Name: Tristan Bohr
High School: Crestwood
Position: Linebacker/Safety
Graduation Year: 2016
Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 208 pounds
Video: Hudl

Q: How was your visit to Iowa?

BOHR: I loved every part of it. They have an amazing program and the coaches did a really good job taking care of all of us. I've always grown up being a Hawkeye fan. It is truly a dream come true.

Q: Why did you pick Iowa?

BOHR: It was knowing that the coaches there will help me reach my full potential. They really put their trust in me and I have no doubt that they'll take care of me. The program is very successful right now and I want to be a part of that. I love Iowa football.

Q: What has been the attention from the Iowa coaches?

BOHR: I was invited to their camp last year for summer and I received mail after telling me that I had done a job good at camp. They have been sending me mail and Coach Morgan would send a few letters and emails.

Q: When did the walk-on opportunity come?

BOHR: He came and talked to me at school. He told me that there was no scholarships available and that they were giving me an opportunity to walk-on.

Q: Was it a matter time after they offered that to you?

BOHR: Obviously it was my dream. To tell you the truth, I couldn’t believe it. I was always just trying to live up to my potential and play at a school like Iowa.

Q: What position are they bringing you in at?

BOHR: Right now, it is basically as an athlete but more of an outside linebacker/strong safety.

Q: What other schools were being considered?

BOHR: I was considering UNI for football and was planning on taking a visit there until Iowa offered me an official so I had to take that. I was seriously considering UNI, Iowa Western, Upper Iowa for basketball, and Southwest Minnesota State for football.

Q: How does it feel to know that you'll be living your dream this fall?

BOHR: To tell you the truth it has not set in yet. I always watched the games from the stands or at home wearing their gear. Being able to actually put on that jersey will definitely start to set in. I can't believe how blessed I am to have this opportunity.

Reactions: Qued18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.