ADVERTISEMENT

Crowds of students have begun to walk out of Northern Virginia schools in protest of Gov. Youngkin’s plan to strip rights from transgender students

Lot of questions here. I have just one for you. Why do you feel it's ok for you to control these kids' lives?
Why do you feel it is ok to mutilate kid's bodies before they have the ability to fully comprehend what they are doing and consent to the procedures.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
Why do you feel it is ok to mutilate kid's bodies before they have the ability to fully comprehend what they are doing and consent to the procedures.
A big fat non issue brought up by the Fascist cult which brings and provides nothing of value for we the people. Delete your account.

Reactions: Ree4 and Tom Paris
Lot of questions here. I have just one for you. Why do you feel it's ok for you to control these kids' lives?
My serious answer is that I don't think these kids are being treated like the under age vulnerable kids they are.

The recommendation is to afirm these kid's feelings and help them act on those feelings with lifelong hormones and surgeries. this is unethical and criminal in my mind.

Most of these kid's are going through stressful times in their life or are suffering from mental illness. They do not know what it means to change their gender. They do not have the capacity or the life experience to understand the feelings associated with being a particular sex and the lifelong consequences of changing it.

It is the responsibility of adults to protect children from harm. The diagnostic criteria is to basic and vague to put kids though life altering meds or surgeries. The medical system, political system and society is failing these kids.

In medicine there is a thing called sensitivity and specificity in regards to making an accurate diagnosis. The specificity for diagnosing gender issues is so low it is laughable. The treatment for gender dysphoria is affirmation therapy. This basically means the provider agrees with the child. The chance of false positives for gender dysphoria is so high it is laughable. And yet, anyone who says they have gender dysphoria can get meds within 1-2 appointments. I honestly don't know how any sane person can be on board with this. (I feel like back in the slave days, there were some people who said, "this is wrong, we need to stop" but everyone told them to shut up and get in line. that is the way I feel about surgery and hormones for kids. There will be a day we look back on these times and ask wtf were we thinking)

The bathroom issue is just a minor bump in the road of enabling kids to do harmful things to their bodies.

My serious answer is that I don't think these kids are being treated like the under age vulnerable kids.

The recommendation is to afirm these kid's feelings and help them act on those feelings with lifelong hormones and surgeries. this is unethical and criminal in my mind.

Most of these kid's are going through stressful times in their life or are suffering from mental illness. They do not know what it means to change their gender. They do not have the capacity or the life experience to understand the feelings associated with being a particular sex and the lifelong consequences of changing it.

It is the responsibility of adults to protect children from harm. The diagnostic criteria is to basic and vague to put kids though life altering meds or surgeries. The medical system, political system and society is failing these kids.

In medicine there is a thing called sensitivity and specificity in regards to making an accurate diagnosis. The specificity for diagnosing gender issues is so low it is laughable. The treatment for gender dysphoria is affirmation therapy. This basically means the provider agrees with the child. The chance of false positives for gender dysphoria is so high it is laughable. And yet, anyone who says they have gender dysphoria can get meds within 1-2 appointments. I honestly don't know how any sane person can be on board with this. (I feel like back in the slave days, there were some people who said, "this is wrong, we need to stop" but everyone told them to shut up and get in line. that is the way I feel about surgery and hormones for kids. There will be a day we look back on these times and ask wtf were we thinking)

The bathroom issue is just a minor bump in the road of enabling kids to do harmful things to their bodies.
Delete your account

It's interesting that the article never mentions restrooms but it's the only thing that you and titan comment on. What do you suppose that says about you two?

“The group is still conducting a detailed legal analysis of the model policies but has several areas of concern, Heilman said, including whether the way the policy addresses bathroom use by transgender students could result in practices that violate previous federal court decisions.”

Reactions: TJ8869
I have been hearing that same statement for 40 years....then those young people grow up and become republicans.
You understand that's a myth the GOP tells themselves to feel good...right? Attitudes are very stable over the long run and the GOP is losing a generation.

Not posed to me but I'm going to comment anyway...

It's not OK for me or others to control the lives of these kids,.. That control belongs to their parents.
Well...that makes no sense. Their lives are controlled by others in countless ways - same as yours - that have little or nothing to do with their parents.

My serious answer is that I don't think these kids are being treated like the under age vulnerable kids they are.

Just out of curiosity, could you post a link from a reputable site confirming your take on gender dysphoria diagnoses being laughably off base? And then could you tell us exactly how many surgeries...not other reversible treatments, surgeries - were performed on minors in the past year? TIA

Generally on the bathroom issue I think the best solution is to have boys and girls rooms based on what the person was born as and gender neutral bathrooms which anyone can use if they feel like it.

That way if a girl doesn't want to use the bathroom with a boy who thinks he's a girl or a boy doesn't want to use the bathroom with a girl who think's she's a boy they can do that. Mean while those people and those that support them can use a bathroom that anyone can use since apparently this bathroom thing isn't a big deal to them.

Thing is that it is kind of a big deal to us. We've had gendered bathrooms pretty much since we've hand indoor plumbing and public restrooms and the social leftists have just now made it a massive problem and tried to tell us that we shouldn't feel uncomfortable using the bathroom with random people of the opposite sex.

Reactions: DooBi
Sure about homework, boy/girlfriends, etc . Parties, etc. But if u can't figure out things like sexual identity in this generation or preferences now u are either in denial or not paying attention.

Sexual identity is all about someone's feelings. . . So you can't necessarily know what someone is feeling if they don't tell you. Same thing with depression.

Reactions: Hawk_82
Generally on the bathroom issue I think the best solution is to have boys and girls rooms based on what the person was born as and gender neutral bathrooms which anyone can use if they feel like it.

That way if a girl doesn't want to use the bathroom with a boy who thinks he's a girl or a boy doesn't want to use the bathroom with a girl who think's she's a boy they can do that. Mean while those people and those that support them can use a bathroom that anyone can use since apparently this bathroom thing isn't a big deal to them.

Thing is that it is kind of a big deal to us. We've had gendered bathrooms pretty much since we've hand indoor plumbing and public restrooms and the social leftists have just now made it a massive problem and tried to tell us that we shouldn't feel uncomfortable using the bathroom with random people of the opposite sex.
Just out of curiosity, what about a girl in the next stall makes you uncomfortable? You think they'll be peeking over the top at you? And boys doing that doesn't bother you at all?

Just out of curiosity, what about a girl in the next stall makes you uncomfortable? You think they'll be peeking over the top at you? And boys doing that doesn't bother you at all?
I have a hard time going to the bathroom if anyone is in the next stall. Regardless of gender.

Reactions: Gimmered
Just out of curiosity, could you post a link from a reputable site confirming your take on gender dysphoria diagnoses being laughably off base? And then could you tell us exactly how many surgeries...not other reversible treatments, surgeries - were performed on minors in the past year? TIA
Yeah, this is the type of information that I do not know where to find public info. (I would guess hospitals are not volunteering this information either since this could lead to backlash).

Last edited:
I have a hard time going to the bathroom if anyone is in the next stall. Regardless of gender.
Had a guy on our hall in college who couldn't pee if anyone was talking to him...so naturally, when we saw him heading to the bathroom we'd follow him in and chat with him until he cussed us out and left.

• Haha
Reactions: tumorboy

Umm if I have to use the urinal that doesn't work well for me.

Only woman who should be seeing my penis these days is my wife and if absolutely necessary for medical needs a female doctor/nurse.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Parents are frequently morons about their kids. Project all their hopes and dreams and religious beliefs on their kids. More likely than anyone else to abuse them.

I got it so screw parental rights, let's put the state in charge! The state knows all and is better qualified to make decisions about your children than you are.

These people who are too young to make decisions about sex, voting, or drinking alcohol are old enough to make decisions about puberty blockers and what gender they are. Shoot I'm half surprised we arn't sterilizing children who decide at age 12 that they don't want to have any children.

I got it so screw parental rights, let's put the state in charge! The state knows all and is better qualified to make decisions about your children than you are.

These people who are too young to make decisions about sex, voting, or drinking alcohol are old enough to make decisions about puberty blockers and what gender they are. Shoot I'm half surprised we arn't sterilizing children who decide at age 12 that they don't want to have any children.
Are kids being actually treated without their parents? I would have a problem with that. I would also have a problem with a teacher who believed in parental rights defying a student's wishes and having them wind up in conversion therapy. Much bigger problem with that than any parent's indignation.

Reactions: tumorboy
Not gonna lie, I tried my mom's high-heeled shoes on one day and looked in the mirror.

Might take a dump in the ladies restroom today at work.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawk_82
ADVERTISEMENT