ADVERTISEMENT

Covid and Iowa high school football.

Another week in the books, looks like ~98% of teams successfully ended the regular season. Nice to see some teams getting creative and testing themselves by scheduling competitive out-of-state teams (Fremont Mills for example).

@MitchLL youve been shirking your duty to report teams that canceled games, too busy trying to find me the data source to support those 16% positivity rate and highest 7-day death rate claims? ;)

Looks like next week is going to have quite a few non-competitive first round games, hopefully we see a few upsets and make that round worthy of being played.

Another week in the books, looks like ~98% of teams successfully ended the regular season. Nice to see some teams getting creative and testing themselves by scheduling competitive out-of-state teams (Fremont Mills for example).

@MitchLL youve been shirking your duty to report teams that canceled games, too busy trying to find me the data source to support those 16% positivity rate and highest 7-day death rate claims? ;)

Looks like next week is going to have quite a few non-competitive first round games, hopefully we see a few upsets and make that round worthy of being played.

Thank you for posting the week by week updates for teams playing. Mid to high 90s each week. What a complete disaster.

Reactions: Chopper25
Another day, another record for hospitalizations in Iowa. Seventeen more fatalities, also. Heading for 2,000 by New Years Day.

Meanwhile, Kimmy is shaving her privates ahead of Trump's visit to Des Moines.

If and only if both parties were wearing masks. Our school has required masks from day 1. At least they’re educating while IC and DM hid from it instead of tackling it and doing their jobs.
I don't know if you realize how difficult it is to enforce?

Kimmy's problem has been wanting to appear as a leader while passing off the "I trust Iowans..." speel.

Another day, another record for hospitalizations in Iowa. Seventeen more fatalities, also. Heading for 2,000 by New Years Day.

Meanwhile, Kimmy is shaving her privates ahead of Trump's visit to Des Moines.
Way to change the subject. Iowa high school football was an unquestioned success. You're just too stubborn to admit it. LOL

Way to change the subject. Iowa high school football was an unquestioned success. You're just too stubborn to admit it. LOL
Maybe, maybe not. It was still a "don't ask/don't tell" when it came time to check player body temps. You know as well as I do, there were asymptomatic kids playing ball.

Kimmy's problem has been wanting to appear as a leader while passing off the "I trust Iowans..." speel.
Enforce masks in schools? Do they not enforce any rules and regulations at your school? They also wear masks on buses including sports buses.

Iowa is on pace to end 2020 with $300 million surplus. During a pandemic I trust Iowans to get things done.

Reactions: KFSuperStar
Iowa is on pace to end 2020 with $300 million surplus. During a pandemic I trust Iowans to get things done.
Given Kimmy's penchant for "cooking the books", I won't believe that surplus until Rob Sand has had a chance to verify.

Haha you're are a moron.
Truth hurts, huh? Maybe you're not from Iowa, but Sand has uncovered past "shady" bookkeeping practices when Kimmy conspired with Linda Upmeyer to make certain budgets look better than they really were.

Given Kimmy's penchant for "cooking the books", I won't believe that surplus until Rob Sand has had a chance to verify.
You, sir, have gone past "conspiracy theorist" and are now bordering on delusion.

P.S. Still waiting on the source of that 16% claim and the highest 7 day death total. I just checked again, I see a few 10%s, a handful of 9%s, some 8%s, and even an 11.6% in late september, but to find a 16% i need to go back to late August.

Last edited:
You, sir, have gone past "conspiracy theorist" and are now bordering on delusion.

P.S. Still waiting on the source of that 16% claim and the highest 7 day death total. I just checked again, I see a few 10%s, a handful of 9%s, some 8%s, and even an 11.6% in late september, but to find a 16% i need to go back to late August.
Check today's stat line, buddy... New records for LTC outbreaks and also another record high number of hospitaizations. I hope you're intelligent enough to realize the correlation between hospitaizations and eventual death counts?

The current environment in this State is as bad as any time since the start of the pandemic.

I don't expect a quich response because I imagine you're attending the superspreader event tonite in DM.

We may disagree on things, but I sincerely hope you didn't attend.

Check today's stat line, buddy... New records for LTC outbreaks and also another record high number of hospitaizations. I hope you're intelligent enough to realize the correlation between hospitaizations and eventual death counts?

The current environment in this State is as bad as any time since the start of the pandemic.

I don't expect a quich response because I imagine you're attending the superspreader event tonite in DM.

