ADVERTISEMENT

Crude estimate ... projecting the spread

ghostOfHomer777

HR Heisman
May 20, 2014
Against some of the better defenses of the B1G, Rutgers, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota, the Huskers scored a grand total of 54 points. That's an average of 10.8 points per game. If you count only the games where they had Thompson starting (against Rutgers, Illinois, and Wisconsin) ... that average jumps up to around 12.66 points per game.

While the Huskers have been weak on D, Iowa's O has been such a sore spot - there's little reason to suppose that the Huskers won't defensively have their best performance against the Hawks. If you look at Iowa's offensive scoring against all B1G competition, through 8 games the Hawks have tallied 151 points through 8 games ... an average of 18.875 points per game.

So that points to what ... a 6 point margin for our Hawks?

I'll take any win!

Against some of the better defenses of the B1G, Rutgers, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota, the Huskers scored a grand total of 54 points. That's an average of 10.8 points per game. If you count only the games where they had Thompson starting (against Rutgers, Illinois, and Wisconsin) ... that average jumps up to around 12.66 points per game.

While the Huskers have been weak on D, Iowa's O has been such a sore spot - there's little reason to suppose that the Huskers won't defensively have their best performance against the Hawks. If you look at Iowa's offensive scoring against all B1G competition, through 8 games the Hawks have tallied 151 points through 8 games ... an average of 18.875 points per game.

So that points to what ... a 6 point margin for our Hawks?

I'll take any win!
I think the Vegas line is 10.5? I think it ends up maybe 20-10. Like you however I will be satisfied with a W regardless of the point differential.

I think the Vegas line is 10.5? I think it ends up maybe 20-10. Like you however I will be satisfied with a W regardless of the point differential.
Sometimes the home field advantage nets the home team an added few points ... so 10 points doesn't seem entirely unreasonable.

The problem is that Thompson is pretty good.

On the flip side, the Husker OL isn't particularly impressive ... if the Hawkeye DL come to work on Friday ... then they could have a good day.

Sometimes the home field advantage nets the home team an added few points ... so 10 points doesn't seem entirely unreasonable.

The problem is that Thompson is pretty good.

On the flip side, the Husker OL isn't particularly impressive ... if the Hawkeye DL come to work on Friday ... then they could have a good day.
Get to the QB and sack him like a bag of groceries.

ADVERTISEMENT