ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy Florida data scientist turning herself in after warrant issued for her arrest....

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WFLA) — Rebekah Jones, the former COVID-19 data scientist for the state of Florida, says she’s turning herself in to police Sunday after a warrant was issued for her arrest.

Jones announced on Twitter Saturday that the warrant didn’t come from evidence FDLE sought during the search of her home in early December.

“The warrant was based on a lie,” she tweeted. “We argued this in court just last week. This should be victory. However, police did find documents I received/downloaded from sources in the state, or something of that nature…”

She said it isn’t clear at this point “what exactly they’re saying I had that I shouldn’t have had, but an agent confirmed it has nothing to do with the subject of the warrant.”

Jones was fired in May for unauthorized public comments about Florida’s coronavirus numbers.

According to the FDLE, agents served the warrant after the Department of Health filed a complaint regarding an “unauthorized message” sent from the department’s emergency alert system. An FDLE spokesperson said agents determined Jones’ home was the location the message was sent from – but Jones told WFLA she didn’t even know a message had been sent.

A couple weeks later, Jones filed a lawsuit against FDLE for what she said was a “raid” on her home.

“The raid was based on a lie,” Jones’ tweets continued Saturday. “Still, the state has issued a warrant for my arrest — even though the ‘crime’ is not related to the warrant, the scope of the warrant, and they didn’t wait for a third party to review confidential information on my computers.”

Jones said that she’s turning herself into police Sunday night “to protect my family from continued police violence, and to show that I’m ready to fight whatever they throw at me.”

“Saying goodbye to my family just now is the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life,” she concluded.

Interestingly, Ms. Jones has just decamped to Washington DC. I sincerely doubt she would drag her family somewhere if she didn't have a job there. That will be fascinating.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WFLA) — Rebekah Jones, the former COVID-19 data scientist for the state of Florida, says she’s turning herself in to police Sunday after a warrant was issued for her arrest.

Jones announced on Twitter Saturday that the warrant didn’t come from evidence FDLE sought during the search of her home in early December.

“The warrant was based on a lie,” she tweeted. “We argued this in court just last week. This should be victory. However, police did find documents I received/downloaded from sources in the state, or something of that nature…”

She said it isn’t clear at this point “what exactly they’re saying I had that I shouldn’t have had, but an agent confirmed it has nothing to do with the subject of the warrant.”

Jones was fired in May for unauthorized public comments about Florida’s coronavirus numbers.

According to the FDLE, agents served the warrant after the Department of Health filed a complaint regarding an “unauthorized message” sent from the department’s emergency alert system. An FDLE spokesperson said agents determined Jones’ home was the location the message was sent from – but Jones told WFLA she didn’t even know a message had been sent.

A couple weeks later, Jones filed a lawsuit against FDLE for what she said was a “raid” on her home.

“The raid was based on a lie,” Jones’ tweets continued Saturday. “Still, the state has issued a warrant for my arrest — even though the ‘crime’ is not related to the warrant, the scope of the warrant, and they didn’t wait for a third party to review confidential information on my computers.”

Jones said that she’s turning herself into police Sunday night “to protect my family from continued police violence, and to show that I’m ready to fight whatever they throw at me.”

“Saying goodbye to my family just now is the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life,” she concluded.

Sounds like Desantis boyz didn't have anything on her for the Emergency System activation, and are doubling down.

This could get ugly for them, as there was already a defection from those ranks, claiming that original warrant was baseless.

Biden Admin ain't gonna put up with this retaliation, and unless they really do have cause, lots of peeps could end up with federal charges here.

Oh noes, he resigned a judicial circuit nominating commission. What ever will the Governor do?

I’m guessing it has something to do with this: “However, police did find documents I received/downloaded from sources in the state, or something of that nature…”

They allegedly found NOTHING on their original warrant to file any charges, whatsoever. That was after seizing her property - computers/phones/etc.

Warrant said that the message was sent from a computer with an IP address leased from Comcast by her.

If they falsified that evidence in obtaining the warrant isn't she going to get off since the arrest is based on 'fruit of the poison tree'?

Someone fill us in on how that works when they seize your computer for reason A and find violations of law B?

Warrant said that the message was sent from a computer with an IP address leased from Comcast by her.
And the guy who read the warrant said it was crap. And resigned in response to it.

He cited his reasoning, and key points.

My point is, nobody gives two shits about some dude in a circuit JNC resigning.

Do you care about his comments, having read the warrant and asserting it was BS, coming from someone WITHIN the party that is in control.

In layman parlance, we call those "whistleblowers", and rely on them to point out officials who are abusing their authority and power.

It will be interesting to see what she is being arrested for and if in fact she did not send that email warning and it is something else that is either significant (where she loses credibility) or a total nothing burger minor thing (where it really comes off as harassment and way over the top actions). I could see it going either way.

Do you care about his comments, having read the warrant and asserting it was BS, coming from someone WITHIN the party that is in control.

In layman parlance, we call those "whistleblowers", and rely on them to point out officials who are abusing their authority and power.
My guess is, he knows what is reported in the media and nothing more. We will find out if there is merit to the case.

Reactions: Finance85
He already stated that he READ the warrant.
Was he lying about that?
Reading the warrant doesn’t mean he is familiar with the whole investigation. The warrant has probably been read by a ton of people as it has been published in multiple media outlets. This dude isn’t close to the investigation. He’s an appointed guy on a board of 10 or so people who helps give names to the Governor for appointments to a judicial circuit that covers like 4 out of 67 counties.

Reactions: goldmom
He already stated that he READ the warrant.
Was he lying about that?

Lying about what, his opinion?

Warrant named an IP address as the source of the message in question from logs. Comcast said she was leasing that address.
Those are either facts or lies, they are not opinions.

Is the conspiracy theory that DeSantis had fake logs presented to Comcast to produce the evidence for the initial warrant?

Is this like when the FBI lied to the FISA court and altered evidence in pursuit of a FISA wiretap on Trump’s campaign?

If the State doctored the evidence in the warrant, they'd be in a world of hurt that's just not worth it for one person who by many accounts is a little off (active cases filed by guys she was stalking) and who is a bit of an attention seeker. And it would be more than the Governor, wouldn't it?
If you lived in Tally (or in Florida with friends in Tally) you'd know that's not really the case. Ron DeSantis has a wee bit more on his plate at the moment.
I'm just excited to hear about her next opportunity in DC. Hmm. WHO could have hired her?

Lying about what, his opinion?

Warrant named an IP address as the source of the message in question from logs. Comcast said she was leasing that address.

He stated the warrant was pretty much baseless, and conveyed his arguments to you as to why.

ADVERTISEMENT