ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Kim announces water quality investment

Sounds good...

What gives @Chishawk1425? Never took you for a Reynolds fan.

I think the issue is where the funds are coming from for these projects. I guess these don’t count as “blue-state bailouts” - language that she has used to raise campaign funds. Or, maybe Iowa has become a blue state that needs a bailout?

The money comes from the Water Infrastructure Fund (WIF), a state program financed through Iowa’s allocation of Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The law was signed by President Joe Biden in March 2021.

I think the issue is where the funds are coming from for these projects. I guess these don’t count as “blue-state bailouts” - language that she has used to raise campaign funds. Or, maybe Iowa has become a blue state that needs a bailout?

The money comes from the Water Infrastructure Fund (WIF), a state program financed through Iowa’s allocation of Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The law was signed by President Joe Biden in March 2021.
Thank you

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

The American Rescue Plan Act was passed by Democrats, but we’re all paying for it with our federal taxes. She’s doing a good thing with this money and she doesn’t seem to be claiming personal credit for it.

Are you guys just going to be perpetually pissed off by absolutely every single thing Reynolds does?

The American Rescue Plan Act was passed by Democrats, but we’re all paying for it with our federal taxes. She’s doing a good thing with this money and she doesn’t seem to be claiming personal credit for it.

Are you guys just going to be perpetually pissed off by absolutely every single thing Reynolds does?

Of course they are.

Reactions: timinatoria

No way...chis has a crush on Kim.

In an ad that Reynolds used to raise campaign funds, she called the American Rescue Plan Act an “overarching, unconstitutional stimulus bill that does nothing but bail out blue states.”

So….yeah….I’m going to take issue with the hypocrisy.

This is what I was going to point out. This is a great program, and will actually benefit water quality in Iowa.
But, this money is from Covid Recovery Funds. And, that is the only reason it is happening, not due to any investment that Reynolds decided to make. She is just trying to take credit for it.

In an ad that Reynolds used to raise campaign funds, she called the American Rescue Plan Act an “overarching, unconstitutional stimulus bill that does nothing but bail out blue states.”

Given her opposition, are you suggesting she should have given the money back? Given the bill passed & Iowa was allocated funds....What SHOULD she have done with the money???

Given her opposition, are you suggesting she should have given the money back? Given the bill passed & Iowa was allocated funds....What SHOULD she have done with the money???
She returned a bunch of COVID money to the federal gov because she didn’t believe the state needed it….might as well do the same with this…

She returned a bunch of COVID money to the federal gov because she didn’t believe the state needed it….might as well do the same with this…
I remember a whole bunch of you that freaked out when she did that.

Now you're freaking out when she does it the other way.

Weird. It's almost like she can't win & you're going to hate her either way...

Of course they are.
No, but I do expect a proper thank you.
I also would like her to get off her ass and move on the 5/8 a cent sales tax investment Iowans requested, but has been blocked by the GOP. I’d also like her to acknowledge the easiest thing to do as far as water quality is to stop putting so much pig shit into our water in the first place.

Well if they’re handing out money, use it.

I remember a whole bunch of you that freaked out when she did that.

Now you're freaking out when she does it the other way.

Weird. It's almost like she can't win & you're going to hate her either way...
"I, as Governor have spearheaded our use of funds from the federal government to do XYZ thing" done. No issues from anyone. She's disingenuous with her framing of the message and you know that.

Reactions: Huey Grey
I mean $38 million is a drop in the bucket for water quality in Iowa, especially considering that $15 million of that for central Iowa is for water recreation, not quality.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
It’s coming from all of us. Democrats passed the bill and Republicans tried to stop it, but all of us are paying for it and will be paying for it for many years to come. Don’t pretend this is some sort of gift from Uncle Joe.
Odd spin

You said you wanted her to be honest about where the money is coming from.

The money is coming from all of us. Everyone who pays taxes to the federal government is paying for it.
Never change, TJ. Don’t you ever change.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
LOL her and Hinson have some serious guts….the hypocrisy is breathtaking.
Curious... you can't disagree with something but utilize it to benefit your constituents? Do you even politics? The comments in this thread are dumb as if no one has ever followed how political agents have acted the last 100 years. But I know you all would be jerking off to sears magazines in the closet if not for this breaking news. you all need to look in the mirror more than any politician...d or r.

Never change, TJ. Don’t you ever change.
Am I wrong? Are we not all pitching in here?

Huey said he wants Kim to be honest about where the money is coming from. So let’s be honest about where the money is coming from. It’s not coming from Uncle Joe and it’s not coming from Aunt Nancy. It’s coming from all of our pockets. Democrats passed the bill but they’re not picking up the check alone. Biden isn’t Santa Claus.

Every one of us is paying for the American Rescue Plan Act whether we supported it or not.

Reactions: TylerJ76
If I’m already paying for it, I don’t even notice.
So, I’m glad some of it is finally going towards improving Iowa’s water quality.

Reactions: JMSBFD
Am I wrong? Are we not all pitching in here?

Huey said he wants Kim to be honest about where the money is coming from. So let’s be honest about where the money is coming from. It’s not coming from Uncle Joe and it’s not coming from Aunt Nancy. It’s coming from all of our pockets. Democrats passed the bill but they’re not picking up the check alone. Biden isn’t Santa Claus.

Every one of us is paying for the American Rescue Plan Act whether we supported it or not.
You keep using this line but it's still dishonest. Of course it comes from taxpayers. But it was also opposed by Republicans. The last part is where the dishonesty comes in.

ADVERTISEMENT