ADVERTISEMENT

Cruz storms off after being asked why mass shootings happen ‘only in America’

Did this British journalist invest in a Map? Here's the thing Neville, there's a place just to the west of Texas, in the U.S.A. we call it Mexico.

Just drive west until you see human heads hanging from the overpasses, now you're in Mexico. Order a taco, they're good.
Defending Ted Cruz. Bold strategy.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Did this British journalist invest in a Map? Here's the thing Neville, there's a place just to the west of Texas, in the U.S.A. we call it Mexico.

Just drive west until you see human heads hanging from the overpasses, now you're in Mexico. Order a taco, they're good.
Mexico had the second most school shootings in the entire world. Why don’t more people talk about that?

CountrySchool Shootings
Since 2009
United States288
Mexico8
South Africa6
India5
Nigeria4
Pakistan4
Afghanistan3

Because of people like Ted Cruz.
Such a dumb response.

We do a great disservice to ourselves when we instantly just say “ban guns”.

Will smith walks up in stage and slaps Chris Rock. Everyone asks “why did he do that”. No one says he slapped him because of his easy access to hands.

I’ve posted in several threads on my opinion of pushing the age to 21. However, the reason the kid shot up the school isn’t addressed with any of these gun law change

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
To hell with Cruz, I’d like to hear what Ernst and Grassley plan to do about it, not just their hollow thoughts and prayers. We can do better, we absolutely must do better.
I send emails to both Grassley and Ernst a lot and usually they get back within a day or so with a canned response. It has been like 3 days now since I sent something about this and not a word from either one.

I send emails to both Grassley and Ernst a lot and usually they get back within a day or so with a canned response. It has been like 3 days now since I sent something about this and not a word from either one.
IMHO, I think a ton of GOP is rattled right now. Between Buffalo and Sandyhook 2, there is the air of change in this nation. Add to it the refusal for NRA to cancel or have their GOP lackeys no show the convention fe days later in same state and I think you will see some big time shifts on public opinion on gun control that will make taking NRA money and supporting status quo a great way to lose your election.

So why do they happen?
Maybe in America there are tooooo many firearms? My question would be why are AR15’s even for sale to the public? Why does a private citizen need such a weapon? This weapon was developed for the militRy to be used in combT, to KILL other human beings. Not for hunting...not for target shooting but developed to KILL others.
There is no reason not to ban their sale to the public...unless of course, you enjoy the blood sport of school-aged kids being gunned down in schools...or shoppers being murdered while at the mall or the grocery store. The Spanish hVe their bull fights...Americans have their mass murders!

Classic…statement (“they only happen here”) is refuted with facts, so pivot to another point (was something done to improve).

One of these things is not like the others….

jNIc8ju.jpg

Such a dumb response.

Will smith walks up in stage and slaps Chris Rock. Everyone asks “why did he do that”. No one says he slapped him because of his easy access to hands.

I’ve posted in several threads on my opinion of pushing the age to 21. However, the reason the kid shot up the school isn’t addressed with any of these gun law change
This is uniquely stupid. The public is NOT calling but a ban on guns. That's a false narrative that you and your far right brethren have bought. And "hands" - GMAFB.

We can address both the easy access to guns by people who shouldn't have them AND the reason people do this. It's all been proposed - tighter restrictions, more extensive background checks, red flag laws and mental health funding are but a few. But you and the politicians you support will not consider those.

Such a dumb response.

I find it really sad that you think it ISN'T the fault of people like him. The Republican liars who are paid off by gun manufacturers. They do nothing. They vote for nothing. The thing that's dumb...is your "hands" analogy. You just took "Cars" to "hands". So sad.

I find it really sad that you think it ISN'T the fault of people like him. The Republican liars who are paid off by gun manufacturers. They do nothing. They vote for nothing. The thing that's dumb...is your "hands" analogy. You just took "Cars" to "hands". So sad.
I use the hands analogy for one reason. The same for if a man stabs another man. It’s never about the object that hits the other person. It’s always “why” did they do it.

With shootings, it’s never about “why”. It’s always about banning the object. It makes no sense.

I use the hands analogy for one reason. The same for if a man stabs another man. It’s never about the object that hits the other person. It’s always “why” did they do it.

With shootings, it’s never about “why”. It’s always about banning the object. It makes no sense.
No one has ever said why doesn’t matter. Of course it does. But if someone goes off the deep end, guns allow them to do a lot more damage than their hands or knives.

I do not get why at the very least we can’t add a few hoops to jump through before they buy guns. I’d bet that in at least some cases that would prevent some of these events by cutting down on impulse buys.

Reactions: RileyHawk

If you limit the access to guns and the crimes aren't committed, we won't have to ask that question.

Last edited:

It does make sense. A guy with a knife doesnt make it into the building let alone kill 20 people.

Thats the difference and its not hard to understand.

Except it's not. That's just your right wing propaganda coming out. Everyone is suggesting we take a multi prong approach to keep guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them AND funding our ability to identify and treat mental illness.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Maybe in America there are tooooo many firearms? My question would be why are AR15’s even for sale to the public? Why does a private citizen need such a weapon? This weapon was developed for the militRy to be used in combT, to KILL other human beings. Not for hunting...not for target shooting but developed to KILL others.
There is no reason not to ban their sale to the public...unless of course, you enjoy the blood sport of school-aged kids being gunned down in schools...or shoppers being murdered while at the mall or the grocery store. The Spanish hVe their bull fights...Americans have their mass murders!
So it’s the guns fault and not the person? We need to focus on guns and not people?

So it’s the guns fault and not the person? We need to focus on guns and not people?
I have never seen anyone say we shouldnt be concerned about the people too.

What kind of world do you live in where 2 things cant be accomplished at once? Its almost like you trying to find any possible way to not make it about guns.

Oh wait, that is exactly what you are doing.

I legitimately wonder if people who say stupid shit like this actually believe it. How is it possible that so many people are THIS stupid and incapable of critical thinking. Like if you just dont want to give up guns at any cost, dont be a coward. Just say it. Dont play dumb.

I have never seen anyone say we shouldnt be concerned about the people too.

What kind of world do you live in where 2 things cant be accomplished at once? Its almost like you trying to find any possible way to not make it about guns.

Oh wait, that is exactly what you are doing.

I legitimately wonder if people who say stupid shit like this actually believe it. How is it possible that so many people are THIS stupid and incapable of critical thinking. Like if you just dont want to give up guns at any cost, dont be a coward. Just say it. Dont play dumb.

It’s page one of the playbook. Delay, conflate and deflect until outrage dies down and publics attention gets distracted by something else.

ADVERTISEMENT