ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Is A Part Of Life Now

Mar 14, 2003
Remember that folks. We can’t stop it and there is no guarantee with a vaccine. Coronaviruses are notoriously difficult to develop vaccines for. What we can guarantee is we don’t tank the economy, people’s ways of life, we don’t lead to more mental health issues. Do the best we can, manage it the best we can, maybe some treatments here or here pop up.

Remember that folks. We can’t stop it and there is no guarantee with a vaccine. Coronaviruses are notoriously difficult to develop vaccines for. What we can guarantee is we don’t tank the economy, people’s ways of life, we don’t lead to more mental health issues. Do the best we can, manage it the best we can, maybe some treatments here or here pop up.

Its never been about if we will live through it, its about how. If people wore masks and social distanced, we could have much less infections (and inherently less deaths). If people don't wear masks and socially distance, then we will everywhere what is happening in Texas, Arizona, and Florida.

COVID is a way of life because OP and his ilk don’t believe COVID is dangerous, won’t wear a mask because of freedom, and decided to give up the fight because they got bored staying home for 3 months.

And thus we are where we are with 5% of the world population, 25% of the cases, and the number of cases going back up significantly.

I’ve given up hoping we could really knock it down, that time has passed. Wear a mask and social distance when appropriate. I’m hopeful that if enough of us do our part we can still mitigate the damage to some degree. It’s not that difficult.

And to the Karens and Todds, GFY!

Reactions: Tom Paris
He’s right about it’s “just part of life”

mask up especially in public and enclosed space.

live your life

The economy will be tanked. There is no way around that.

I know you might look at the stock market and think it is not. The market has proved in a Q4 or 21 Q1 vaccine. When people realize that isnt coming they will start to look at reality and not hope. Economic indicators shows a dire situation.

Our structural consumer economy will collapse with little hospitality activity. Restaurants, hotels, airlines, real estate. When hope turns to reality there will be massive panic.

Reactions: dgordo
Its never been about if we will live through it, its about how. If people wore masks and social distanced, we could have much less infections (and inherently less deaths). If people don't wear masks and socially distance, then we will everywhere what is happening in Texas, Arizona, and Florida.
If it's not about living through it, then what is the big deal?

The ironic thing is that if we had a President who wasn't a selfish pussy, we could have been united against the virus. The economy would still have shut down, but almost certainly for not as long as it will be with this unfocused response. An uniform national response would probably have prevented the periodic huge outbreaks that will continue to shut things down off and on into the foreseeable future. Trump is sacrificing lives so he can blame whatever goes wrong on the Governors. Just think about that.

Reactions: Im4Iowa and Tunadog

So just 'live with it'?

keep-calm-and-just-live-with-it.png

Don't worry. Everything will be awesome if Biden wins in November. By January the virus will have disappeared.

What is the trump plan for covid? Can you catch stupid as the republicans have? Is catchin the stupid virus as bad as covid-19? i think it is.

1. it didn't come from a person eating a bat in China
2. China could have done SIGNIFICANTLY more to prevent the spread from the genesis. And they didn't. and they lied. and they continue to lie. And yet they are not catching much blame.
3. if you are a person so scared of dying that you fail to live for today well....I can't help you.

The ironic thing is that if we had a President who wasn't a selfish pussy, we could have been united against the virus. The economy would still have shut down, but almost certainly for not as long as it will be with this unfocused response. An uniform national response would probably have prevented the periodic huge outbreaks that will continue to shut things down off and on into the foreseeable future. Trump is sacrificing lives so he can blame whatever goes wrong on the Governors. Just think about that.
The red necks and lardasses would have listened ?

um no. No matter who sits in the White House.

this country is extremely obese.

Reactions: haw-key
The red necks and lardasses would have listened ?

um no. No matter who sits in the White House.

this country is extremely obese.

Amen. This is the real story of this pandemic. The reason that the US death rates have been so high, as compared to European and Asian countries has far more to with our country’s obesity, diabetes and hypertension epidemic than the actions or inactions of the President we have. Honestly. I would show you my hospitals numbers of the average BMI of survivors vs deaths and it is clearly a MAJOR factor, but I can’t, I don’t think I have permission to do so. Just a theory.

I’d love to see someone do a real statistical analysis and publish it.

You really think the country would be “united”?

Partisan politics is always going to come into play, no matter who the president is. And the American people would still be acting/reacting the same. The chances of a uniform national response from the selfish, self-centered people of this country is almost nil.

Amen. This is the real story of this pandemic. The reason that the US death rates have been so high, as compared to European and Asian countries has far more to with our country’s obesity, diabetes and hypertension epidemic than the actions or inactions of the President we have. Honestly. I would show you my hospitals numbers of the average BMI of survivors vs deaths and it is clearly a MAJOR factor, but I can’t, I don’t think I have permission to do so. Just a theory.

It would be fascinating to have access to medical records of people diagnosed with COVID, severity, who recovered, who didn’t, etc and really try to nail down the risk factors.
We’re seeing more detail, but I bet that as the sample size grows you could refine who’s truly at risk (obviously with some outliers).

United States is a large country in terms of geography and also wealthy. Everybody drives.

I have heard 60-70 percent of Americans are overweight.

that’s the problem.

i am almost to the point where medical care is denied if losing weight would solve problem. We enable people with drugs.

Reactions: Rudolph
It would be fascinating to have access to medical records of people diagnosed with COVID, severity, who recovered, who didn’t, etc and really try to nail down the risk factors.
We’re seeing more detail, but I bet that as the sample size grows you could refine who’s truly at risk (obviously with some outliers).
Yes. We get no real info. Would love each hospital to report age if each Covid patients and say if they are overweight and if clinically obese.

The economy will be tanked. There is no way around that.

I know you might look at the stock market and think it is not. The market has proved in a Q4 or 21 Q1 vaccine. When people realize that isnt coming they will start to look at reality and not hope. Economic indicators shows a dire situation.

Our structural consumer economy will collapse with little hospitality activity. Restaurants, hotels, airlines, real estate. When hope turns to reality there will be massive panic.

I agree with this, I think many industries will be forever changed. There will be very few bars or sit down restaurants that survive the next few years, I would almost guarantee we see at least one major airline fold. I can’t imagine we will see fans at any sporting events for the next several years, virtual learning is likely to become the new norm. Like you mentioned a real estate crisis is very much in play too.

I am sure this is a major factor and we are paying the price for our fast food loving, tv watching society.

Having said that, those factors make it even more critical that we as a society adhere to mask wearing and social distancing protocols. The fact that we don’t does not bode well for our economy, our collective health or me watching an Iowa football game this fall.

Reactions: SpyderHawk

134,000 dead Americans.

COVID is a way of life because OP and his ilk don’t believe COVID is dangerous, won’t wear a mask because of freedom, and decided to give up the fight because they got bored staying home for 3 months.

And thus we are where we are with 5% of the world population, 25% of the cases, and the number of cases going back up significantly.
Is the op a liberal college student going to bars and riots?

This isn't a chronic disease that you "just have to learn to live with". It can kill you and anybody you come into contact with. And increasingly, it looks like getting sick with it once does not make you permanently immune to it.

Reactions: hawkosx
This isn't a chronic disease that you "just have to learn to live with". It can kill you and anybody you come into contact with. And increasingly, it looks like getting sick with it once does not make you permanently immune to it.
Of course a huge majority won’t even have symptoms, let alone require medical attention.

Of course a huge majority won’t even have symptoms, let alone require medical attention.

First, there isn't enough data to confirm that statement. Second, so f**k those other people. Nevermind the increasingly large number of people whose lives will be permanently alterd due to long term post COVID affects. It's a good thing health care is just a priveledge for rich people in this country.

How Trumpian.

Of course a huge majority won’t even have symptoms

Not a "huge majority".

And a growing number that never had symptoms are incurring late-term morbidities from it, including lung damage, kidney damage, joint pain (from inflammatory reactions) and cognitive brain function impairment.

Antsy People: OPEN THE ECONOMY! PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY AND FREEDOM!

Also Antsy People: I'M NOT WEARING A GODDAMNED MASK. I DON'T CARE WHO IT PROTECTS! THEY'RE HOT!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT