ADVERTISEMENT

Covid and Iowa high school football.

Enforce masks in schools? Do they not enforce any rules and regulations at your school? They also wear masks on buses including sports buses.
Whether it is right or wrong, the school where I teach has only a handful of students/staff that wear masks. No shields. We haven't had a single case this year yet.

New WH virus taskforce info with the same patterns... Iowa still listed as a "hotzone" and one of 29 States trending up.

But hey... the Iowa Governor is too busy tossing out MAGA hats. Oh, and campaigning for Aunt Joni !!!

@MitchLL anyone miss the first round of playoffs? I know a few 8man teams forfeited the rest of season due to small rosters and injuries, and a couple more played a sanctioned scrimmage, but didnt want to play top seeds for similar reasons.

@MitchLL anyone miss the first round of playoffs? I know a few 8man teams forfeited the rest of season due to small rosters and injuries, and a couple more played a sanctioned scrimmage, but didnt want to play top seeds for similar reasons.
Two 11 man teams forfeited on Friday. Pretty good for 200 teams or so.

As far as officials (me), I haven’t heard of anyone going down or I should say no games being cancelled because the crew had to cancel.

Been a pretty successful season honestly. Still awaiting instruction for basketball.

Football still being played and successful.
Successful in that games are being played...yep.

Successful in likely spreading the virus...yep.

But hey... it's an election year, so the Governor doesn't care.

Successful in exposing idiots that type messages like the above...yep.
When you understand how the virus response was political from the start, all this will make more sense to you.

Until that happens, I can expect more gibberish from folks like you. The crowd that expects every Merican to just go about their normal activities like corona never existed simply doesn't understand the potential for long term damage. And no one truly knows what those long term health effects could be.

This response was mucked up from the beginning.

• Haha
Reactions: TJHall1
Successful in likely spreading the virus...yep.
I already know the answer to this but Ill ask anyway just so we can have another record of your buffoonery. Do you have any data that says school sports spread the virus?

I have this that says the fears of schools being super spreaders has been unfounded:

I already know the answer to this but Ill ask anyway just so we can have another record of your buffoonery. Do you have any data that says school sports spread the virus?

I have this that says the fears of schools being super spreaders has been unfounded:
If you don't think schools can be super spreaders, why did Kimmy and the BOE relax all their substitute teacher guidelines? You know, the ones that pertained to finding replacements for educators and staff that didn't want to be surrounded by asymptomatic individuals.

Red State leaders have been pressured and caved.

If you don't think schools can be super spreaders, why did Kimmy and the BOE relax all their substitute teacher guidelines? You know, the ones that pertained to finding replacements for educators and staff that didn't want to be surrounded by asymptomatic individuals.

Irrational fear seems like the obvious answer.

Its not what I "think", its what the data currently says to be true. What you or I "think" its absolutely useless. Why do you have such of a vendetta against data?

Its not what I "think", its what the data currently says to be true. What you or I "think" its absolutely useless. Why do you have such of a vendetta against data?
Because the IDPH and even the CDC, to an extent, have been manipulated by political pressure.

When caught lying... it's a "glitch".

Because the IDPH and even the CDC, to an extent, have been manipulated by political pressure.

When caught lying... it's a "glitch".

So the frightening data is all true, the less frightening data is all false. Do you have any idea how irrational you sound on this subject?

You made a claim that high school football is spreading the virus. Do you have anything to support this?

So the frightening data is all true, the less frightening data is all false. Do you have any idea how irrational you sound on this subject?

You made a claim that high school football is spreading the virus. Do you have anything to support this?
If you're newer to this thread, yes, about 5 or 6 weeks back hey actually said any positive numbers we can't trust, but all negative numbers are to be believed - even if they come from the same data source.
He's yet to provide any source of data he deems reliable. As you have seen, he discounts IDPH and CDC data, but also WHO and even Johns Hopkins. Truly irrational.

The truth is we don't know, completely, how the virus spreads. Hell, they've even been adding symptoms that could somehow be related.

The sad truth is that political influences have made everyone skeptical.

It must be hell to hate someone so much you want everything to fail.
Reynolds is scum. That is all.

My wife and daughter have both had dealings with her in some form in the past. Neither was impressed by her.

My opinions about Kimmy aren't just some random political view. But her handling of the pandemic has only reinforced what I thought previously. But I admit... some people think she's done a good job. I just happen to disagree. People are certainly entitled to their POV.

You forgot to post your link like he did.

Reynolds is scum. That is all.

My wife and daughter have both had dealings with her in some form in the past. Neither was impressed by her.

My opinions about Kimmy aren't just some random political view. But her handling of the pandemic has only reinforced what I thought previously. But I admit... some people think she's done a good job. I just happen to disagree. People are certainly entitled to their POV.
I'm not a fan of Reynolds either. Doesnt mean I want high school football to fail to make her look bad.

Reactions: Pinehawk
About Red State leaders? Look at the Covid map. Just imagine if States like Iowa/SD/ND/NE/WY/MO had any population density?
Oh, I thought he asked if you had data showing schools being "super spreaders".

Such a scary phrase super spreader is, which is a term you used a few posts up. Fear kills too.

About Red State leaders? Look at the Covid map. Just imagine if States like Iowa/SD/ND/NE/WY/MO had any population density?

No, about any data that schools have been super spreaders.

If you want to talk about red state leaders, lets remember you thought the Ohio governor was doing better than Reynolds despite equal death rates and much higher unemployment. That was funny...

Oh, I thought he asked if you had data showing schools being "super spreaders".

Such a scary phrase super spreader is, which is a term you used a few posts up. Fear kills too.
No.

I'm still pissed that certain people in D.C. and Des Moines didn't take it more seriously last winter/spring. But I suspect if this was 2017/2018, things would have been handled differently. Hell, if this happened at the beginning of a Trump second term... even less would have been done.

No, about any data that schools have been super spreaders.

If you want to talk about red state leaders, lets remember you thought the Ohio governor was doing better than Reynolds despite equal death rates and much higher unemployment. That was funny...
You're confused again. That reference to DeWine was that he didn't take orders from the WH. That was the comparison to Kimmy.

You're confused again. That reference to DeWine was that he didn't take orders from the WH. That was the comparison to Kimmy.
you literally said, "The Ohio Governor puts Kimmy to shame ". When pressed on which metrics you make that claim, you of course didnt have anything. So lets ask, again. Same death rates, one state has much lower unemployment rate - which is better?

Curious how a few of the extremists here would rationalize the email from the New York Times this morning - even they cant help but be a bit optimistic.

that really sucks for those kids - was it a team or state decision to not have a makeup game? If its a state decision, is there a round where they will opt to play at a later date?
You can't do makeup games at a later date because it would be a big disadvantage for the winning team having less recuperation time before the next round.

It's like the baseball/softball post season... you can't compete, for whatever reason, you essentially forfeit.

It's a State Assn decision.

You can't do makeup games at a later date because it would be a big disadvantage for the winning team having less recuperation time before the next round.

It's like the baseball/softball post season... you can't compete, for whatever reason, you essentially forfeit.

It's a State Assn decision.
The competitive advantage is negligible, I'm more curious how long that will be policy - through quarters? Semis? Definitely can't imagine awarding the championship by default.

The competitive advantage is negligible, I'm more curious how long that will be policy - through quarters? Semis? Definitely can't imagine awarding the championship by default.
I expect that policy will be through the entire tourney, just like baseball/softball was. And this is where you run the risk of no self reporting of symptoms.

For those who follow Iowa High School football closely, keep your eyes on the news. If what I was just told is accurate, there will be a playoff team prominently impacted by COVID.

ADVERTISEMENT