ADVERTISEMENT

Critical I-40 bridge across the Mississippi closed for 6-8 weeks.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Hopefully things like this convince Tom Cotton and Marsha Blackburn to put aside their insurrection duties long enough to get infrastructure legislation passed. Not only is this bridge important to states like Arkansas and Tennessee, it's a critical bridge for the nation's economy.
For years we have been warned about the backlog of repairs and replacement projects to our infrastructure.
https://wreg.com/news/i-40-bridge-shutdown-could-be-a-disaster-for-distribution-economist-warns/

Guessing it won't bother Marc Cohn.....he can walk across the Mississippi without even getting his feet wet.

Iowa has truss bridges, cantilever bridges, cables-slayed bridges, suspension bridges, arch bridges, beam bridges, tied arch bridges, draw bridges, big bridges, little bridges, pedestrian bridges, train bridges, bison bridges, Iowa State's stupid gateway bridge...
tenor.gif

It has been awhile since I have been in Memphis, but doesn't I-55 cross the Mississippi just south of I-40? So it isn't the end of the world, just traffic hell for awhile.

They remind us that it is possible to leave Iowa without going to Minnesota or Missouri which is sometimes a deterrent
Uhh, other options are Nebraska, Illinois and South Dakota, so not exactly a huge incentive either

I guess Wisconsin is pretty cool. Except for the gun-toting, fat, hairy, violent Packer/Badger fans. AND their husbands! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: LesClaypool
Uhh, other options are Nebraska, Illinois and South Dakota, so not exactly a huge incentive either

I guess Wisconsin is pretty cool. Except for the gun-toting, fat, hairy, violent Packer/Badger fans. AND their husbands! 😉

If it wasn't for Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota, people from the east coast would assume that Midwestern states were each required to invent a new accent before gaining statehood

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT