Greece .528
Ireland .527
Canada .477
Denmark .311
Finland .111
Iceland .085

• Wow
Reactions: h-hawk
Germany is really taking off death wise, so I'd expect their numbers to jump a bit.

Belgium, Italy and the UK all rank in the top 22 for population density, US is at 79. Not arguing, just stating a fact.

Belgium, Italy and the UK all rank in the top 22 for population density, US is at 79. Not arguing, just stating a fact.

Yeah, I was going to lookup population density, but was too lazy.

Not completely sure how to use it, though, since some places like Iceland are effectively much more tightly populated than their figures would suggest. Canada is probably the same way. Probably some effective density measure that takes into account percentage of population that's actually living in tightly populated conditions.

UK and Italy are certainly more tightly populated than the US.

Not completely sure how to use it, though, since some places like Iceland are effectively much more tightly populated than their figures would suggest. Canada is probably the same way. Probably some effective density measure that takes into account percentage of population that's actually living in tightly populated conditions.

Haha, I was going to look up the top ten and became too lazy as well.

Good point. And the Dakotas have high case/death rates per 100,000 people yet have very low population density.

Good point. And the Dakotas have high case/death rates per 100,000 people yet have very low population density.

Italy population density is 532/square mile and covid deaths at 1,327 per million.

North Dakota has a population density of 9.7/per square mile and 1,816 covid deaths per million.

The population density factor means little because the population is not really spread out - there's just a lot of land where nobody lives. Mexico has a low population density (171/ sq. mile) but everyone lives on top of each other - (Mexico City has 16,500 per square mile).

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Italy population density is 532/square mile and covid deaths at 1,327 per million.

North Dakota has a population density of 9.7/per square mile and 1,816 covid deaths per million.

The population density factor means little because the population is not really spread out - there's just a lot of land where nobody lives. Mexico has a low population density (171/ sq. mile) but everyone lives on top of each other - (Mexico City has 16,500 per square mile).

I agree high country population density doesn’t always equate to high Covid cases. I would say it is a variable along with socioeconomics, average age and how a country/state deal with the virus along with many other things.

ADVERTISEMENT