ADVERTISEMENT

Credit to the New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays

This is a feel good thing to make themselves feel better or to say they did something so it becomes message board materials like it is on here. This will not do ANYTHING to fix the problem. To hold a moment of silence, sit a press conference and yell like Kerr did does NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all smoke and mirror bullshit. Only way to attempt to make things better is to elect people that align with the way you think. No law or ban is fixing anything.
See my subsequent post in this thread of I wish they would stop playing altogether. Send a real message.

See my subsequent post in this thread of I wish they would stop playing altogether. Send a real message.
Do the people that are doing mass killings look like they care if sports are stopped being played? It’s the people and the evil inside of them.

• Haha
Reactions: fredjr82
Do the people that are doing mass killings look like they care if sports are stopped being played? It’s the people and the evil inside of them.
I’m not talking about making the mass murderer care. I’m talking about getting the lazy phuqs in power to care. I’m talking about getting them to get off their ass and require gun toting lunatics to pass a background check. I’m talking about getting guns out of the hands of the wrong people so your brothers in blue don’t have to wait 40 minutes to enter a school where children are being shot while watching a movie at the end of the school year. I hope you can agree that the laws on the books now are woefully inadequate to protect people. I’m talking about comprehensive reform, not the same thoughts and prayers bullshit that clearly don’t work. I guess maybe the job has made you numb to this shit.

I’m not talking about making the mass murderer care. I’m talking about getting the lazy phuqs in power to care. I’m talking about getting them to get off their ass and require gun toting lunatics to pass a background check. I’m talking about getting guns out of the hands of the wrong people so your brothers in blue don’t have to wait 40 minutes to enter a school where children are being shot while watching a movie at the end of the school year. I hope you can agree that the laws on the books now are woefully inadequate to protect people. I’m talking about comprehensive reform, not the same thoughts and prayers bullshit that clearly don’t work. I guess maybe the job has made you numb to this shit.
Well it has made me numb but not less caring. Of course something needs to change but I don’t think gun laws, background checks or additional mental health help will fix the problem. People are fuking nuts and there’s no stopping them if they set out to do evil. Laws might slow it down or postpone a mass shooting, but in my professional opinion, it’s not going to stop those sick fuks.

Well it has made me numb but not less caring. Of course something needs to change but I don’t think gun laws, background checks or additional mental health help will fix the problem. People are fuking nuts and there’s no stopping them
So why is this a relatively recent phenomenon? n

Well it has made me numb but not less caring. Of course something needs to change but I don’t think gun laws, background checks or additional mental health help will fix the problem. People are fuking nuts and there’s no stopping them if they set out to do evil. Laws might slow it down or postpone a mass shooting, but in my professional opinion, it’s not going to stop those sick fuks.
So, we just throw our hands up and just say screw it and hope it isn’t us next time? You going to stop giving traffic citations because well, if people want to speed and drive recklessly, they will?

Uvalde, a hundred years ago, was represented in Congress by Speaker of the House and future Vice President John Nance Garner. Today it is represented by this hack.

I hear an answer and it's valid imo. Congress won't talk to each other. It might not answer why they NEED an ar15 but it answers why they CAN get one.

So, we just throw our hands up and just say screw it and hope it isn’t us next time? You going to stop giving traffic citations because well, if people want to speed and drive recklessly, they will?
So why is this a relatively recent phenomenon? n
Of course not, but changing laws aren’t stopping anything. You know what could help in my opinion? Banning social media and/or media from covering (glorifying) these things. Would it stop mass shootings? No, but social media has so much to do with these issues. I hope the same people wanting people to give up guns would also be ok giving up on social media to protect our kids and allow them to be kids again.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
Of course not, but changing laws aren’t stopping anything. You know what could help in my opinion? Banning social media and/or media from covering (glorifying) these things. Would it stop mass shootings? No, but social media has so much to do with these issues. I hope the same people wanting people to give up guns would also be ok giving up on social media to protect our kids and allow them to be kids again.
Like I said, comprehensive reform. It can’t just be banning social media for crazy people.

Jeez, you seem dense. The actions you're seeing is an attempt to get voters' attention. Not make a crazy gunman stop and think before they act.
You missed my sarcastic point. Banning sports isn’t fixing anything and preventing people from watching sports isn’t going to solve a damn thing. The shooter will still shoot if there’s no NBA. The law makers aren’t going to change their minds about how they feel because there’s no sports. That’s dense to think that.

You missed my sarcastic point. Banning sports isn’t fixing anything and preventing people from watching sports isn’t going to solve a damn thing. The shooter will still shoot if there’s no NBA. The law makers aren’t going to change their minds about how they feel because there’s no sports. That’s dense to think that.
Again, you missed the point. I’m talking about athletes and leagues just refusing to play. That’s not a ban, that’s a boycott.

Like I said, comprehensive reform. It can’t just be banning social media for crazy people.
Ban it for everyone. Let’s take away their platform. Do you notice a trend how many of these people are posting about their thoughts and shootings on social media? Twitter, Facebook, twitch, discord

Again, you missed the point. I’m talking about athletes and leagues just refusing to play. That’s not a ban, that’s a boycott.
How’s that fixing anything? You think these hardheaded politicians are going to change their mind because of no sports? Not a chance

Ban it for everyone. Let’s take away their platform. Do you notice a trend how many of these people are posting about their thoughts and shootings on social media? Twitter, Facebook, twitch, discord
So, banning social media is the only way? Got it. Maybe next we should ban Fox News, CNN, the Post, etc. Wouldn’t want someone seeing the reporting of these incidents.

But thank you for a good civil conversation. I like your passion and ideas that could help. I’m just afraid it’s just pure evil in our society and that’s almost impossible to stop.

Reactions: runkpanole
How’s that fixing anything? You think these hardheaded politicians are going to change their mind because of no sports? Not a chance
I think a few fall Saturdays and Sundays of no football will make people and those in power realize many people are serious about needing the morans in power to do something.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
So, banning social media is the only way? Got it. Maybe next we should ban Fox News, CNN, the Post, etc. Wouldn’t want someone seeing the reporting of these incidents.
Come on I didn’t say it was the only way, but in my professional opinion it’d sure help. It’ll never happen, but neither will most of the fixes people suggest. I do think preventing from media glorifying these shooting would also help.

I don't view it that way. Have you read chis posts the past 2 years? Dude is legit happy this terrible event happened so it could push things his way politically.
You’re definitely unhinged.

Another mind numbingly stupid take.

It’s about getting enough voters to change their minds and voting in new people.

Political narrative?! Another nearly 20 elementary school kids dead! How many will it take before we do something? Unbelievable. Pro life unless it’s guns, then it’s pro guns.
Pro life ONLY when it's an unborn cluster of cells. Then totally against things that are good for kids once born. They tell us this all the time though their supporters want to convince us otherwise, despite Republican leaders and how they vote.

There are good points by both of you on this. I agree with @Hawkman98 in regards to the not playing sports deal. It will take a lot more to get shit done in regards to this issue. I think we do need a comprehensive reform on quite a few items to stop these mass shootings.

The main culprits of these shootings are mentally ill young males and radicalized young males. I would imagine they start using the internet at a very young age without parental oversight. Think about where they can go on the internet to get radicalized with their super impressionable minds during their teenage years? We can make algorithms so good that they can advertise products to you to buy but we can’t figure out a way to create an algorithm to collect data to keep an eye on potential individuals? We can’t use something like this to be able to create a list for a more extensive background check before purchase? Why do we allow certain sites where these individuals frequent to exist? Then You got the new form of social media like discord, telegram, yubo, etc… where there are no safeguards in place and a lot of these new shooters are getting radicalized on there. Why aren’t we talking about these apps compared to FB and Twitter?

Also for conservatives since you are big on family life and mental illness, during a background check, why can’t we look into the parents of said individual and his home life? Or see what kind of pills they are on?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT