ADVERTISEMENT

Crystal Ball Projections

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
I've been watching these for some time and it looks to me that there are a few in the know and everyone else are followers. Also, forecasts from some teams web site are more guess work and hope than being in the know.

Good example was Lachey, he was 100% a MSU lean and after his Iowa visit several new crystal ball forecasts projected the Hawks and everyone changed to Iowa as fast as rats fleeing a sinking ship.

So I think we need to be careful of these prognostications.

When Wiltfong and Trieu talk, people listen. Those 2 are pretty good. Most don't matter.

Totally agree, they are generally rock solid. There are some others from local team sites. In Lachey's case, someone (can't remember his name) from the buckeye site projected Lachey to Iowa. I'm sure he had insight.

In Lachey's case, someone (can't remember his name) from the buckeye site projected Lachey to Iowa. I'm sure he had insight.
I have to guess it might have been Bill Greene. He's the only OSU-Ohio analyst I pay any attention to - the others just follow along like many analysts from all over the country do. Greene seems to be on top of things

I have to guess it might have been Bill Greene. He's the only OSU-Ohio analyst I pay any attention to - the others just follow along like many analysts from all over the country do. Greene seems to be on top of things

You are correct, Bill Greene is who I was referring to.

Last edited:
When Wiltfong and Trieu talk, people listen. Those 2 are pretty good. Most don't matter.
Those guys are the "pile jumpers" of the prognosticators ... they usually wait and make their predictions late based on social-media posts and the like. If you do that, it's a lot easier to keep your average up.

Wiltfong changed his crystal ball for a Nebraska recruit from ND to Nebraska, the morning that recruit committed to ND. I would assume he won’t be using that source anymore.

Those guys are the "pile jumpers" of the prognosticators ... they usually wait and make their predictions late based on social-media posts and the like. If you do that, it's a lot easier to keep your average up.

Pile Jumpers, I like it. Seems like everybody piles on in the end to make their % higher.

I've been watching these for some time and it looks to me that there are a few in the know and everyone else are followers. Also, forecasts from some teams web site are more guess work and hope than being in the know.

Good example was Lachey, he was 100% a MSU lean and after his Iowa visit several new crystal ball forecasts projected the Hawks and everyone changed to Iowa as fast as rats fleeing a sinking ship.

So I think we need to be careful of these prognostications.
Careful of click bait scouting sites? Nah. They have the best evaluators of talent in the world...that has never relied on said talent to do their jobs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT