COVID Symptom- Loss of Taste and Smell

UNIowaHawk

HR Legend
Jul 22, 2011
Question, if Covid people lose sense of taste and smell, would eating a Carolina Reaper or Ghost Pepper even effect them?

I'm having a major sinus issue today and I can’t taste or smell a damn thing. Of course the wife (no pic) thinks I should go to the basement and quarantine and get tested. I can eat jalapeños from the jar and not taste them, but I can sense some of the heat.

Quarantine in the basement bedroom and family room sounds wonderful by the way.

And thanks in advance for the T’s and P’s.

mstp1992

HR Legend
Dec 10, 2011
Cedar Rapids -- Iowa City
faseb.org
Question, if Covid people lose sense of taste and smell, would eating a Carolina Reaper or Ghost Pepper even effect them?

I'm having a major sinus issue today and I can’t taste or smell a damn thing. Of course the wife (no pic) thinks I should go to the basement and quarantine and get tested. I can eat jalapeños from the jar and not taste them, but I can sense some of the heat.

Hot peppers like that can actually affect some of your facial nerves and the pain receptors on your tongue, so you would "feel" them even if you couldn't smell or taste them.

Reactions: Urohawk

GOHOX69

HR Heisman
Sep 26, 2009

Why not eat one and film the reaction? It's YouTube gold.