ADVERTISEMENT

Criminal complaint: Man forced to undress at gunpoint, robbed in Marion

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Two people forced a man to undress at gunpoint in Marion, assaulted him and stole backpack items from him in September, according to a Linn County criminal complaint.

Tavion T. Robinson, 21, of Waterloo, and a partially named co-defendant with the last name of Johnson, are accused of robbing the man while in the 1400 block of Meadowview Drive on Sept. 6.

According to the complaint, Robinson pointed the gun at the man, put it in his mouth and threatened to shoot him, and Johnson punched the alleged victim as he undressed. Both Robinson and Johnson took items from the man's backpack that had a value between $1,500 and $10,000.

Advertisement

Robinson has been arrested on charges of first-degree robbery, a Class B felony; conspiracy to commit a forcible felony, a Class C felony; and going armed with intent and second-degree theft, both Class D felonies.

He also is accused of first-degree harassment, an aggravated misdemeanor; and false imprisonment, a serious misdemeanor. Marion police said the robbery victim was confined against his will.

Robinson is being held in the Linn County Jail on $50,000 cash only bond.

Something similar happened across the street from the St Pete-Clearwater airport at a gas station between midnight and 5 am. around 10 years ago. The dudes robbed a guy while he was pumping gas and took his pants. I will see if I can find the story.

Edit - here it is

With prices what they've been, it's not unheard of to lose your shirt at a gas station.

But your pants?

It happened to Cornelius Richardson, 23, of Pinellas Park, deputies say, when he stopped by the Rally Gas Station at 3400 Ulmerton Road shortly before 4 a.m. Wednesday.

Two gunmen approached him - one carrying a handgun, the other a pistol-grip shotgun, deputies said. They demanded money and jewelry.

They left in a beige sport utility vehicle with Richardson's wallet, cell phones, gold jewelry - and his pants.

A deputy saw an SUV matching the description traveling near 54th Avenue N and I-275. The deputy followed and tried to conduct a traffic stop, authorities said.

The 2005 GMC Yukon continued on, so the deputy followed it until it rolled to a stop near 641 W Harbor Drive S in St. Petersburg. Three people bailed out, and the deputy caught the driver, Frankie James Blacknell Jr., 21, of St. Petersburg, authorities said.

He was charged with armed robbery, grand theft of a motor vehicle, being a felon in possession of a firearm, fleeing and eluding, resisting arrest without violence, driving with a suspended license and an outstanding warrant for battery. He remained in the Pinellas County Jail on Wednesday afternoon in lieu of $101,750 bail.

The SUV was stolen in Manatee County on Aug. 12.

The other two people are still at large.

Deputies said they recovered a loaded shotgun they believe was used in the robbery, and most of Richardson's stolen property, including his pants.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Something similar happened across the street from the St Pete-Clearwater airport at a gas station between midnight and 5 am. around 10 years ago. The dudes robbed a guy while he was pumping gas and took his pants. I will see if I can find the story.

Edit - here it is

With prices what they've been, it's not unheard of to lose your shirt at a gas station.

But your pants?

It happened to Cornelius Richardson, 23, of Pinellas Park, deputies say, when he stopped by the Rally Gas Station at 3400 Ulmerton Road shortly before 4 a.m. Wednesday.

Two gunmen approached him - one carrying a handgun, the other a pistol-grip shotgun, deputies said. They demanded money and jewelry.

They left in a beige sport utility vehicle with Richardson's wallet, cell phones, gold jewelry - and his pants.

A deputy saw an SUV matching the description traveling near 54th Avenue N and I-275. The deputy followed and tried to conduct a traffic stop, authorities said.

The 2005 GMC Yukon continued on, so the deputy followed it until it rolled to a stop near 641 W Harbor Drive S in St. Petersburg. Three people bailed out, and the deputy caught the driver, Frankie James Blacknell Jr., 21, of St. Petersburg, authorities said.

He was charged with armed robbery, grand theft of a motor vehicle, being a felon in possession of a firearm, fleeing and eluding, resisting arrest without violence, driving with a suspended license and an outstanding warrant for battery. He remained in the Pinellas County Jail on Wednesday afternoon in lieu of $101,750 bail.

The SUV was stolen in Manatee County on Aug. 12.

The other two people are still at large.

Deputies said they recovered a loaded shotgun they believe was used in the robbery, and most of Richardson's stolen property, including his pants.

I've highlighted the most offensive part.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT