ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy Florida data scientist turning herself in after warrant issued for her arrest....

Naw... they just hung out for 20 minutes after calling ahead and letting her know what they were up to. Had the same situation occurred with any of us, they would have knocked, given us a minute or two, then broken the door down. They knew they were being videoed. They knew she would be treated as a celebrity by more than a few people.

I’m just messing. I don’t have a dog in this fight. I know about 3 things about her: she’s fairly hot, batshit crazy, and either the victim of a set up by Team DeSantis or good for everything they say she did. Can’t decide yet.

Can’t decide yet.

She's a guru when it suits her (and her supporters), and knows nothing about it when that suits her (and her supporters).

She mentioned that she thought the IP address was spoofed to set her up. That doesn't square with the arrest warrant that states she downloaded and saved data to two personal drives, and she sent the same e-mail to friends before the mass e-mail.

That said, she's innocent until proven guilty, on this issue.

She's already proven to be a crazy stalker.

Yeah, the spoofed ip theory doesn’t hold much water.

It doesn't look good from the government side at all. Entering her home with guns drawn? It looks like intimidation and it smells like a set up

We will see.

By the way crazy people are also innocent until proven guilty. Some of you are just fine applying a really sad and dangerous burn the witch at the stake type of standard here.

It doesn't look good from the government side at all. Entering her home with guns drawn? It looks like intimidation and it smells like a set up

We will see.

By the way crazy people are also innocent until proven guilty. Some of you are just fine applying a really sad and dangerous burn the witch at the stake type of standard here.
It sounds like a set up that she had the identifying information of 19K people she wasn’t allowed to have access to? The government planted it on her computer and personal drives?

So, she's now dropped her lawsuit against the FDLE...

The article doesn't say why. Of course the court doesn't require a reason. Sometimes the filing will state a reason if the plaintiff is reserving the right to refile.

I can't wait to hear Jones talk about it. I wouldn't be surprised if she said she was pressured to drop it by DeSantis et al., in fear for he life, etc., etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WFLA) — Rebekah Jones, the former COVID-19 data scientist for the state of Florida, says she’s turning herself in to police Sunday after a warrant was issued for her arrest.

Jones announced on Twitter Saturday that the warrant didn’t come from evidence FDLE sought during the search of her home in early December.

“The warrant was based on a lie,” she tweeted. “We argued this in court just last week. This should be victory. However, police did find documents I received/downloaded from sources in the state, or something of that nature…”

She said it isn’t clear at this point “what exactly they’re saying I had that I shouldn’t have had, but an agent confirmed it has nothing to do with the subject of the warrant.”

Jones was fired in May for unauthorized public comments about Florida’s coronavirus numbers.

According to the FDLE, agents served the warrant after the Department of Health filed a complaint regarding an “unauthorized message” sent from the department’s emergency alert system. An FDLE spokesperson said agents determined Jones’ home was the location the message was sent from – but Jones told WFLA she didn’t even know a message had been sent.

A couple weeks later, Jones filed a lawsuit against FDLE for what she said was a “raid” on her home.

“The raid was based on a lie,” Jones’ tweets continued Saturday. “Still, the state has issued a warrant for my arrest — even though the ‘crime’ is not related to the warrant, the scope of the warrant, and they didn’t wait for a third party to review confidential information on my computers.”

Jones said that she’s turning herself into police Sunday night “to protect my family from continued police violence, and to show that I’m ready to fight whatever they throw at me.”

“Saying goodbye to my family just now is the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life,” she concluded.

Buckle up

Who did the Clinton’s murder?

200w.gif

Reactions: SIXERS24
She's running for Matt Gaetz's House seat. She's not a resident of the 1st Congressional District, and would have to move if she wins. She was on local news this morning, still making her claims about the website. We'll see how she does in the primary.

I'd come to the same conclusion, too, if I wanted to keep my job under dictator DeSantis. Unfortunately, with his behavior, you can't trusting anything coming out of FL government.
Lol. It is ok just to say that Jones is whack job but since she is one of yours you have to defend her at all cost and blame DeSantis. Very MAGA of you.

Reactions: Finance85
I'd come to the same conclusion, too, if I wanted to keep my job under dictator DeSantis. Unfortunately, with his behavior, you can't trusting anything coming out of FL government.
I’m charmed by your deeply thoughtful and intellectually thorough response.
I trust you’ll remain forever in Atlanta, then?
A city whose biggest problem is that it’s surrounded by Georgia? 🤗

She's running for Matt Gaetz's House seat. She's not a resident of the 1st Congressional District, and would have to move if she wins. She was on local news this morning, still making her claims about the website. We'll see how she does in the primary.
She’s a disturbed and delusional young woman. Two characteristics she shares with the incumbent.
A debate would be highly entertaining.

I hired one of the sys admins from Division of Disease Control to my unit last November.

Her actions went beyond making unapproved changes to the content of the site.

When she flipped out she tried to literally hijack the state’s dashboard, changing passwords and removing everyone else from access and then going AWOL.

I think we are losing sight of the important fact here: where she falls on the hot/crazy matrix?

I hired one of the sys admins from Division of Disease Control to my unit last November.

Her actions went beyond making unapproved changes to the content of the site.

When she flipped out she tried to literally hijack the state’s dashboard, changing passwords and removing everyone else from access and then going AWOL.
I'm gonna wait for Joes Place to weigh in before deciding. He has been strangely absent from this thread.

It’s like the Dems WANT Gaetz to win….

ADVERTISEMENT