Lol

Until you provide me the data source for your 16% / 7 day record deaths, why dont you refrain from posting?

(Add for the 6th time, im not at all affiliated w/ the republican party, so why would I attend that rally? - Dont answer until you provide the data source for your claims....or just admit you pulled those numbers from the deepest recesses of your posterior)

Until you provide me the data source for your 16% / 7 day record deaths, why dont you refrain from posting?

(Add for the 6th time, im not at all affiliated w/ the republican party, so why would I attend that rally? - Dont answer until you provide the data source for your claims....or just admit you pulled those numbers from the deepest recesses of your posterior)
When I list statistics from a specific day, it's taken from multiple TV news websites. I apologize if it ruins your narrative. When those numbers are posted... they're accurate. I'm not "modifying" or "exaggerating" those figures.

As an aside... no one could possibly say the Iowa numbers are not getting worse by the week. Well... you could say it, but it wouldn't be accurate.

When I list statistics from a specific day, it's taken from multiple TV news websites. I apologize if it ruins your narrative. When those numbers are posted... they're accurate. I'm not "modifying" or "exaggerating" those figures.

As an aside... no one could possibly say the Iowa numbers are not getting worse by the week. Well... you could say it, but it wouldn't be accurate.
So, finally, you are admitting you have no source identifiable source of data for those claims, we agree on that? You are just parroting something you heard on TV and did not and cannot verify?

So, finally, you are admitting you have no source identifiable source of data for those claims, we agree on that? You are just parroting something you heard on TV and did not and cannot verify?
So you're one of these "fake news" folks? Or as your President says... "Don't believe what you see or what you read".

That explains some of your ramblings.

Post a link next time. I can’t believe the news would be that incorrect with numbers they print.

Post a link next time. I can’t believe the news would be that incorrect with numbers they print.
The only incorrect numbers we hear come from the IDPH. Then they blame some random computer "glitch" when caught lying.

So you're one of these "fake news" folks? Or as your President says... "Don't believe what you see or what you read".

That explains some of your ramblings.
For the 7th time. Me = zero republican party affiliation. Has that gotten through your head yet?

And expecting to see the source of data is not akin to "fake news", it's responsible. If you can't legitimize claims, what holds you accountable?

Next time you talk numbers, have the data source, or we'll assume it's a lie, much like the example of 16% / highest 7 day deaths total.

For the 7th time. Me = zero republican party affiliation. Has that gotten through your head yet?

And expecting to see the source of data is not akin to "fake news", it's responsible. If you can't legitimize claims, what holds you accountable?

Next time you talk numbers, have the data source, or we'll assume it's a lie, much like the example of 16% / highest 7 day deaths total.
Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that the IDPH stats are accurate. Can you look at the charts for positive cases, deaths, and LTC outbreaks and honestly say that things are improving in this State?

Because to me... those charts are terribly depressing.

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that the IDPH stats are accurate. Can you look at the charts for positive cases, deaths, and LTC outbreaks and honestly say that things are improving in this State?

[/QUOTE]
Guess what. Playoff games start this week. You should be depressed. Your wanting the season to fail isn't happening any time soon

Reactions: Chopper25

Guess what. Playoff games start this week. You should be depressed. Your wanting the season to fail isn't happening any time soon
[/QUOTE]
Of course they're playing... Kimmy basically threw away any guidelines for quarantines.

And as another poster mentioned yesterday... there's lot's of peer pressure to keep quiet if an athlete isn't feeling well.

BTW: I'm done posting for tonite... I'm enjoying watching the Dodgers ger their asses kicked. Then I'm going to rewatch the Greenfield/Aunt Joni debate.

Of course they're playing... Kimmy basically threw away any guidelines for quarantines.

And as another poster mentioned yesterday... there's lot's of peer pressure to keep quiet if an athlete isn't feeling well.

BTW: I'm done posting for tonite... I'm enjoying watching the Dodgers ger their asses kicked. Then I'm going to rewatch the Greenfield/Aunt Joni debate.
[/QUOTE]
Keep making excuses. It must be quite the life to be so consumed with hatred towards a politician you want everything to fail to spite her. More pathetic I would say.

of course they depress you, youre a doomsdayer. But since you asked, yes, % positive trend continues to remain flat and marginally drop.

If you would like to check my claim vs a data source, just scroll down, and click the "download" button on the graphs for "individuals tested" and "indivduals positive". That will give you the raw data source by day for each. Just divide positives by tests for each day.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT