ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Outbreaks = ND, N Carolina, NC State & Michigan State going Online

It’s not a mess. It was expected, and if you didn’t think it would shoot through college campuses you have zero mental skills and likely are a prime candidate for an online degree.

students that were scared should hsve done juco online. The rest will have campus immunity in short order.

It’s not a mess. It was expected, and if you didn’t think it would shoot through college campuses you have zero mental skills and likely are a prime candidate for an online degree.

students that were scared should hsve done juco online. The rest will have campus immunity in short order.

you keep talking about herd immunity; did you hear what Dr Fauci said about herd immunity? or do you just ignore the experts?

after reading your latest rant, it is apparent you are the one lacking mental skills

you keep talking about herd immunity; did you hear what Dr Fauci said about herd immunity? or do you just ignore the experts?

after reading your latest rant, it is apparent you are the one lacking mental skills
The people lacking mental skills are the students of these schools who have been to bars and parties with masses of people face-to-face. That is how the China Virus is transmitted. And even Anthony Fauci knows that.

Share with me what exactly you think these college administrators thought would happen? Roflmao they must all have the street smarts of dead people to not see this happening multiple weeks ago. I did and posted many times that if a half dozen football players is going to freak you out wait until the students return to campus.

and holy bleeping shit here we are. Shocking.

fact...either there is a vaccine or we are marching towards herd immunity at some pace. A damn slow pace if we are to SIP permanently.

when the iowa city hospital is flooded I would send the students home.

The academic people pushed to end athletics because they didn’t give a damn about their financial issues but god damn we need those dorms open so we get our money. Lol. It’s all about the money and I can take the moral high ground easy when it’s not my money.

Last edited:
Share with me what exactly you think these college administrators thought would happen? Roflmao they must all have the street smarts of dead people to not see this happening multiple weeks ago. I did and posted many times that if a half dozen football players is going to freak you out wait until the students return to campus.

fact...either there is a vaccine or we are marching towards herd immunity at some pace. A damn slow pace if we are to SIP permanently.

I couldn't agree more. This is going to happen for sure. I'm taking two kids to college this week and (I've mentioned this in another thread so don't bitch) I've told them to pack light and expect to potentially come home early. Not sure what the tolerance will be at the schools for the breakout of the virus, but it is going to happen everywhere. I'm guessing there will be liability issues that are brought up and they will send most if not all home (outside the athletes). That's my guess.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan

Sure a mess when they come home and start spreading it to other people.

Reactions: not_mantiteo

The academic people pushed to end athletics because they didn’t give a damn about their financial issues but god damn we need those dorms open so we get our money. Lol. It’s all about the money and I can take the moral high ground easy when it’s not my money.
so if Iowa City hospitals get overrun you want to send all the kids home so they can spread it all over the country and especially the state? Wow that's a great idea... You should run for office!!

Two hospitals in Iowa City are suppose to handle all the cases? U of I and Mercy? Good luck to the hospital staffs.
Then send them home and start cranking out the refunds.

I don’t give a rip what your opinion is but you have to admit the university actions make no sense one way or another. Athletics was too dangerous but let’s invite 20,000 students to town? Explain that.

so if Iowa City hospitals get overrun you want to send all the kids home so they can spread it all over the country and especially the state? Wow that's a great idea... You should run for office!!

explain to me the logic the university had in cancelling athletics but it was perfectly fine to invite 20,000 students into town.

if you are scared about one, you should have been scared about both.

either you play sports and have in person classes or you cancel both. There is zero logic in splitting your answer to those two items. Zero.

you know the answer. It was money. Money cuts across all political lines and is king.

Last edited:
Than send them home and start cranking out the refunds.

I don’t give a rip what your opinion is but you have to admit the university actions make no sense one way or another. Athletics was too dangerous but let’s invite 20,000 students to town? Explain that.

Nobody in their right mind will have an explanation on how that has any chance of success. They may try to provide an explanation, but it be weak and wrong.

explain to me the logic the university had in cancelling athletics but it was perfectly fine to invite 20,000 students into town.

either you play sports and have in person classes or you cancel both. There is zero logic in splitting your answer to those two items. Zero.

you know the answer. It was money. Money cuts across all political lines and is king.
There is no sound logic, people running the show are often idiotic puppets and this is the type of thing that happens.

There is no sound logic, people running the show are often idiotic puppets and this is the type of thing that happens.

it’s very logical. They need the money. My guess is without athletics and kids on campus over $100,000,000 will need to be cut from Iowa. If their is no vaccine the enrollment at the start of 2021 will be shocking. They all know it.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
it’s very logical. They need the money. My guess is without athletics and kids on campus over $100,000,000 will need to be cut from Iowa. If their is no vaccine the enrollment at the start of 2021 will be shocking. They all know it.
Billion dollar endowments and they NEED money? And what about online courses? That's money. It won't work for everything but will for a lot.

Actually if they go on line, it will increase the likelyhood of football being played.

Read that Kansas State players are all doing on line classes this fall.
If they don't go to parties, and given they train, eat and study in a bubble they should play at least half a season

Up to the players at this point.
I assume you mean all sports and not just football.

I assume you mean all sports and not just football.
I only know of football players of having the ability to take all courses on line. But I believe all fall athletes would have that option.

However the NCAA does have jurisdiction over fall sports with exception of football. So they could always step in and say that you cannot do 100% on line and play sports.

Also no proof there will ever be a vaccine. At some point life goes on. Unless you have enough money to SIP forever.

Agreed that there may never be a vaccine, I never said there would be one. I'm just pointing out that herd immunity may never happen, either. You're the one touting herd immunity.

As much as I want football this season, the conundrum I have is players will get sick. Even at Kansas State you will some Clevinger's who are above reproach and will want to go to parties have lady friends ect. Once its in the bubble, the bubble is screwed. There is no way to assert the level of control the NBA has. I don't worry about the kids getting sick, they will get better, however, a 3rd string offensive tackle may get destroyed by a potential nfl draft pick. That is the part that scares me more than anything.

You must not have heard what the Karolinska Instituet has been saying about herd immunity. Either that, or you just ignore the experts.

The two school’s listed in the above article (UNC and Notre Dame) both primarily play their football in the ACC, which has not cancelled games yet. I do agree that money is a major driver, but this throws a kink in your argument about sports and the general student population.

Agreed that there may never be a vaccine, I never said there would be one. I'm just pointing out that herd immunity may never happen, either. You're the one touting herd immunity.
Let me try to help you with understanding Herd immunity. I am not sure why a lot of the population did not learn this in school but we certainly did in medical school.
There are approximately 1 million viruses of vetebrates. Of those, approximately 320,000 different virus infect animals. Without immunity we would all be dead. Unless Covid 19 is the only virus on the planet that you can not obtain immunity from and then in that case we would all be dead as well.
A strong Immune system has been and always will be the key to survival. So wash your damn hands and keep clean, exercise and eat healthy like we have been saying from the beginning and we will obtain herd immunity like every other virus since the beginning of time.

I've said it a hundred times, until we as a nation decide what we want, it won't matter.
Want nobody to get it? Fine--act on it.
Want as few as possible to get it? Fine--act on it.
Want to protect the most susceptible among us and the rest go on with life? Fine--act on it.
Want to live life normal? Fine--act on it.

The problem is no matter which of the above, or combination of them, the leaders choose, there are going to be a lot of pissed off people thinking its wrong.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
As much as I want football this season, the conundrum I have is players will get sick. Even at Kansas State you will some Clevinger's who are above reproach and will want to go to parties have lady friends ect. Once its in the bubble, the bubble is screwed. There is no way to assert the level of control the NBA has. I don't worry about the kids getting sick, they will get better, however, a 3rd string offensive tackle may get destroyed by a potential nfl draft pick. That is the part that scares me more than anything.

Social media will help control. I know these kids are getting it drilled into their head daily, no parties, no bars.
If they go out you can be sure their pictures will be taken, and those in violation will get called out and could very well get the boot.

You mention Clevinger, the players on the Indian's like Lindor questioned them even being let back on the team.

There is talk of sending him down, thus delaying his free agency by a year. Players were really pissed.

I suspect that the players will police their own. Will some stray certainly, however do you want to be the guy that F's the teams season? Might as well enter the transfer portal at that point.

You bring up an interesting point. Even though my kids went to Ivy League schools, I've been saying for months that if they were currently in school, I would have pulled them out and put them in community colleges for now. I can't believe people are spending big dollars for college under this uncertainty and that enrollment hasn't already dropped off the cliff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT