ADVERTISEMENT

COVID BA.5 Takes Over In US - This Is NOT Trivial

I'm guessing that everyone in ihhawks office has sick or vacation days. ihhawk seems to have an office of "tough" guys.
We need people to show up to work and work. We can’t have people staying at home. It’s not about being tough.
Every office has the folks that are sick all the time. Those people have been “the exposed” so much that they basically are never at work. When that happens the rest of us have to do their jobs so we can keep things moving.
So yes, if I have a running nose I use a Kleenex and keep working

Maybe all the "healthcare professionals" are getting regular vaccine boosters.
There’s a vaccine for the new variants? And it 100% prevents you from getting and spreading covid? I’m mean if these are practicing physicians I’m a little surprised.

There’s a vaccine for the new variants? And it 100% prevents you from getting and spreading covid? I’m mean if these are practicing physicians I’m a little surprised.

There is a vaccine for new variants... no vaccine is 100%... but between being vaccinated and RAT one can keep risks at a minimum

seriously. I wouldn’t go to work if I just had a cold, why would you go to work if you are sick?

Before WFH was a thing and employers eliminated sick time and had rolled it into a general PTO bucket, there was nothing that was going to keep me out of the office. My vacation time was going to be used for something that I enjoyed

I'm guessing that everyone in ihhawks office has sick or vacation days. ihhawk seems to have an office of "tough" guys.

I don't care about the people in his office.

There are people in every day business that are going to work with covid/flu.

There are people in every day business that are going to work with covid/flu.
Last large company I worked at encouraged people to stay home if they were sick.

Now, with Zoom/Teams, many at that company stay home when they are healthy, and only go in to the office a few days a week when needed.

Last large company I worked at encouraged people to stay home if they were sick.

Now, with Zoom/Teams, many at that company stay home when they are healthy, and only go in to the office a few days a week when needed.

That's great Joe.

Gas Stations
Restaurants
Walgreens/CVS
Target/Walmart

Those people do not have that option, and are a vital part of our society.

If you don't think these people are going to work sick, you're fooling yourself.

I was just at a concert. The tickets I had required a rapid test. No way I can know every test result...but everyone I was talking to and saw outside was negative...and many of those people had been to multiple shows in multiple cities.

Before WFH was a thing and employers eliminated sick time and had rolled it into a general PTO bucket, there was nothing that was going to keep me out of the office. My vacation time was going to be used for something that I enjoyed

I love sick days but I also get unlimited sick days.

Sure, there are a lot of people who go to work to try and prove that they are "tough"

BUT

There are probably a lot more people who go to work sick because they can't afford to take a day off work.

definitely some people can’t afford to miss work and I get that but just about anyone with an office job gets paid sick days.

But that's actually even worse with an infectious disease, that increases claims for many many more people.

Probably didn't think about that before posting this, did you?
Illnesses are a blip. Heart disease from poor health choices are a lifetime (albeit typically a shorter lifetime)

Then you would be wrong, very wrong.

But you will never admit that.
Your posting history indicates otherwise.

You've NEVER supported a "liberal" candidate who pushed for universal employment leave.
If I'm wrong, then link one of your past posts on that topic.

Your posting history indicates otherwise.

You've NEVER supported a "liberal" candidate who pushed for universal employment leave.
If I'm wrong, then link one of your past posts on that topic.

Jesus Joe, I am not like you, I don't discuss every topic on here.

I have said many many times that I will be voting for Democrats for the foreseeable future.

That's great Joe.

Gas Stations
Restaurants
Walgreens/CVS
Target/Walmart

Those people do not have that option, and are a vital part of our society.

If you don't think these people are going to work sick, you're fooling yourself.
It's Joe, he's constantly fooling himself

Reactions: hawkeye54545
That's great Joe.

Gas Stations
Restaurants
Walgreens/CVS
Target/Walmart

Those people do not have that option

Sure they do.

Employers can provide and require N95 masks for them.
And, the funny thing is, if YOU mask up YOU protect THEM from getting sick, too!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
So, you haven't supported it.
Not even one post on "unions" to get their employees fair medical leave rights?

Just.One

Look through my posting history, I am not going to do it.

Again, just because I haven't talked about a subject on here doesn't mean I don't support it.

Here is a f*cking hint.

I DO SUPPORT FAIR MEDICAL LEAVE.
IS THAT ANY CLEARER FOR YOUR THICK SKULL?

I'm done talking you.

Again, just because I haven't talked about a subject on here doesn't mean I don't support it.

Here is a f*cking hint.

I DO SUPPORT FAIR MEDICAL LEAVE.
IS THAT ANY CLEARER FOR YOUR THICK SKULL?

I'm done talking you.
No it isn’t. He is right and you are wrong even if you spell it out in all caps.

Ergo: you've never supported it

You could change that, by supporting it (and perhaps union organizing) in future threads.
Let's sit back and see what happens!!!!

No it isn’t. He is right and you are wrong

He cannot produce one iota of evidence to the contrary.
So, I'll go with "what's actually been posted" here, over any claims he's going to make, when he's clearly pushing rightwing positions in this thread.

• Haha
Ergo: you've never supported it

You could change that, by supporting it (and perhaps union organizing) in future threads.
Let's sit back and see what happens!!!!

It's your theory that because I don't have a post in HROT supporting it, that it's just impossible for me to support it?

So, I'll go with "what's actually been posted" here, over any claims he's going to make, when he's clearly pushing rightwing positions in this thread.

Where?

It's your theory that because I don't have a post in HROT supporting it, that it's just impossible for me to support it?

My "theory" is that you're posting about how "certain workers cannot get paid leave" to stay home when they are sick.

And that the next time a bill to provide that type of universal coverage comes up, you will either fully abstain from posting about it, or you will side with Republicans who will fight it.

You shouldn't be bitching about this here in this thread, if you're not going to support workplace rules that would mandate it and thus make it "moot".

• Sad
My "theory" is that you're posting about how "certain workers cannot get paid leave" to stay home when they are sick.

And that the next time a bill to provide that type of universal coverage comes up, you will either fully abstain from posting about it, or you will side with Republicans who will fight it.

You shouldn't be bitching about this here in this thread, if you're not going to support workplace rules that would mandate it and thus make it "moot".

You're just making up shit about me and what I believe.

Get f*cked

Does everyone in your office live alone? By downplaying the virus you put others in your office, family members, and the general public at risk. If you're a person who doesn't care about others, then I would expect you to do exactly what you did.
Our large company in central Iowa does the same thing. Fully back in, big meeting rooms full and auditorium sometimes, everyone traveling like normal. No masking ever and many people in with “colds or allergies.” Very few rest but if sick enough or lose taste or smell some do and are confirmed positive. One coworker and her 2 year old just got it for the third time each and she was home this week but working. All I have heard of are cold symptoms.

“I DO SUPPORT FAIR MEDICAL LEAVE.
IS THAT ANY CLEARER FOR YOUR THICK SKULL?”

This is literally right above your post haha. You truly are a psychopath that needs to be right all the time.

We need people to show up to work and work. We can’t have people staying at home. It’s not about being tough.
Every office has the folks that are sick all the time. Those people have been “the exposed” so much that they basically are never at work. When that happens the rest of us have to do their jobs so we can keep things moving.
So yes, if I have a running nose I use a Kleenex and keep working

You seem to deal in extremes. If someone is home sick it doesn’t mean they are always sick. Have a little grey in your life.

ADVERTISEMENT