ADVERTISEMENT

Covid and Iowa high school football.

Wednesday's rate was not 16%. A 14 day average does not move from 16% to 8.8% in a day.

In Johnson County, we have a current rate of 5%. The fact that Sioux County in NW Iowa is at 24% doesn't make one bit of difference in my life and shouldn't affect local decisions. Because a 14 day average of 5% is doing pretty darn good right now.

Reactions: Skidlt
Wednesday's rate was not 16%. A 14 day average does not move from 16% to 8.8% in a day.

In Johnson County, we have a current rate of 5%. The fact that Sioux County in NW Iowa is at 24% doesn't make one bit of difference in my life and shouldn't affect local decisions. Because a 14 day average of 5% is doing pretty darn good right now.
Not only is it pretty good, 5% positivity rate is the threshold the CDC has set as a benchmark for adequate testing numbers thereby making all other metrics in those areas reliable.

Reactions: Skidlt and Pinehawk

You are a ****ing idiot if you think just because it's OK now it won't be down the road. This virus isn't going anywhere mainly because people like you don't take it seriously and only thing about the here and now.

**** you.

You are a ****ing idiot if you think just because it's OK now it won't be down the road. This virus isn't going anywhere mainly because people like you don't take it seriously and only thing about the here and now.

**** you.

You can live in fear of hypothetical situations you create in your mind for as long as you'd like.
I'm pointing out real numbers. Real facts. Not imaginary scenarios.

Why would they hold indoor events? They already are holding volleyball games across Iowa, and much more.
And, they have been for weeks. And, you can look at the numbers and see that in most of Iowa the rates are as low as they have been in a long time.

I was told that the auditions will still happen, and the kids can make all state, but there wont be the concerts at Hilton this year.
So what is the festival in november? (again, a lot of my questions come across as condescending, and sometimes they are, but not in this case)

**** you.
Why are you so hostile and confrontational?
You are right, the virus isnt going anywhere and we need to learn to live with it. Hiding in your basement is not a solution (although I would never advocate the gov't force you to come outisde, unlike many who are fine w/ the govt forcing them to stay in).

Heres an interesting read for you:

Reactions: Skidlt
So what is the festival in november? (again, a lot of my questions come across as condescending, and sometimes they are, but not in this case)

You can get All State for Orchestra, Band or Vocal. In November they normally have a concert at Hilton in Ames. Each All State group performs and kids get recognition.

• Haha
Reactions: EasyHawk
You can get All State for Orchestra, Band or Vocal. In November they normally have a concert at Hilton in Ames. Each All State group performs and kids get recognition.
Well it looks like they need to improve their communication because as an outsider, I would think that festival is still happening based on that site. If its not, I agree its not right sports are happening and arts are not. I would be in support of both happening as opposed to neither though.

I clearly stated the >16% was Wednesday's rate.

The fact that Reynolds has now echoed the WH mantra of "Don't let covid dominate your lives" is disgusting and a pretty weak response to the surging numbers in Iowa.

It would be a pretty safe bet to think Kimmy's concern, or lack thereof, will completely vanish once Trump loses the election. At this point, she's just using the typical GOP talking points. In her mind... she's counting on Iowans forgetting her incompetency when 2022 rolls around.

BTW: At what point do we get to that "flattening the curve" point she's talked about for seven months?
The majority of people already weren't. They didn't need someone telling them that.

The majority of people already weren't. They didn't need someone telling them that.
I was actually making fun of Kimmy "parroting" Trump's words. You know... that ditz whose strings are being pulled by the WH and her political donors

Not if it's true! But is it ok for Trump to call Harris a "monster". You see the hypocrisy?
You missed (ignored) my questions again. Allow me to ask again:

Again, where is the data that says 16%? No one else can find it, so please share.

The curve flattened end of may/early June. Do you not understand how to use statistics?
Why are you ignoring that bogus 7 day death claim you made? Is it about time i make "Mitch's lie & wrong claims bullet point list 2.0" so we can all quickly reference your foolishness?

