ADVERTISEMENT

Crowds of students have begun to walk out of Northern Virginia schools in protest of Gov. Youngkin’s plan to strip rights from transgender students

As a general rule, I ignore protests, without regard to subject matter, by high school students because, well, they're pretty dumb.

I don't think they should be written off entirely.

Although I do find it funny how their "protests" often end with them getting out of class.

I'd be more interested in how many of them would show up on a Saturday to protest this. They don't seem to be doing that a lot.

You understand that's a myth the GOP tells themselves to feel good...right? Attitudes are very stable over the long run and the GOP is losing a generation.

How is it a myth when it has, up to this point, played out, from the 60s to now?

Not saying all of those young activists change their views as they get older - but enough do to keep the Republican party relevant.

It's interesting that the article never mentions restrooms but it's the only thing that you and titan comment on. What do you suppose that says about you two?
It shows they don't realize that children are way more at risk in churches around the pastors and youth ministers than they are around a trans (and drag queens for that matter) person.

Reactions: Ree4 and BelemNole
It shows they don't realize that children are way more at risk in churches around the pastors and youth ministers than they are around a trans (and drag queens for that matter) person.
How do you know this? I didn't realize trans and drag queens cant hurt anyone.

BTW, no one is defending child molester priests here. but people like you are advocating delusional ideas, starting life changing hormones and surgeries for kids. Your support for this abuse of children is on par with the people who helped cover up priests molesting children. How does that make you feel?

Your support for this abuse of children is on par with the people who helped cover up priests molesting children. How does that make you feel?
The decisions regarding trans people are made by themselves, their families and physicians. The trans people do not pose a threat to others.

The decisions regarding trans people are made by themselves. The trans people do not pose a threat to others.
Those decisions sure are made by the individual. In fact the patient even gets to tell the doctor what to diagnose them with. Sounds legit...nope.

Just because someone does it to themself doest mean it's ok. Have you ever seen what comes into an ER? Should we be ok with people swallowing knifes because they did it to themself? By your argument, you should be OK with suicide because the person decided their life was not worth living and decided to kill themself all on their own. I could keep going.

Your argument is stupid. Adults have a responsibility to look after kids and help them when they are struggling, not set them up for a lifetime of challenges.

Who are you to say trans people don't pose a threat to anyone? I believe trans people have a higher rate of mental illness than the general population. People with mental illness commit crimes at a higher rate than those without mental illness. By definition, I think this means trans people do pose a greater risk to others. (Although I will admit, this likely has nothing to do with being trans. It is more likely related to their mental health issues, social situation, coping mechanisms, etc.)

Every student that walked out should be expelled for 1 week with no opportunity to make up the classroom work. They just get zeros across the board.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
People refusing to treat you differently because you want to be treated differently, is not someone else marginalizing you. You're doing it all by yourself
I know. It's almost like if you wanted to follow another religion and the country you were in didn't like it. What to do? Oh, I know. Find a country based on freedoms.

Always go with the wings :)
Uncomfortable in a thong.

Sometimes I just DIY.

main-qimg-53efed18cb5f753baf4158a56f60b400-lq

Umm if I have to use the urinal that doesn't work well for me.

Only woman who should be seeing my penis these days is my wife and if absolutely necessary for medical needs a female doctor/nurse.
I'm a 62 year old man and I can assure you I pee everyday. I can't actually remember seeing another man's/boy's penis in the bathroom since, well maybe 4th grade.

Reactions: BelemNole and Ree4
Those decisions sure are made by the individual. In fact the patient even gets to tell the doctor what to diagnose them with. Sounds legit...nope.

Just because someone does it to themself doest mean it's ok. Have you ever seen what comes into an ER? Should we be ok with people swallowing knifes because they did it to themself? By your argument, you should be OK with suicide because the person decided their life was not worth living and decided to kill themself all on their own. I could keep going.

Your argument is stupid. Adults have a responsibility to look after kids and help them when they are struggling, not set them up for a lifetime of challenges.

Who are you to say trans people don't pose a threat to anyone? I believe trans people have a higher rate of mental illness than the general population. People with mental illness commit crimes at a higher rate than those without mental illness. By definition, I think this means trans people do pose a greater risk to others. (Although I will admit, this likely has nothing to do with being trans. It is more likely related to their mental health issues, social situation, coping mechanisms, etc.)
Interesting take

I'm a 62 year old man and I can assure you I pee everyday. I can't actually remember seeing another man's/boy's penis in the bathroom since, well maybe 4th grade.
The man trough should be outlawed.

Did none of y’all have co-Ed bathrooms in at least college? It’s not a big deal. There’s usually just more stalls and doors that go to the floor.

Yeah, this is the type of information that I do not know where to find public info. (I would guess hospitals are not volunteering this information either since this could lead to backlash). I have close contacts who work with these surgeries and they are being done on young kids.

I personally know of a 14 year old who has had top surgery and a 15 year old who is scheduled. It is being done. If insurance won't pay, some of the parents are willing to pay out of pocket.
Hospitals are not volunteering this information because It's not happening.

Top surgery is reversible. Bottom surgery is not being done in those age groups because it's not reversible. Should we have stoned the parents of my high school classmate when she got her breast implant surgery at 16 that her parents paid for? We've gone over this time and time again, "kids" are not getting bottom surgery and I know 20 transgender surgeons.

Hospitals are not volunteering this information because It's not happening.

Top surgery is reversible. Bottom surgery is not being done in those age groups because it's not reversible. Should we have stoned the parents of my high school classmate when she got her breast implant surgery at 16 that her parents paid for? We've gone over this time and time again, "kids" are not getting bottom surgery and I know 20 transgender surgeons.
I had a friend in highschool that got her boobs done at 16. It was because she had a defect and one boob was way bigger than the other so her parents agreed to pay for it. She went bigger than she had too but she’s had them for 20 years now. She didn’t even attempt to opt-in for the penis if you can believe it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT