ADVERTISEMENT

Covid and Iowa high school football.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, given one's POV... one statistic the Governor can't lie about is deaths from Covid.

Tuesday saw an unbelievable 19 deaths reported in Iowa. No one, not even the apologists, can spin that! Whether that was a correction tabulated from previous days or a stand alone number... that's horrific!

Wonder if some of those deaths resulted from contact with high school aged relatives?

And check this out, I can do it too:

Hey everyone, yesterday (9/21) Iowa had the most covid recoveries in a single 24 hour period since this began. In fact, we had 51% more recoveries yesterday than the next highest day (877 on 9/14). A total of 1322 people yesterday alone kicked the virus and are back to be happy, healthy, contributing members of the community.

Hey everyone, yesterday (9/21) Iowa had the most covid recoveries in a single 24 hour period since this began. In fact, we had 51% more recoveries yesterday than the next highest day (877 on 9/14). A total of 1322 people yesterday alone kicked the virus and are back to be happy, healthy, contributing members of the community.

And, the news is even better than that. Because I've heard there are stacks of 'recovered' cases that just haven't been entered into the database yet, because people are just too busy to get to that.
So, there are many more 'recovered' cases that the numbers show now.
They were either get entered, or the system will begin to default them to recovered after 30 days.

Do the recovered victims make up for the families of the 19 deaths that are grieving today?

Asking for a friend.

Sure sucks when the raw data says youre fabricating numbers. Youd have to total the past 5.5 days to come up with 19.
So, at least four different television stations are making shit up? If I have to choose who to believe... I'll go with the television reports.

You need to pull a "Lone Clone" and concede.

The deaths were likely 90+ year old long term nursing home residents who were having their estate bled dry at 6K/month.
So their family may think 'God was ready to call them home'.

So, at least four different television stations are making shit up? If I have to choose who to believe... I'll go with the television reports.

Show us where those numbers come from? How do they line up with the official numbers?

Show us where those numbers come from? How do they line up with the official numbers?
Click the websiteof any of the four I mentioned. Every outlet is reporting the same numbers. Those "official" numbers are from the IDPH... so they are likely spread out over previous days or not yet included. Maybe there was yet another famous "glitch"?

Look at the numbers for yourself. They don't add up.
They are trying to pull from the official IDPH numbers AND some local county webpages.
They are likely double counting some cases.
But, I guess that sells papers and keeps people like you worked up.

The deaths were likely 90+ year old long term nursing home residents who were having their estate bled dry at 6K/month.
That's your explanation? YOU ARE PATHETIC

Hospitalizations also increased and 10 Counties are now over the 15% threshold to go on line.

Hospitalizations also increased and 10 Counties are now over the 15% threshold to go on line.

Oh, so you do know how to look at those numbers.
That makes your previous posts more confusing...

Yeah, hospitalizations increased. From 34 to 37. In the entire state.
In Region 5, our region, it decreased. From 7 yesterday to 3 in the last 24 hours.

Look at the numbers for yourself. They don't add up.
They are trying to pull from the official IDPH numbers AND some local county webpages.
They are likely double counting some cases.
But, I guess that sells papers and keeps people like you worked up.
Your excuses get weaker with every post.

Congrats?

One more thing... TV stations aren't selling newspapers. You can't be this dumb?

I'm going to need some energy drinks... bitch slapping you is hard work.

Your excuses get weaker with every post.

Congrats?

One more thing... TV stations aren't selling newspapers. You can't be this dumb?

I'm going to need some energy drinks... bitch slapping you is hard work.

You've been wrong on everything you've posted today.

Reactions: your_master5
You've been wrong on everything you've posted today.
So... you're not going to visit the websites of the four tv stations?

Ignorance isn't a positive trait, my friend.

You should concede, also.

I'm done correcting you until you sober up. Bye.

If any of your tv stations can provide the dates of said deaths, I will gladly compare to the official totals broken down by date. If there is a discrepancy we should absolutely alert the correct outlets. I will happily "concede" if you can show me more valid data than what is currently available. Until that time, the numbers speak for themselves and they say 21 people total have died going back to 9/16.

If you cant understand the flaw of reporting a 24 hour total minus the previous 24 hour total, well then maybe you should join one of your grandchildren in their 3rd grade math class. This is a common reporting tactic used by all news outlets, its not wrong, but it is disingenuous because the uneducated masses assume when they read the headlines all of those numbers came in the past 24 hours, which is untrue. If you ask them, they will not hide the fact a certain amount of reported numbers are aged, and will even explain that is why they use the words "additional reported" and not "new". Dont be so naive.

Lastly, you said you were done with this thread and only reporting when schools cancel games. What happened to that plan?

So... you're not going to visit the websites of the four tv stations?

Ignorance isn't a positive trait, my friend.

You should concede, also.

I'm done correcting you until you sober up. Bye.

I did. They are wrong. Their numbers don't match the official numbers. They appear to be overcounting based on using multiple redundant data sources.

I did. They are wrong. Their numbers don't match the official numbers. They appear to be overcounting based on using multiple redundant data sources.
JFC... Read the God damned explanation with the sory. It's explained clearly that they're using the timeline of 10AM from the previous day to 10AM of the current day. Of course it won't match the IDPH. Who knows what data the State is using? They've pretty much lied from Day one.

By chance... were your parents brother and sister? You and your brother eat paint chips as kids?

There is a 90% chance the death was someone over 60. There is a 49% chance the person was over 80. I’m not minimizing any deaths. They all suck and families will grieve those deaths. Protect yourself and the ones you love. However, if I’m over 80 and rotting in a nursing home, send Dr. Jack K please. I’ll take death through an IV over COVID.

Reactions: Pinehawk
There is a 90% chance the death was someone over 60. There is a 49% chance the person was over 80. I’m not minimizing any deaths. They all suck and families will grieve those deaths. Protect yourself and the ones you love. However, if I’m over 80 and rotting in a nursing home, send Dr. Jack K please. I’ll take death through an IV over COVID.
All excellent points. My concern, all along, has been the high school athletes that visit their grandparents or talk to them after the game. Every game I've ever gone to... kids mingle with friends and relatives after events.

Iowa needs a mask mandate and the Governor has the power to authorize it. But she won't because she's a puppet of the WH. Even worse... she could let local officials make that decision.

Reactions: tigerguy_
No one's proven me wrong yet... you wanna try?
You new here? Just because you dont agree doesnt mean you havent been proven wrong every step of the way from the "trending up" debacle all the way to your inference that 19 people died yesterday from it. Along the same lines, just because you cry "conspiracy" doesnt make it true and doesnt make the data in question invalid. Sorry if you didnt pick up on us humoring you....

You new here? Just because you dont agree doesnt mean you havent been proven wrong every step of the way. Along the same lines, just because you cry "conspiracy" doesnt make it true and doesnt make the data in question invalid. Sorry if you didnt pick up on us humoring you....
So, I've been trolled all along? I should have known you guys were messing with me.

Thanks for admitting your motives.

I'll just add.......Independence high school down for Covid this Friday. No game vs Waukon.

So, I've been trolled all along? I should have known you guys were messing with me.

Thanks for admitting your motives.

I'll just add.......Independence high school down for Covid this Friday. No game vs Waukon.
Youve been wrong all along. I just looked back through the several pages and there isnt a single point you have been correct about.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Youve been wrong all along. I just looked back through the several pages and there isnt a single point you have been correct about.
You have a little "Trump" in you. Facts aren't facts and you have a "believe me" POV.

You're one of those annoying people that just can't bring themselves to admit when you're wrong.

Your brother is the same way. You know who I mean, right... the one that thinks TV stations sell newspapers!

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
Covid casualty... DM Christian high school
Also Fremont Mills cancelled last week's volleyball and football games due to Covid19. Nine positive cases throughout the school PK-12. They are online this week with no activities. Homecoming has been postponed from Friday to October 9th.

You have a little "Trump" in you. Facts aren't facts and you have a "believe me" POV.

You're one of those annoying people that just can't bring themselves to admit when you're wrong.

Your brother is the same way. You know who I mean, right... the one that thinks TV stations sell newspapers!
Is reading comprehension an issue for you, or is it short term memory? If you look back, you'll see I said very early in our debate I am not affiliated with the republican party at all, and all of my points are verifiable with data.

Please, bullet point for me what ive been wrong about, I will gladly acknowledge any points you can refute with verifiable data. I can point to official data to corroborate all of my points. Your best defense so far has been an unverifiable claim of conspiracy and willful ignorance.

• Your claim of data "trending up"? unequivocally false.
  • Your claim athletes are contracting on field and passing to family? No record of such events.
  • You claim the state refused to test nursing home employees, they actually said they cannot, w/o rapid testing, test to the level guidelines outline due to resource constraints. (you, of course, will blame this on Reynolds in some way, shape or form). Test Iowa is wide open, so if the goal was to suppress testing, why wouldnt they suppress this avenue as well? On this point, I may have had agreed with you if 1) the Test Iowa wasnt so readily available and 2) the richest sports league in the world still havent figured out the rapid testing yet (in regards to capacity and/or accuracy), so the reasoning is not far fetched.
  • You claimed Iowa is 55/45 republican while voter registration data shows 34/34/32 and 3 of 4 reps are Ds (and you claimed some fairly bigoted reason why there isnt a 4th)
  • You keep referring to a whitehouse task force report from 3+ weeks back as if its new and all data hasnt been trending down since its release
  • You claim the Gov's office has made a concerted effort to suppress the case counts the past 3 weeks, yet we can get a test via Test Iowa whenever we want regardless of contact or lack thereof.
  • You claim the IDPH and/or the Gov's office is tying Covid deaths to other causes - you are yet to show any proof of this claim or execution. (and for some reason today you contradict yourself and say the only metric the state cant fudge is deaths)
  • You claim you wont trust any data from any states w/ a red gov (lets sidebar the huge flaw in that line of thinking), but then go on to say the Ohio Gov is doing an adequate job. Yet Ohio has approximately the same deaths per capita (again, Iowa 40, Ohio 39), and their unemployment rate is much higher than Iowa's.
  • 3x now youve said you're "done", but you keep coming back and making more foolish claims
  • You claim 19 people died yesterday from it, no data can back that up (those numbers you keep claiming from the news stations, guess where they pull those numbers from..... )
  • You claim you havent been proven wrong....well.....see above.
Can't wait to read your insulting, profanity laced defensive diatribe that ignores all facts & reasoning. Bonus points if you can incorporate your conspiracy theory again. Even more points if you can keep one of your claims to be "done" and only post cancelled high school games. I will happily concede that one if you can keep quiet.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

All excellent points. My concern, all along, has been the high school athletes that visit their grandparents or talk to them after the game. Every game I've ever gone to... kids mingle with friends and relatives after events.

Iowa needs a mask mandate and the Governor has the power to authorize it. But she won't because she's a puppet of the WH. Even worse... she could let local officials make that decision.

IMO, player’s mingling with grandparents, that’s on them. They can go to the game, but why would anyone in this pandemic allow a grandparent to get within 10 feet of a player or anyone else? You can’t fix stupid.

My Dad, 80, cancer survivor, attends my son’s HS games. He wears a mask, sits all by himself on a retaining wall and talks to no one. After the game he disappears. Before we exit the stands, he’s gone.

Id be ok with an indoor mask mandate. Although I’m not sure how bars and restaurants would work through that. I think requiring masks outside old be difficult to enforce and police.

Is reading comprehension an issue for you, or is it short term memory? If you look back, you'll see I said very early in our debate I am not affiliated with the republican party at all, and all of my points are verifiable with data.

Please, bullet point for me what ive been wrong about, I will gladly acknowledge any points you can refute with verifiable data. I can point to official data to corroborate all of my points. Your best defense so far has been an unverifiable claim of conspiracy and willful ignorance.

• Your claim athletes are contracting on field and passing to family? No record of such events.
  • You claim the state refused to test nursing home employees, they actually said they cannot, w/o rapid testing, test to the level guidelines outline due to resource constraints. (you, of course, will blame this on Reynolds in some way, shape or form). Test Iowa is wide open, so if the goal was to suppress testing, why wouldnt they suppress this avenue as well? On this point, I may have had agreed with you if 1) the Test Iowa wasnt so readily available and 2) the richest sports league in the world still havent figured out the rapid testing yet (in regards to capacity and/or accuracy), so the reasoning is not far fetched.
  • You claimed Iowa is 55/45 republican while voter registration data shows 34/34/32 and 3 of 4 reps are Ds (and you claimed some fairly bigoted reason why there isnt a 4th)
  • You keep referring to a whitehouse task force report from 3+ weeks back as if its new and all data hasnt been trending down since its release
  • You claim the Gov's office has made a concerted effort to suppress the case counts the past 3 weeks, yet we can get a test via Test Iowa whenever we want regardless of contact or lack thereof.
  • You claim the IDPH and/or the Gov's office is tying Covid deaths to other causes - you are yet to show any proof of this claim or execution. (and for some reason today you contradict yourself and say the only metric the state cant fudge is deaths)
  • You claim you wont trust any data from any states w/ a red gov (lets sidebar the huge flaw in that line of thinking), but then go on to say the Ohio Gov is doing an adequate job. Yet Ohio has approximately the same deaths per capita (again, Iowa 40, Ohio 39), and their unemployment rate is much higher than Iowa's.
  • 3x now youve said you're "done", but you keep coming back and making more foolish claims
  • You claim 19 people died yesterday from it, no data can back that up (those numbers you keep claiming from the news stations, guess where they pull those numbers from..... )
Can't wait to read your insulting, profanity laced defensive diatribe that ignores all facts & reasoning. Bonus points if you can incorporate your conspiracy theory again. Even more points if you can keep one of your claims to be "done" and only post cancelled high school games. I will happily concede that one if you can keep quiet.

