ADVERTISEMENT

Covid and Iowa high school football.

You're grandson's friends told you this? Okay boomer... I'm sure they all deeply appreciate you looking out for their long term well being.
Huh?

There was an instance or two where some kids changed college choices based on what was offered financially, because a few were looking at D-3 sports. But the parents seemed more frustrated than the kids.

Life lessons, my friend. A good experience that life isn't always fair.

Not sure what point you are trying to make here other than you don't like my political views.

Again.............Kim Reynolds and the IDPH announced three weeks ago that they were going to reduce testing and reclassify the death numbers if they deemed the victims to have other health conditions.

And they followed through on their threat/promise by announcing they would not do some testing on LTC employees. I realize they are following guidance from the WH to reduce the bad publicity they deserve.

The only way we're going to get accurate statistics is from local health officials and the media.

Sad, but that's what we have with Republicans in control.
So yes or no: all bad numbers = accurate, all good numbers are a conspiracy from the Whitehouse to make the face of the nation, the bustling hub of Iowa appear safer? That's your official position

And I know it's been spoon fed to you already here, but par for the course, you need everything repeated a minimum of 3 times before it has any hope of sticking:

Lastly, how did the evil empire get the hospitals on board to not report any significant rise in ICU beds, ventilators or other resources? What's their incentive?

Last edited:
Huh?

There was an instance or two where some kids changed college choices based on what was offered financially, because a few were looking at D-3 sports. But the parents seemed more frustrated than the kids.

Not sure what point you are trying to make here other than you don't like my political views.
I'm making the point that you spiking the ball everytime a high school has to suspend their season for a couple weeks so you can say I told you so, makes you look like a petty prick. Actually you're making that point all on your own, I'm just trying to help you see it.

Reactions: Pinehawk
I'm making the point that you spiking the ball everytime a high school has to suspend their season for a couple weeks so you can say I told you so, makes you look like a petty prick. Actually you're making that point all on your own, I'm just trying to help you see it.
Only pointing out how Kimmy's dereliction of duty last spring is still being felt by Iowans 6 months later.

I'll take your calling me a prick as a compliment. I know her supporters don't like being reminded of her shortcomings. And I'm reasonably certain Kimmy's 28% approval rating means I'm in the majority with my opinion.

So yes or no: all bad numbers = accurate, all good numbers are a conspiracy from the Whitehouse to make the face of the nation, the bustling hub of Iowa appear safer? That's your official position

And I know it's been spoon fed to you already here, but par for the course, you need everything repeated a minimum of 3 times before it has any hope of sticking:

Lastly, how did the evil empire get the hospitals on board to not report any significant rise in ICU beds, ventilators or other resources? What's their incentive?
As has been the trend... the IDPH and Gov's office is not releasing accurate info. Doesn't mean the hospitals aren't reporting them. How many times does that need to be explained?

When news media is the only "fact checker" for Reynolds, she can bury lots of bad data. And don't even get me started on how those pesky "metrics" were altered last spring. I have declared this from the beginning... If Reynolds was running for reelection this fall... the response would have been completely different. She's banking on voters forgetting this mess by 2022.

The list is growing, substantially, for Iowa high school programs cancelling for the next two weeks.

Who didn't see this coming?
Didn't your grandkids play sports this summer, and didn't you attend those events? You seriously might be the biggest hypocrite alive. Nothing you say can ever be taken seriously. You give that up when you tell people to do as you say, not as you do.

As has been the trend... the IDPH and Gov's office is not releasing accurate info. Doesn't mean the hospitals aren't reporting them. How many times does that need to be explained?

When news media is the only "fact checker" for Reynolds, she can bury lots of bad data. And don't even get me started on how those pesky "metrics" were altered last spring. I have declared this from the beginning... If Reynolds was running for reelection this fall... the response would have been completely different. She's banking on voters forgetting this mess by 2022.
So for the 6th time; your position is that we should discount all good number and only believe the bad ones?

Didn't your grandkids play sports this summer, and didn't you attend those events? You seriously might be the biggest hypocrite alive. Nothing you say can ever be taken seriously. You give that up when you tell people to do as you say, not as you do.
Nothing hypocritical at all. I didn't decide if they played or not. And of course we attended. But distancing at a high school baseball game is not the same as trying to distance in football bleachers.

I enjoyed watching the games, but that doesn't mean playing the games was the right decision. A total shutdown last March thru July would have been better than the drip/drip we're going to see this fall and winter. High school basketball looks like a disaster waiting to happen. I suspect there won't be any fans at games or maybe the "three admissions per player" standard.

I'm starting to believe this school year should be eliminated and just have every student start the 21/22 school year where the 2020 year ended.

• Haha
Reactions: your_master5
So for the 6th time; your position is that we should discount all good number and only believe the bad ones?
Yep. And for the seventh time... Kimmy lies just like her President. Give me a GOP Governor like Ohio has and I'll change my opinion.

Yep. And for the seventh time... Kimmy lies just like her President. Give me a GOP Governor like Ohio has and I'll change my opinion.
Wow....We can see your irrationalities nearly every time you make a post, but to see it written...I would love to hear more of your conspiracy theories. Whatcha got?

But back to the discussion, you want to hang your hat on the ohio governor? The same govenor who is running a state that has the same deaths per capita as iowa (ok, lets not be hyperbolic, Iowa is at 40, Ohio is at 39). His state also has the honor of having a higher unemployment rate than the national average, while Iowa on the other hand has (wanna guess?) not only a much lower rate than the national average, we have put more distance between us and average during this pandemic.

Now, those figures are from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, are you going to contend there is some national conspiracy to make Iowa, of all states, look better?

Last edited:
Just so you know, I just finished answering my Test Iowa survey, and even responding that I dont know if Ive been in contact with an infected person, and not showing symptoms, I could get any time slot I wanted for a test starting as early as tomorrow morning in the first time slot. If theyre suppressing testing, theyre doing a very poor job of it.

Reactions: Hammer93
Just so you know, I just finished answering my Test Iowa survey, and even responding that I dont know if Ive been in contact with an infected person, and not showing symptoms, I could get any time slot I wanted for a test starting as early as tomorrow morning in the first time slot. If theyre suppressing testing, theyre doing a very poor job of it.
JFC>>>>>>>>>>>>>I told you that the IDPH is refusing to do the LTC employee testing because she says it will "overwhelm" the testing site. No one said anything about Test Iowa. Stop changing the subject because you don't have a good answer.

They are limiting some testing and that's not an opinion. It's a fact!

JFC>>>>>>>>>>>>>I told you that the IDPH is refusing to do the LTC employee testing because she says it will "overwhelm" the testing site. No one said anything about Test Iowa. Stop changing the subject because you don't have a good answer.

They are limiting some testing and that's not an opinion. It's a fact!

Exactly, because they dont have the resources (rapid tests), not that they are outright refusing because they want to suppress to numbers. Doesnt it stand to reason that if the states goal is to suppress testing, they would also suppress Test Iowa? But who expects you to read anything but the headlines.

And I noticed you conveniently ignored my entire post about the state of Ohio. Care to weigh in on that one?

Exactly, because they dont have the resources (rapid tests), not that they are outright refusing because they want to suppress to numbers. Doesnt it stand to reason that if the states goal is to suppress testing, they would also suppress Test Iowa? But who expects you to read anything but the headlines.

And I noticed you conveniently ignored my entire post about the state of Ohio. Care to weigh in on that one?
Perhaps your Governor should have used Federal funding to secure additional testing capabilities rather than pay her friends overtime for work they should have done as part of their daily routines?

The Ohio Governor puts Kimmy to shame. Reynolds was fine until there was a challenge in her administration. Covering for sexual harassment and discrimination lawsuits is way easier than conquering Covid and a derecho. You find out about leadership qualities in trying times. Fighting these challenges is even tougher than taking 25 years to get a college degree. Or avoiding multiple DUIs.

BTW: I'm done until I announce the next high school football team shutting down for Covid.

So, get the last word in if you so choose.

Perhaps your Governor should have used Federal funding to secure additional testing capabilities rather than pay her friends overtime for work they should have done as part of their daily routines?

The Ohio Governor puts Kimmy to shame. Reynolds was fine until there was a challenge in her administration. Covering for sexual harassment and discrimination lawsuits is way easier than conquering Covid and a derecho. You find out about leadership qualities in trying times. Fighting these challenges is even tougher than taking 25 years to get a college degree. Or avoiding multiple DUIs.

BTW: I'm done until I announce the next high school football team shutting down for Covid.

So, get the last word in if you so choose.

Nothing says you dont have a leg to stand on quite like quitting a debate when you can longer ignore nor answer even the most elementary questions and data points.
If Iowa and Ohio and the same death rates, but Iowa has kept unemployment much lower (and lower than the national average), how can you rationalize praising the one with poorer performance, yet chastise the one who has much better metrics? Unless, of course, you also believe the Bureau of Labor Statistics is in on this deeply rooted national conspiracy to cover up iowa infections, hospitalizations, deaths, and unemployment rates.

You seem to be a very bitter old man. May I suggest a hobby? Perhaps woodworking, maybe shooting/reloading?

And now that we have rid this thread of @MitchLL 's drivel, lets take a second to celebrate the fact this past week 302 teams successfully played a high school football game.

Another signal of good news, the CDC on the 10th issued a revised IFR that is now broken down by age group. Looks like this age group has a IFR of .003%.

And despite @MitchLL 's recommendations, another high school has reversed course and is starting their high school season. Minnesota is now joining Colorado, Michigan & delaware in reversing their decision and will now play this fall

Had to pop back in after I was tagged.

You know how fvcking ridiculous you look with three consecutive posts and no one responding?

Now you can go back to arguing with yourself. I don't have time for shitstains like you.

You're just a bitter old prick aren't you? Do you know any 2020 grads who lost out on competing in their final year? I sure do and it was heartbreaking for them. We should all be happy for the kids being given the opportunity to play their final seasons right now, not rooting for it to fail bc of some twisted political advantage you think it gives your side.

He’s batshit crazy and theres a 100% chance he’s on multiple agency watchlists

Reactions: SalAunese
Had to pop back in after I was tagged.

You know how fvcking ridiculous you look with three consecutive posts and no one responding?

Now you can go back to arguing with yourself. I don't have time for shitstains like you.

Covid casualty... North Cedar high school.
Covid casualty... Tipton high school
Covid casualty... Ridge View high school
Covid casualty... North Iowa high school
Covid casualty... Ogden high school
Covid casualty... Exira high school
Covid casualty... Northeast Commuity high school
Covid casualty... DM Christian high school
You must not understand the definition of "casualty". And you missed at least one more, but ~97% success rate? Sounds good to me and most everyone else.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
Last four days of positive case numbers in Johnson County: 14, 11, 7, 11.
Positivity rate of 6.8%.
County of 150,000+ people.
Those are good numbers, and as we have all seen, any good numbers are only good because theyve been suppressed by the evil empire and are therefor not valid....;)

It would be hard to get much lower than those numbers at this point.
Iowa City kids are still not in school though.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, given one's POV... one statistic the Governor can't lie about is deaths from Covid.

Tuesday saw an unbelievable 19 deaths reported in Iowa. No one, not even the apologists, can spin that! Whether that was a correction tabulated from previous days or a stand alone number... that's horrific!

Wonder if some of those deaths resulted from contact with high school aged relatives?

Your misrepresenting what the article says. It is all over the place with disclaimers about them piecing info together.

https://kwwl.com/2020/09/22/sept-22-517-new-covid-19-cases-in-iowa-19-more-deaths-1000-recoveries/

I'm not sure what they are counting, but it is incorrect. They say 23 new cases from 10 AM Monday to 10 AM today.
There is no way that is possible or accurate. The data currently shows 11 yesterday, 0 today.
Even if they counted Sunday and Monday, the total would only be 19, not 23.
Don't believe me? Look for yourself...
Click on Johnson County, then hover the cursor over the individual days on the bar graph.
https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/case-counts

And, btw, 0 new deaths in Johnson County.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, given one's POV... one statistic the Governor can't lie about is deaths from Covid.

Tuesday saw an unbelievable 19 deaths reported in Iowa. No one, not even the apologists, can spin that! Whether that was a correction tabulated from previous days or a stand alone number... that's horrific!

Wonder if some of those deaths resulted from contact with high school aged relatives?
Sure sucks when the raw data says youre fabricating numbers. Youd have to total the past 5.5 days to come up with 19.

Huh?

And life lessons my ass. The only life lessons these young people should learn is how they'll be manipulated by shitty people for political gain.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
ADVERTISEMENT