ADVERTISEMENT

Covid and Iowa high school football.

What data can you provide to show testing has decreased? According to Johns Hopkins (do you have a problem w/ Johns Hopkins now too?), testing has remained flat or increased in 72% of the states WoW.

In fact, here is a nice graph showing national testing numbers. Looks like testing is trending up. So keep making your claims with ZERO evidence to backup it up, and ill keep showing you all the data that refutes every point you try to make.

Two weeks ago, IDPH announced they couldn't/wouldn't meet Federal guidelines for LTC employees testing because of some vague insinuation that the State Hygenic Lab didn't have capacity. In my book, that's reducing testing.
Much of the recent increase in testing was from colleges testing as students returned to campus. So, we'd expect a short term spike in testing.

Why would you what I bitch about? This Covid thing has highlited some leadership problems with the IHSAA, the IDPH, and most profoundly, Kim Reynolds.

Regarding my grandkids... they all know the support they get from my wife and me.

I have free time on my hands and I like to debate. What better place than message boards?

We can't travel on vacations, my wife still won't go to theatres or restaurants. That's because of weak Republican leadership at multiple levels. So here I am.
Surprised youā€™re not out in the country side throwing your old lawnmower and snowblower in a ditch.
you are on here so much where do you find the time?

Two weeks ago, IDPH announced they couldn't/wouldn't meet Federal guidelines for LTC employees testing because of some vague insinuation that the State Hygenic Lab didn't have capacity. In my book, that's reducing testing.
Much of the recent increase in testing was from colleges testing as students returned to campus. So, we'd expect a short term spike in testing.
Just because you dont like the reason doesnt make it false. You can write whatever you want in your book, its your book after all, but all data says that book would be firmly entrenched in Juvenile Fiction.

And now we need to qualify who is being tested? So who needs to be tested in order for it to be counted, in your opinion, since college students evidently dont count? (also, can you backup the claim college students are accounting for all testing increase? From which point in time does that claim take effect?)

for the 5th time now, which state leaders do you feel are doing a good job and by which metric(s)? This shouldnt be a difficult question to answer.

Just because you dont like the reason doesnt make it false. You can write whatever you want in your book, its your book after all, but all data says that book would be firmly entrenched in Juvenile Fiction.

And now we need to qualify who is being tested? So who needs to be tested in order for it to be counted, in your opinion, since college students evidently dont count? (also, can you backup the claim college students are accounting for all testing increase? From which point in time does that claim take effect?)

for the 5th time now, which state leaders do you feel are doing a good job and by which metric(s)? This shouldnt be a difficult question to answer.

Dumb, Dumb can't answer that question. Move on to something simpler for him.

Dumb, Dumb can't answer that question. Move on to something simpler for him.
I dont think it can get any simpler - the question is literally "whats your opinion and why". Hasnt been short on asinine opinions so far, not sure why this one is different.

Reactions: Hammer93
Mitch, I do not support Governor Reynolds. I hope she is voted out.
And, I absolutely cannot stand President Trump. He is the worst we've ever had.
But...you are not helping the democratic cause, and are in fact hurting it, by allowing your politics to overtake common sense in regards to discussing this outbreak.

Again... DeWine... the main reason being he didn't let the WH pressure and intimidate him into a grand reopening. It was a more measured response compated to puppets like Reynolds and DeSantis.

But this will all be immaterial on Tuesday as that other poster said Kimmy is gonna dazzle us with new metrics.

Again... DeWine... the main reason being he didn't let the WH pressure and intimidate him into a grand reopening. It was a more measured response compated to puppets like Reynolds and DeSantis.

But this will all be immaterial on Tuesday as that other poster said Kimmy is gonna dazzle us with new metrics.
So you care more optics rather than results?

And for the 6th time; which state leaders have done a good job, in your opinion and by which metric(s) do youake that judgement?

Huh? Reynolds has neither. Reynolds has zero accomplishments to hang her liqour bottle on.

I'm tired of Iowa being a punch line to a joke.
Same death rate (which is literally right in the middle of all states) and better unemployment than Ohio. So how can you say DeWine is doing nothing but worse?

7th time; which state leaders have done a good job, in your opinion and by which metric(s) do you make that judgement?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hammer93
This is a long, but very well written article that everyone should read.
Very powerful.
Yep. Now multiply that scenario by tens, if not hundreds of thousands times and ponder what fear is doing to this nation.

ā€¢ Paul Kihn, the District's deputy mayor for education, tells News4 there are about 99,000 students in D.C. public schools, both traditional and charter. About 22,000 have either not enrolled at all or haven't completed the registration process. That's twice the normal number.

Now that Kimmy has caved to more WH pressure... who's going to enforce which kids were or weren't wearing masks when a positive case is determined? Honor system, room monitor make a daily list, teacher asked to remember, camera system, ask the student?

Just another hastily developed policy based on those officials in Wyoming and Nebraska? What could go wrong?

And........... a shoutout to my friends who broke the news earlier this week.

I can tell you that tomorrow the Governor will be making an announcement regarding a big change to the quarantine guidelines. Which will virtually eliminate the need for most schools and football teams needing to quarantine anymore.
It is going to make you very mad. But, it is based in data from Iowa and other states.
If what I say turns out to be true, then you can be assured that I know far more about this than you do.

@MitchLL
Guess I did know what I was talking about...

https://kwwl.com/2020/09/28/idph-th...tine-for-14-days-if-face-coverings-were-worn/

Now that Kimmy has caved to more WH pressure... who's going to enforce which kids were or weren't wearing masks when a positive case is determined? Honor system, room monitor make a daily list, teacher asked to remember, camera system, ask the student?

Just another hastily developed policy based on those officials in Wyoming and Nebraska? What could go wrong?

You missed my last few questions. Allow me to re-ask

how can you say DeWine is doing nothing but worse when their death rate is roughly equal (and mid 20s nation wide), and Ohio's unemployment is significantly worse?

8th time; which state leaders have done a good job, in your opinion and by which metric(s) do you make that judgement?

You are absolutely nuts. Someone told you that you wouldnt like the news coming out of Tuesdays press conference regarding guidelines. He was right. You had no friends that broke this to you. It was from someone arguing with you on here. You are absolutely crazy and have let politics take over your life. Which is pathetic.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
We can't travel on vacations, my wife still won't go to theatres or restaurants. That's because of weak Republican leadership at multiple levels. So here I am.

I think it has a lot more to do with you and your mindset than any particular state leadership. Aren't you tired of embarrassing yourself on here with silly statements? You and a few others have been sounding like a broken record for years. Unless you both have serious pre-existing conditions, there's no real reason to have a bunker mentality regarding COVID. My parents are both 69 (ha ha) and have been out and about frequently at their home in Florida and Iowa/Minnesota. My dad is helping coach HS football again this fall and he's staying active and and being productive while wearing a mask, washing his hands and adhering to social distancing rules the best he can.

Another week of football, another 298 teams that got to play (aprox 95%).
@MitchLL
Of course... Kimmy just threw all the CDC recommendations out the window. What else would you expect from the WH's puppet?

Iowa has experienced record hospitalizations this week and the highest 7 day death counts since the pandemic started.

This isn't getting better... it's getting progressively worse. But hey... it's just the flu and it's a hoax.

Reactions: tigerguy_
Of course... Kimmy just threw all the CDC recommendations out the window. What else would you expect from the WH's puppet?

Iowa has experienced record hospitalizations this week and the highest 7 day death counts since the pandemic started.

This isn't getting better... it's getting progressively worse. But hey... it's just the flu and it's a hoax.
But but but you said we cant trust the IDPH numbers. Which is it, do we trust them or no?

(but that "highest 7 day death count" is completely bogus - no idea where you gleaned that from)

But but but you said we cant trust the IDPH numbers. Which is it, do we trust them or no?

(but that "highest 7 day death count" is completely bogus - no idea where you gleaned that from)
I'm not getting my info from the IDPH. It's coming from news websites who gather their info from the County Boards of Health.

The last question is a softball. Find me any previous 7 day period where the death count was higher than the last 7 days? Translation... things are getting noticeably worse in Iowa. Some of your stats were from those days where stats were supposedly "updated".

Hospitalizations, which has ben one of your "go to" stats for awhile, are at the highest level since the start of the pandemic.

Go try and bullshit someone else.

BTW: Give Kimmy a call and ask her to go visit the WH. TIA

The news isnā€™t getting numbers from county Boards of Health. The counties get their numbers from the state.
Individual counties arenā€™t monitoring and rounding up test results. They come through the same database everyone is using.

I'm not getting my info from the IDPH. It's coming from news websites who gather their info from the County Boards of Health.

The last question is a softball. Find me any previous 7 day period where the death count was higher than the last 7 days? Translation... things are getting noticeably worse in Iowa. Some of your stats were from those days where stats were supposedly "updated".

Hospitalizations, which has ben one of your "go to" stats for awhile, are at the highest level since the start of the pandemic.

Go try and bullshit someone else.

BTW: Give Kimmy a call and ask her to go visit the WH. TIA

Listen, I get it. Youre probably retired, a little bored on a Wednesday afternoon, and sometimes its fun to be a troll. But c'mon, you have to put in a little effort and be somewhat logical. Did you even look the graph I posted? You cant seriously be asking me to find you 7 consecutive days w/ more total deaths than the past 7, right??? Well, unfortunately for your online rep, I too am bored waiting for my brass to dry so I can start reloading for the next range trip. I took a look and starting April 11th, there have been 173 days where we can total the previous 7 days. Of those 173, only 27 have had fewer deaths than the most recent 7 days. That means 84.4% of past 7 day totals have a higher total than the most recent 7.

If you think hospitalizations have been my waterline stat, I apologize for the confusion. To make my position perfectly clear - I monitor all stats for my own education (total tests, positive test, hospitalization numbers, icu numbers, ventilator numbers and death rates). If I had to have 1 stat that i consider most important, its positivity %. I believe as long as hospitals are able to keep their heads above water, we as a community should be free to live as normally as we choose, and ill NEVER support government limiting individuals and individual businesses rights to operate. I become more resolute in that position the more I see studies and articles like this being published:

Lastly, how is operation "suppress the test" going? I noticed a new Test Iowa location opening at Merle Hay, so seems testing keeps expanding...

Reactions: KFSuperStar
Iowa is not doing well. No matter how you try and sugarcoat it, Positivity rates approaching 20%.

I guess the approach of "I trust Iowans to do the right thing" wasn't the right strategy. Reynolds took the easy route and did nothing. Scattershot closures and no mask mandates.

Kimmy would have been proactive , hopefully, if she was on the ballot in 2020. Instead, ahe's been reactive and I sure hope Iowans remember her incompetence when 2022 rolls around.

Iowa is not doing well. No matter how you try and sugarcoat it, Positivity rates approaching 20%.

I guess the approach of "I trust Iowans to do the right thing" wasn't the right strategy. Reynolds took the easy route and did nothing. Scattershot closures and no mask mandates.

Kimmy would have been proactive , hopefully, if she was on the ballot in 2020. Instead, ahe's been reactive and I sure hope Iowans remember her incompetence when 2022 rolls around.
Approaching 20%? What are you on...? It hasnt been near 20% since early may. We're currently under 8% and trending down after a secondary peak in late August.
Like I said, I know you're a troll, but you can't just pull numbers out of thin air.

Are we going to keep doing the same dance where you make a bogus claim, I prove you wrong, and you disappear for several days, or are you going to show some integrity and admit you're full of crap?

Approaching 20%? What are you on...? It hasnt been near 20% since early may. We're currently under 8% and trending down after a secondary peak in late August.
Like I said, I know you're a troll, but you can't just pull numbers out of thin air.
Wednesday's numbers on positivity was >16%. Hospitalizations at highest level since the start.

Those aren't opinions, they're facts.

Keep defending the Republican responses to the virus. Poliing says the majority of Mericans don't approve.

Better days are ahead, tho.

Wednesday's numbers on positivity was >16%. Hospitalizations at highest level since the start.

Those aren't opinions, they're facts.

Provide the source of your data.

Mine says wednesday was about 8.5% (although I dont like to look at previous day until 10AM at the earliest, so that may change)

And so we are jut going to ignore your completely fabricated claim of most deaths in a seven period, or....are you walking back that now after being thoroughly proven wrong?

Look at this map. Most of the entire state of Iowa is under 10% positivity. Quite a bit even below 7%.
The higher numbers are in Steve King country.

https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/percent-school-district-positive-analysis

Iowa's overall 14 positivity rate is at 8.8% today. Not 16%,
https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/pages/case-counts
I clearly stated the >16% was Wednesday's rate.

The fact that Reynolds has now echoed the WH mantra of "Don't let covid dominate your lives" is disgusting and a pretty weak response to the surging numbers in Iowa.

It would be a pretty safe bet to think Kimmy's concern, or lack thereof, will completely vanish once Trump loses the election. At this point, she's just using the typical GOP talking points. In her mind... she's counting on Iowans forgetting her incompetency when 2022 rolls around.

BTW: At what point do we get to that "flattening the curve" point she's talked about for seven months?

I clearly stated the >16% was Wednesday's rate.

The fact that Reynolds has now echoed the WH mantra of "Don't let covid dominate your lives" is disgusting and a pretty weak response to the surging numbers in Iowa.

It would be a pretty safe bet to think Kimmy's concern, or lack thereof, will completely vanish once Trump loses the election. At this point, she's just using the typical GOP talking points. In her mind... she's counting on Iowans forgetting her incompetency when 2022 rolls around.

BTW: At what point do we get to that "flattening the curve" point she's talked about for seven months?
Again, where is the data that says 16%? No else can find it, so please share.

The curve flattened end of may/early June. Do you not understand how to use statistics?
Why are you ignoring that bogus 7 day death claim you made? Is it about time i make "Mitch's lie & wrong claims bullet point list 2.0" so we can all quickly reference your foolishness?

I like football, but find it nauseating that the schools are cancelling things like music, etc....but by God they gotta have football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT