ADVERTISEMENT

Crowds of students have begun to walk out of Northern Virginia schools in protest of Gov. Youngkin’s plan to strip rights from transgender students

Hospitals are not volunteering this information because It's not happening.

Top surgery is reversible. Bottom surgery is not being done in those age groups because it's not reversible. Should we have stoned the parents of my high school classmate when she got her breast implant surgery at 16 that her parents paid for? We've gone over this time and time again, "kids" are not getting bottom surgery and I know 20 transgender surgeons.
Yes we have gone through all this stuff before. I respect your position.

I think it is important for the general public to realize that top surgeries are happening for underage kids. I also do not know of any bottom surgeries happening on underage kids (although I can't be sure is not happening anywhere).

No offense, but I think surgeons have a different perspective than the average person as to what is reversible. Scars are forever.

There are ethical concerns with putting breat implants in a 16 year old. I hope you can understand this, even if you don't agree.

I have said in almost every discussion with you, my issue is with the diagnostic criteria for gender dysphoria. There basically is no criteria. I don't belive in doing surgery for a diagnosis a child self diagnoses. Especially one that even the wpath says is a fluid diagnosis and will likely/ possible change as they grow older.

It shows they don't realize that children are way more at risk in churches around the pastors and youth ministers than they are around a trans (and drag queens for that matter) person.
And teachers even more than pastors and priests. Don’t forget all of the molesty teachers stories we get here. Tons of them. Go get em!

How many threads do we have about teachers banging students? Now how many about trans doing the same?

How many threads do we have about teachers banging students? Now how many about trans doing the same?
A ton of teacher threads. That’s my point. What’s your point? Once again you’re arguing against some point no one has made. Maybe read again and figure it out?

A ton of teacher threads. That’s my point. What’s your point? Once again you’re arguing against some point no one has made. Maybe read again and figure it out?
"Protecting our girls" is absolutely a whistle being blown by anti trans people. Problem is nobody can seem to find more than a very few isolated cases of girls being attacked by trans kids using the bathroom of their choice.

As always, it's the ick factor excuse. It's a worn out kind of discrimination used against blacks and drinking fountains, gays and the military, and now trans and bathrooms. We've seen this song and dance many times.

Reactions: BelemNole
"Protecting our girls" is absolutely a whistle being blown by anti trans people. Problem is nobody can seem to find more than a very few isolated cases of girls being attacked by trans kids using the bathroom of their choice.

As always, it's the ick factor excuse. It's a worn out kind of discrimination used against blacks and drinking fountains, gays and the military, and now trans and bathrooms. We've seen this song and dance many times.
No clue why you’re telling me this. NoleATL said we need to worry more about pastors and I said we need to be even more concerned with teachers considering the number of stories we see comparatively. That’s all.

No clue why you’re telling me this. NoleATL said we need to worry more about pastors and I said we need to be even more concerned with teachers considering the number of stories we see comparatively. That’s all.
You're the one who replied to my post out of the blue. If you didn't want to discuss it, you should have said nothing.

But I'm glad you agree with me that trans kids using bathrooms presents no rational danger.

You're the one who replied to my post out of the blue. If you didn't want to discuss it, you should have said nothing.

But I'm glad you agree with me that trans kids using bathrooms presents no rational danger.
You talked about teachers right after I did. I thought you were responding to my post. Sorry.

And I see no danger in trans kids using bathrooms.

You talked about teachers right after I did. I thought you were responding to my post. Sorry.

And I see no danger in trans kids using bathrooms.
It's so laughable to say that we are trying to protect the girls, when my child was banned from the boys bathroom. Again, this was after nearly a full year, where no student had a issue. They had been seen by multiple staff members including the former head football coach/vise principle.
This all came from one guidance counselor freaking out.

The man trough should be outlawed.

Did none of y’all have co-Ed bathrooms in at least college? It’s not a big deal. There’s usually just more stalls and doors that go to the floor.

No. . . where I went to school the dorm floors where done by gender and people of the opposite gender where suppose to be off the floor at 10 pm on weekdays and I think midnight on weekends.

I find these rules to be sensible.

It's so laughable to say that we are trying to protect the girls, when my child was banned from the boys bathroom. Again, this was after nearly a full year, where no student had a issue. They had been seen by multiple staff members including the former head football coach/vise principle.
This all came from one guidance counselor freaking out.
If there's one thing I've learned over my years it's that female guidance counselors rule the school, especially if the principal is a male.

We're arguing about whether or not to let males that claim to feel like females into female bathrooms.

This is what progress looks like. That this has bubbled up as a big "rights" issue at all. That we don't have more pressing rights issues.

More like trying to raise his profile to run in GOP Presidential primaries.
You know, it's sort of funny. It ALWAYS "seems" like that's what Virginia governors are trying to do, yet they rarely seem to actually do it

I got it so screw parental rights, let's put the state in charge! The state knows all and is better qualified to make decisions about your children than you are.

These people who are too young to make decisions about sex, voting, or drinking alcohol are old enough to make decisions about puberty blockers and what gender they are. Shoot I'm half surprised we arn't sterilizing children who decide at age 12 that they don't want to have any children.
When you realize this isn’t a choice, get back to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Bro D
When you realize this isn’t a choice, get back to me.
Do you believe hypochondria is real? Or do all of those people do not have a choice in acting sick. Some for attention and some because they believe they’re sick even when they’re not. It’s not possible some of this is going on?

What’s worse for the patient? Waiting a bit to make sure it’s the right choice? Or doing irreversible procedures then realizing you made a mistake?

Which happens, BTW. Of course the people who come out and say this are immediately shouted down and called names and are threatened. Imagine that. Going through the procedure and saying you made a mistake then have the entire community you tried to become a part of shit all over you.

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT