numbers. Even the WH knows this.

They couldn't bury the bad spike. They got caught by Johnson County and KCRG in CR.

Please tell me you don't believe what you post? You just like to argue.

I'll type this very S L O W L Y... Kimmy and the IDPH are fudging the numbers. Even the WH knows this.
So that's your answer? You don't believe good numbers, but you believe bad numbers? So it's all bad all the time, and they can only fudge them on occasion? You understand how incredibly unintelligent you appear to all reading this thread, don't you? You surely understand how inconsistent your logic is right? How they can not bury the spike, yet the good numbers aren't legit? There's not a third option here...

Reactions: Jedhawk77
Why would the WH ask Reynolds to initiate a mask mandate? I'll help you out... Iowa virus numbers are a drag on Trump.

This request isn't coming from some rogue, Democratic news source. The WH Virus task force is doing it. Even they dont believe what Kimmy is telling them.

1512409930_reaction-of-surprise.gif

Johnson County didn’t catch them faking numbers. They discovered a glitch in the database that was assigning a second test for a person to the date of their first test
The numbers were the same overall, but it affected a very small number in regards to when the result showed up.

But, this thread is about football. And, I’m glad they allowed it, because it’s gone relatively well for thousands of kids who are playing across 100+ Iowa towns.

Why would the WH ask Reynolds to initiate a mask mandate? I'll help you out... Iowa virus numbers are a drag on Trump.

This request isn't coming from some rogue, Democratic news source. The WH Virus task force is doing it. Even they dont believe what Kimmy is telling them.
For the 4th time; 3 week old reports are no longer valid when the positivity rate, a key component of said report, drops 44% in that time frame. I can show you reports that say masks aren't effective, I can find reports that say IFR are 2%+, etc but that doesn't make them valid or relevant. Yes or No: you now understand that report is old and not valid?

Are you going to answer my previous question, or do I need to ask 4 times again?
You don't believe good numbers, but you believe bad numbers? So it's all bad all the time, and they can only fudge them on occasion? How they can not bury the spike, yet the good numbers aren't legit? There's not a third option here...

Johnson County didn’t catch them faking numbers. They discovered a glitch in the database that was assigning a second test for a person to the date of their first test
The numbers were the same overall, but it affected a very small number in regards to when the result showed up.
Woah woah, hold off on this. It will be way over their head. We're still trying to teach them smaller numbers = good, not bad.

There will be some teams that miss a game or two. That doesn’t mean playing high school football in Iowa hasn’t been a big success so far.
What’s important is the opportunity for a vast majority of kids to get that life experience in those fleeting years of their youth.

There will be some teams that miss a game or two. That doesn’t mean playing high school football in Iowa hasn’t been a big success so far.
What’s important is the opportunity for a vast majority of kids to get that life experience in those fleeting years of their youth.
Excuse me for a moment while I grab a tissue. "Fleeting years of their youth"? WTF

Reactions: ANYCHawk
Eddyville-Blakesburg-Fremont football program down from Covid.
Stop ignoring questions that make you look imbelcilic:
For the 4th time; 3 week old reports are no longer valid when the positivity rate, a key component of said report, drops 44% in that time frame. I can show you reports that say masks aren't effective, I can find reports that say IFR are 2%+, etc but that doesn't make them valid or relevant. Yes or No: you now understand that report is old and not valid?

Are you going to answer my previous question, or do I need to ask 4 times again?
You don't believe good numbers, but you believe bad numbers? So it's all bad all the time, and they can only fudge them on occasion? How they can not bury the spike, yet the good numbers aren't legit? There's not a third option here...

Excerpt from an article about a game Friday night. Don’t underestimate how much it means for these kids to live their lives with some semblance of normalcy and make lifetime memories with their friends.

“Friday’s game was played with fans in the stands. They had to wear masks and practice social distancing, but the players appreciated the support.

“It feels great,” Kolie said. “It makes you feel normal in these hard times.”

Marv Cook also was pleased with the atmosphere during Friday’s game.

“Friday nights are special,” he said. “It’s fun to be playing. It’s just fun for me to watch kids play, kids I’ve seen and been watching for 12 years now. I’m just excited they can come out and play.”

If Iowa is that great and Reynolds is doing such a good job... how does she manage to have a virus response approval rating of 28%? She's in a rare situation... her approval is actually worse than Trumps. One of three Governors in the country that can make that claim.

"Strong" and "Kim Reynolds are words never used in the same sentence
Maybe people without purpose sit around and fill out surveys?

Maybe people without purpose sit around and fill out surveys?
You understand the concept of "polling", correct? Just because your girl isn't popular doesn't mean people are "without purpose". It means people are unhappy with her job performance and don't think for a minute that this issue won't be discussed when she comes up for reelection. And when a Governor isn't popular... it trickles down to other Republican candidates on the ballot.

A Republican Governor with that kind of approval number on a single issue might be a first in this State. Kimmy's first presser after the original "18%" approval number was very testy, so you knew it bothered her.

Ogden has to shut down for football for 2 weeks. Down here in DFW, Fossil Ridge HS (6a) and Highland Park (5A) has taken the first two games off their schedule because of COVID. FRHS is totally shut down for 2 weeks because they don't have enough teachers because so many are in quarrantine for 2 weeks. 6A & 5A schools in Texas haven't even started football yet. Grand View ( i think 4a) had their game cancelled the day of because their opponent had to back out because of COVID.

If you test positive at our school you’re out 10 days.

If you sit within 6’ for 15+ minutes of someone who tests positive you are out 14 days. Even if you constantly test negative.

Teachers are getting sick of it and rotating desks every 12 minutes.

Parents are getting sick of it and adopted the new strategy of if your kid is sick keep them home and don’t test.

This should’ve all been avoided. These kids should’ve been exposed this summer. Is your 12 year old gonna make it to summer without getting Covid? If they are normal, no.

If you test positive at our school you’re out 10 days.

If you sit within 6’ for 15+ minutes of someone who tests positive you are out 14 days. Even if you constantly test negative.

Teachers are getting sick of it and rotating desks every 12 minutes.

Parents are getting sick of it and adopted the new strategy of if your kid is sick keep them home and don’t test.

This should’ve all been avoided. These kids should’ve been exposed this summer. Is your 12 year old gonna make it to summer without getting Covid? If they are normal, no.

Holy crap its not the chicken pox

He'd probably lose his mind if he saw the newest fatality rates the CDC released last week.
I'm tired of explaining this to you. In the last three or so weeks, the Gov's office and the IDPH have made a concerted effort to downplay the virus and lower the cases. They're on record. The same thing with now refusing to test LTC employees. And to coincide with that... it's quite likely they're trying to tie Covid deaths to other factors.

Reynold's motives are clear... she's getting heat from the WH because the CDC has classified Iowa as a hot spot.

If Iowa is a summer hot spot for Covid then I’d say we’re doing pretty well. Fully open and plenty of hospital capacity to spare. Think about it:

Couple weeks ago we were the hottest of spots.

We did nothing.

Iowa hospitals were never overwhelmed.

It’s not going away. Joe Public won’t be vaccinated until next Summer. Should we shut down schools, bars, restaurants and limit gatherings to 10 people until next Summer?

It’s not going away. Joe Public won’t be vaccinated until next Summer. Should we shut down schools, bars, restaurants and limit gatherings to 10 people until next Summer?

Boy if only there was some type of happy medium between being fully open and a shutdown.

I'm tired of explaining this to you. In the last three or so weeks, the Gov's office and the IDPH have made a concerted effort to downplay the virus and lower the cases. They're on record. The same thing with now refusing to test LTC employees. And to coincide with that... it's quite likely they're trying to tie Covid deaths to other factors.

Reynold's motives are clear... she's getting heat from the WH because the CDC has classified Iowa as a hot spot.
1) the CDC report regarding IFR is for the entire US, not Iowa, so fail by you.

And just so everyone here is clear, your answer in regards to falling deaths rates and positivity % falling in Iowa is that all bad numbers are to be believed, but all good numbers are part of a big conspiracy?
All of the bad numbers are accurate, but all of the good numbers are false - that's the position you want to take on this subject?

Last edited:
Boy if only there was some type of happy medium between being fully open and a shutdown.

Depends who is telling the story. Restaurant owner isn’t happy with no dine in. Working parent isn’t happy with online only school. Restrictions just delay positives and deaths.

Open everything up. No vaccine until next summer. 3/4 of the general population won’t take the vaccine by then.

it's quite likely they're trying to tie Covid deaths to other factors.
And we all know you pulled this from the deepest recessces of your posterior, but just so there's zero doubt, why don't you show us a moticum of evidence this is true....

Last edited:
@MitchLL I know you've seen my questions, but you forgot to answer them. So let's keep up doing this dance, and see if you can answer them:

1) the CDC report regarding IFR is for the entire US, not Iowa, so fail by you.

2) just so everyone here is clear, your answer in regards to falling deaths rates and positivity % falling in Iowa is that all bad numbers are to be believed, but all good numbers are part of a big conspiracy?
All of the bad numbers are accurate, but all of the good numbers are false - that's the position you want to take on this subject?

.. it's quite likely they're trying to tie Covid deaths to other factors.

And we all know you pulled this from the deepest recessces of your posterior, but just so there's zero doubt, why don't you show us a moticum of evidence this is true....

Last edited:
Excuse me for a moment while I grab a tissue. "Fleeting years of their youth"? WTF
You're just a bitter old prick aren't you? Do you know any 2020 grads who lost out on competing in their final year? I sure do and it was heartbreaking for them. We should all be happy for the kids being given the opportunity to play their final seasons right now, not rooting for it to fail bc of some twisted political advantage you think it gives your side.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Again.............Kim Reynolds and the IDPH announced three weeks ago that they were going to reduce testing and reclassify the death numbers if they deemed the victims to have other health conditions.

And they followed through on their threat/promise by announcing they would not do some testing on LTC employees. I realize they are following guidance from the WH to reduce the bad publicity they deserve.

The only way we're going to get accurate statistics is from local health officials and the media.

Sad, but that's what we have with Republicans in control.

You're just a bitter old prick aren't you? Do you know any 2020 grads who lost out on competing in their final year? I sure do and it was heartbreaking for them. We should all be happy for the kids being given the opportunity to play their final seasons right now, not rooting for it to fail bc of some twisted political advantage you think it gives your side.
I know dozens of 2020 grads because my grandson competed with them. They were disappointed, but most realized there are things in life more important than high school sports.

Now that we are beginning to learn that there are potentially some long term health ramifications from Covid, outside death, missing out XC/track/etc seems pretty insignificant. I think you have misplaced priorities.

But I realize that your side needs Merica back to normal to try and keep political power.

Every segment of Merica has been affected by the current weak leadership in this country.

I know dozens of 2020 grads because my grandson competed with them. They were disappointed, but most realized there are things in life more important than high school sports.

Now that we are beginning to learn that there are potentially some long term health ramifications from Covid, outside death, missing out XC/track/etc seems pretty insignificant. I think you have misplaced priorities.

But I realize that your side needs Merica back to normal to try and keep political power.

Every segment of Merica has been affected by the current weak leadership in this country.
You're grandson's friends told you this? Okay boomer... I'm sure they all deeply appreciate you looking out for their long term well being.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT