ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Kim announces water quality investment

Am I wrong? Are we not all pitching in here?

Huey said he wants Kim to be honest about where the money is coming from. So let’s be honest about where the money is coming from. It’s not coming from Uncle Joe and it’s not coming from Aunt Nancy. It’s coming from all of our pockets. Democrats passed the bill but they’re not picking up the check alone. Biden isn’t Santa Claus.

Every one of us is paying for the American Rescue Plan Act whether we supported it or not.

Was it the taxpayers that paid the bill when she sent COVID Relief Funds back to Washington previously? Why keep some and not others? Again, Reynolds just needs to have some consistency.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Fiscally sound.

Great job Kim!!!!
But why stop at these grants? Why not use some of our surplus to make water even better? We could throw quite a lot of money at water quality to finally get our water out of being a basement dweller. Why are we solely dependent on Democrats outside this state to pass funding to clean up our own water?

You keep using this line but it's still dishonest. Of course it comes from taxpayers. But it was also opposed by Republicans. The last part is where the dishonesty comes in.
So, by extending this logic, if Reynolds needs to directly give Biden credit for this allocation of funds, Biden should be forcefully apologizing for all the inflation the $1.9T of money printing has caused.

So much dishonesty.

But why stop at these grants? Why not use some of our surplus to make water even better? We could throw quite a lot of money at water quality to finally get our water out of being a basement dweller. Why are we solely dependent on Democrats outside this state to pass funding to clean up our own water?
And, despite being a state with livestock and ag chemicals, the first link I looked at ranked our water quality as 27th. Seems pretty good, given our context.

So, by extending this logic, if Reynolds needs to directly give Biden credit for this allocation of funds, Biden should be forcefully apologizing for all the inflation the $1.9T of money printing has caused.

So much dishonesty.
This is another issue. My point is why are we sitting on a massive surplus but totally reliant on Democrats from Washington to help? It's like having a sewage backup in your house, you have the money to call a plumber, but you insist on waiting for your Christmas bonus to fix it. It makes no sense to me.

Imagine thinking the 'Covid Kim' moniker was funny or insightful.
It's not funny or insightful, but neither is the reason people call her that. Unfortunately, name calling is where our politics has devolved to.

Also, trying to take credit for legislation you actively opposed would be funny, if so many people didn't see the irony of it.

And, despite being a state with livestock and ag chemicals, the first link I looked at ranked our water quality as 27th. Seems pretty good, given our context.
This is another frustration I have. 27 is still in the bottom half. When did we get to the point where the bottom half is seen as good?

Also, trying to take credit for legislation you actively opposed would be funny, if so many people didn't see the irony of it.
Yeah, I mean, the reason people call her that is unsupportable by the stats or data surrounding Covid, but I’m sure it feels like she’s done a poor job.

Iowa plants roughly 50% more acres of corn and beans than Minnesota. It has more cattle and pigs. Despite being 2/3 the size.

Was it the taxpayers that paid the bill when she sent COVID Relief Funds back to Washington previously? Why keep some and not others? Again, Reynolds just needs to have some consistency.
My understanding is that she returned that money because it could only be used for testing in schools and she decided Iowa already had ample capacity for testing. I don’t know if that’s true or not, but that makes it a different scenario from the clean water issue.

Last edited:
You keep using this line but it's still dishonest. Of course it comes from taxpayers. But it was also opposed by Republicans. The last part is where the dishonesty comes in.
It’s not dishonest at all. What’s dishonest is acting like Democrats deserve all the credit because they passed the bill. Passing the bill is just a small part of the equation. You have to actually pay for all of this stuff, and that’s where everyone is required to step up to the plate.

If you want all the credit for America Rescue and the infrastructure bill then pay for all of it. Do you want to pay my tax bill for me? As long as we’re paying half, we get at least some credit for it.

Everyone is paying for these bills, whether they supported them or not.

Am I wrong? Are we not all pitching in here?

Huey said he wants Kim to be honest about where the money is coming from. So let’s be honest about where the money is coming from. It’s not coming from Uncle Joe and it’s not coming from Aunt Nancy. It’s coming from all of our pockets. Democrats passed the bill but they’re not picking up the check alone. Biden isn’t Santa Claus.

Every one of us is paying for the American Rescue Plan Act whether we supported it or not.
How often do you go back through a thread and realize you don’t know who you are supposedly arguing with anymore, and what point you thought you were making? Or, realize you are screaming yourself blue in the face about the apple in your hand while everyone else is discussing the orange in their hand?

Reactions: Crafty Beaver
This. Derogatory nicknames and general hostility from both sides is boorish and annoying. Every time I hear “Let’s go Brandon” or “COVID Kim” or “Moochelle” or “DeathSantis” I automatically assume that person is a goddamn idiot.
Thanks for hoisting yourself up on the cross for our sins.

You cool with your kids watching you drink a beer or 2 in a shitty sports bar and bullshit with a guy you never met about online people who are ****ing insane? Cuz if the answer is yes I say we do rookies on JC or that hole in the wall bar next to Quiznos on JC.

Cackles! One of these days broski lol, I dont think they can be in a bar past 9 lol

ADVERTISEMENT