ADVERTISEMENT

Cubs - Marquee Network - Cannot escape grasp of Beth Mowins

I was already pissed that I’d have to sign up and pay extra money for the Marque Network. The fact that Beth Mowens is the announcer was the clincher for me never signing up. Smart move baseball. While struggling to gain fans, baseball doubles down on making it harder to watch games.

Reactions: LuciousBDragon
Meh, I don't even notice her, and she's only doing a handful of games, right? If this is what Cubs fans are worried about (And, I am not sure there are many of them in this thread), then the on the field product will be less cringe worthy.

I assume this is just a novelty publicity stunt for a spring training game that the Cubs are doing. There is no way they will use her during the regular season. Can't imagine new hire Boog Sciambi would be cool with her taking his job here and there. Only thing I could possibly picture is if they want to squeeze her in for a Wednesday afternoon game against the Mariners.

Reactions: LuteHawk
FingernailsChalkboard1.png

Meh, I don't even notice her, and she's only doing a handful of games, right? If this is what Cubs fans are worried about (And, I am not sure there are many of them in this thread), then the on the field product will be less cringe worthy.
Im pissed at the Ricketts for lying and crying poor but it's laughable to call a lineup of Willy, Riz, Nico, Javy, KB, Joc, Happ, Heyward "cringe worthy" with what they are capable of. The pitching will be frustrating but it's still a solid roster compared to actual cringe worthy teams like 10-14 were

ADVERTISEMENT