ADVERTISEMENT

Covid neuropathy?

BelemNole

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
Anyone run into this? I've been having issues with pins & needles/numbness in my hands, feet, legs for several months now and it seems to be getting worse. Saw the Dr today and he ordered about 2 dozen tests but thinks it might be covid related.
It's to the point where I have trouble sleeping as any part of me touching the bed 'falls asleep' and gets that pins and needles feeling. Happens at my desk, watching tv, driving. Making me crazy.

Anyone run into this? I've been having issues with pins & needles/numbness in my hands, feet, legs for several months now and it seems to be getting worse. Saw the Dr today and he ordered about 2 dozen tests but thinks it might be covid related.
It's to the point where I have trouble sleeping as any part of me touching the bed 'falls asleep' and gets that pins and needles feeling. Happens at my desk, watching tv, driving. Making me crazy.

Yes, I have been going through this for several months too. I have been reading up on covid reactive arthritis the last couple of days.

Reactions: Moral and BelemNole
Yes, I have been going through this for several months too. I have been reading up on covid reactive arthritis the last couple of days.
That's interesting. There's something weird going on with my right thumb as well during the same time frame.

I know many think this is BS but I was having severe neuropathy a few years ago (few other issues too but neuropathy was worst). All kinds of tests and nothing. Did a ton of research and ultimately completely removed gluten (and beer) from my diet. No more issues.

Now, if I even get a bit of gluten, first symptoms to return is neuropathy in my hands. Lasts 2-3 days then goes away.

Just FYI.

I know many think this is BS but I was having severe neuropathy a few years ago (few other issues too but neuropathy was worst). All kinds of tests and nothing. Did a ton of research and ultimately completely removed gluten (and beer) from my diet. No more issues.

Now, if I even get a bit of gluten, first symptoms to return is neuropathy in my hands. Lasts 2-3 days then goes away.

Just FYI.

Weird. Grandfather had pernicious anemia (b12 deficiency) and peripheral neuropathy was an issue. Lots of ways to get there.

Reactions: nolesincebirth

Just FYI.

Those food allergies that have a "random onset" can absolutely be related to viruses.

Not related to your case, but Google "alpha gal" and tick-borne viruses, which can make people allergic to red meat....

Those food allergies that have a "random onset" can absolutely be related to viruses.

Not related to your case, but Google "alpha gal" and tick-borne viruses, which can make people allergic to red meat....
I’ve heard of that. Mine was random. I never had issues until I was over 40. Started small. Tingling in fingers, some bowel issues but not much, slight vertigo. Then then tingling got worse, I started getting a shit-ton of muscle twitching in my arm, shoulder, chest. Then pain in the lower abdomen.

I was researching all of the various symptoms and saw gluten intolerance MIGHT be a cause. Figured it was BS but decided to just avoid it for a bit. After a few weeks, I felt fine. So now I’m excessively careful not to eat it but sometimes I’ll eat sone inadvertently and get symptoms for a few days. It’s bizarre and it sucks but I’ve accepted it.

Reactions: BelemNole

Just FYI.
I've been tested in the past for gluten allergy and it came back negative. But if they can't figure it out I'll give it a try. It's obnoxious.

Test results are coming in, looks like it might be a vitamin B deficiency. Not sure what's causing it, but at least I know how to treat it.

ADVERTISEMENT