That's quite the list.

Triggered. You need to step away and collect your thoughts.

Your obsession can't be healthy.

I'm laughing and my wife asks "Why". I can't explain you to her because I can't figure you out, either.

The original post, back ten pages, or so, was to highlite the issues with enforcing vague guidelines where multiple entities are involved. We're going to have to agree to disagree. I have first hand info about the conflicts with reporting/enforcing Covid regulations. Contact tracing is so far an impossible task. There is no consistency.

High school basketball season will be even worse. We're headed to a "no fans" scenario.

We’re headed to where only people like you will care anymore. Apathy is growing. Things are resuming left and right.
Stay home if you’re sick or scared. The rest of us are moving on with life.
NW Iowa begs to differ. Souix County at 30% positive rate and Kimmy doesn't know why?

Lyon and Osceola Counties above 20%.

NW Iowa begs to differ. Souix County at 30% positive rate and Kimmy doesn't know why?

And, yet, I’m pretty sure NW Iowa cares less about that than you do.

We are done sheltering in NW Iowa. You noted Sioux County. 6 months into the worst pandemic in 100 years Sioux County has had 3 people die with Covid.

I live in Plymouth County. We have been rolling between 16-25% for a month and a half. It’s BAU. I went to a HS football game Friday night. Not many masks around town. Only time it’s brought up is parents pissed their kid has to sit out of school 2 weeks because someone he sat next to. Outside of forums people are done with Covid. Google searches down 90% in the US.

Reactions: Mattski
Nothing hypocritical at all. I didn't decide if they played or not. And of course we attended. But distancing at a high school baseball game is not the same as trying to distance in football bleachers.

I enjoyed watching the games, but that doesn't mean playing the games was the right decision. A total shutdown last March thru July would have been better than the drip/drip we're going to see this fall and winter. High school basketball looks like a disaster waiting to happen. I suspect there won't be any fans at games or maybe the "three admissions per player" standard.

I'm starting to believe this school year should be eliminated and just have every student start the 21/22 school year where the 2020 year ended.

So baseball bleachers are different than football bleachers? and how is basketball going to be any different than volleyball? is volleyball a disaster too? Your head is so far up the Democratic ideology that you are incredibly narrow minded right now. That is the danger of politics and basing life decisions on a party affiliation. It makes you look like you cannot think outside the box or for yourself.

So baseball bleachers are different than football bleachers? and how is basketball going to be any different than volleyball? is volleyball a disaster too? Your head is so far up the Democratic ideology that you are incredibly narrow minded right now. That is the danger of politics and basing life decisions on a party affiliation. It makes you look like you cannot think outside the box or for yourself.
Easy answer on the baseball/football comparison. Most bleachers in baseball were blocked off. Plus, we always sit beyond the RF fence. The comparison of volleyball/basketball is also a bit hinky. Volleyball players are, for the most part, stationary with minimal movement from players. And fan support is way less than basketball. I've seen volleyball players wear masks, but I can't imagine basketball players wearing then running up and down the court.

This is political. Has been from the start. When the President publically downplays the virus and does a 180 in the Woodward interview, you can see why it's an issue.

I'm tired of Republicans kowtowing to the WH. Reynolds is one of the worst.

Easy answer on the baseball/football comparison. Most bleachers in baseball were blocked off. Plus, we always sit beyond the RF fence. The comparison of volleyball/basketball is also a bit hinky. Volleyball players are, for the most part, stationary with minimal movement from players. And fan support is way less than basketball. I've seen volleyball players wear masks, but I can't imagine basketball players wearing then running up and down the court.

This is political. Has been from the start. When the President publically downplays the virus and does a 180 in the Woodward interview, you can see why it's an issue.

I'm tired of Republicans kowtowing to the WH. Reynolds is one of the worst.

But I have yet to hear about sweat particles being the reason why someone got sick. It is the airborne particles. Basketball will be fine. Less players on the court than volleyball. Volleyball yells constantly and are at the net within 1 foot of the other team constantly.

How can you say one outdoor activity is worse than the other? Baseball teams got shut down just as much as football has. You are talking about republicans but cannot see the hypocritical talking points in your own arguments. I am an independent. Sick of the 1 way thinking. Wear a mask and attend games, stay home if sick or high risk. If someone gets sick quarantine. How in the hell are we supposed to move on if we never try.

My 88 y/o brother is one of them. Thanks for not making me feel better.

But hey he was old, so he was ready to go I guess according to your post. Nothing could be further from the truth in his case.

ADVERTISEMENT