Not if it's true! But is it ok for Trump to call Harris a "monster". You see the hypocrisy?

What does Trump have to do with it? You called a female a ditz. Stereotypical. Sexist. Your punishment is to read The Daily Caller 20 times and God will forgive you.

What does Trump have to do with it? You called a female a ditz. Stereotypical. Sexist. Your punishment is to read The Daily Caller 20 times and God will forgive you.
Kimmy is the female version of Trump. Iowa's scourge.

She's repeated the ""Don't let Covid dominate your life" remark, word for word.

The only difference in the two is that we can't vote her out of office until 2022. We're getting rid of Turd in less than a month.

BTW: "Ditz/ditzy" isn't sexist. It is used for male or female. MoscowMitch is a ditz.

You missed (ignored) my questions again. Allow me to ask again:

Again, where is the data that says 16%? No one else can find it, so please share.

The curve flattened end of may/early June. Do you not understand how to use statistics?
Why are you ignoring that bogus 7 day death claim you made? Is it about time i make "Mitch's lie & wrong claims bullet point list 2.0" so we can all quickly reference your foolishness?
See Ciggy's thread today. Black and white. You keep posting because you're losing this argument. Iowa is a "RED ZONE" as indicated by the WH task force. The fact that you choose to ignore that doesn't make it go away.

Please save yourself further embarrassment and go away.

The bottom line is the virus in Iowa right now is as bad as any time since March. Dubuque County is another hospital experiencing record cases and admissions. Kimmy tried to make an argument that the virus moved East to West and just now is in NW Iowa. That's just another lie. It never left Eastern Iowa.

Partisans like you just bury your head in the sand and believe everything your dumb Governor tells you. And the big boned girl that is the face of the IDPH is complicit.

See Ciggy's thread today. Black and white. You keep posting because you're losing this argument. Iowa is a "RED ZONE" as indicated by the WH task force. The fact that you choose to ignore that doesn't make it go away.

Please save yourself further embarrassment and go away.

The bottom line is the virus in Iowa right now is as bad as any time since March. Dubuque County is another hospital experiencing record cases and admissions. Kimmy tried to make an argument that the virus moved East to West and just now is in NW Iowa. That's just another lie. It never left Eastern Iowa.

Partisans like you just bury your head in the sand and believe everything your dumb Governor tells you. And the big boned girl that is the face of the IDPH is complicit.
I'm seeing 6.8% on 10/6, 8.2% on 10/7 and 6.0% on 10/8.
Sure seems your 16% number makes you a liar.

Can't find that record 7 day sum of deaths you were trumpeting either, where's that at? Another lie perhaps?

And serious question, do you have problems with reading comprehension or short term retention? I've told you numerous times I'm not in anyway affiliated with the Republican party, so how can I be partisan?

Lastly, did you really resort to fat shaming? Are you a 12 year old girl with her first smart phone?

I'm seeing 6.8% on 10/6, 8.2% on 10/7 and 6.0% on 10/8.
Sure seems your 16% number makes you a liar.

Can't find that record 7 day sum of deaths you were trumpeting either, where's that at? Another lie perhaps?

And serious question, do you have problems with reading comprehension or short term retention? I've told you numerous times I'm not in anyway affiliated with the Republican party, so how can I be partisan?

Lastly, did you really resort to fat shaming? Are you a 12 year old girl with her first smart phone?
Damn, you just refuse to admit when you're wrong.

Damn, you just refuse to admit when you're wrong.
Please, I'm asking, no begging you, show me the data that says we had a 16% statewide positivity rate in the last week. And please show me that 7 day record sum of deaths too. Please.

Which means a majority of Iowa is under 10%. 41 counties are under 8%.
WH taskforce on corona says Iowa is a hotspot. Are they a partisan group?
Iowa will be near or exceed 2,000 deaths by the end of the year. Just Covid deaths, not even taking into consideration the normal flu season. I just don't understand why Kimmy has put her virus response on the back burner? I imagine her motivation is to limit the discussion since it's a winning issue for Dems and a losing one for Republicans(like Aunt Joni who stated the numbers are overstated) seeking reelection.

Reynolds has failed every step of the way. Every step. But with a political Party that has adopted the mantra... "They were going to die, anyway"... I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Friday's update... Another record day for hospitalizations... 461... and a positivity rate of 11.4%. I guess we're well on our way towards Kimmy's goal of making Iowa #1.

Last edited:
WH taskforce on corona says Iowa is a hotspot. Are they a partisan group?
Iowa will be near or exceed 2,000 deaths by the end of the year. Just Covid deaths, not even taking into consideration the normal flu season. I just don't understand why Kimmy has put her virus response on the back burner? I imagine her motivation is to limit the discussion since it's a winning issue for Dems and a losing one for Republicans(like Aunt Joni who stated the numbers are overstated) seeking reelection.

Reynolds has failed every step of the way. Every step. But with a political Party that has adopted the mantra... "They were going to die, anyway"... I guess we shouldn't be surprised.
Are you a robot stuck on repeat? Please show me the numbers that show a 16% positivity rate and/or the record 7 day deaths. It should be very easy, you seemed quite convicted

Are you a robot stuck on repeat? Please show me the numbers that show a 16% positivity rate and/or the record 7 day deaths. It should be very easy, you seemed quite convicted
Once again... read Ciggy's post... which is now on page 2 of this forum.

Your condescending tone makes you look bad. Your self promoted "smartest guy in the room" shtick is getting old.

You need a new hobby.

And as I referenced in a previous post... Thursday was another record day for hospitalizations. But since that comes from the IDPH... the numbers are likely higher than stated.

The White House had Iowa as a 'hot spot' a few weeks ago. Is that still the case? I can't find the latest list.
The numbers are down significantly since then. That was during the spike at the end of August.

The White House had Iowa as a 'hot spot' a few weeks ago. Is that still the case? I can't find the latest list.
The numbers are down significantly since then. That was during the spike at the end of August.
I get most of my info from three media websites... KCCi/WHO/KCRG tv networks. My quotes come from them.

But you are correct... Iowa has been classified as a "hotspot" since late August.

Once again... read Ciggy's post... which is now on page 2 of this forum.

Your condescending tone makes you look bad. Your self promoted "smartest guy in the room" shtick is getting old.

You need a new hobby.

And as I referenced in a previous post... Thursday was another record day for hospitalizations. But since that comes from the IDPH... the numbers are likely higher than stated.
im asking you - its your claim, you substantiate it. Dont hide behind someone else because the claim cant be proven. Thats a cowardly move.

im asking you - its your claim, you substantiate it. Dont hide behind someone else because the claim cant be proven. Thats a cowardly move.
Read that thread. Why should I repost a story that you can easily reference? And stats obtained by news media is now a "claim"?

JFC! No one is buying what you're selling, no matter how many times you say it.

But I imagine you'll continue to spout crap because to admit you were wrong is something you're incapable of.

Now enjoy those Friday nite football games and remember to wear a mask and social distance.

TIA

Read that thread. Why should I repost a story that you can easily reference? And stats obtained by news media is now a "claim"?

JFC! No one is buying what you're selling, no matter how many times you say it.

But I imagine you'll continue to spout crap because to admit you were wrong is something you're incapable of.

Now enjoy those Friday nite football games and remember to wear a mask and social distance.

TIA
Post the source of data. You made a claim (yes, a claim), with no source. Ive said it a dozen times, I would be happy to retract anything non-factual ive said. All you need to do is show me the source of data. It really shouldnt be that difficult.
I have data that shows the past 3 days positivity rate has been no higher than 8%, so im very interested in seeing contradictory data.

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT