ADVERTISEMENT

Culture at OSU?

HerkHawl

HB All-State
May 11, 2007
Iowa gets a lot of slack in the community for the gambling, tampering, etc but there should be some discussion of what's going on at OSU under Taylor. I posted on their rival site but it was not approved by the moderator.

In the last few months, under Taylor, Sam Smith, C. Young, T Jamison, Cael Hughes and Jordan Williams were busted for DUI/alcohol related offenses. Jacari Winchester was also let go from the Club. And of the above, only Jordan Williams was kicked off the team. I know Aaron Brooks has made allegations of Taylor being racist (which sucks if untrue) but when you have 5 people busted for alcohol-related offenses and only the black athlete gets let's go....eyebrows get raised. Mineo, please discuss.

And what does this say for the new culture....3 months is a long time to lay the groundwork. Apparently, there is a 0-tolerance policy with alcohol

Iowa gets a lot of slack in the community for the gambling, tampering, etc but there should be some discussion of what's going on at OSU under Taylor. I posted on their rival site but it was not approved by the moderator.

In the last few months, under Taylor, Sam Smith, C. Young, T Jamison, Cael Hughes and Jordan Williams were busted for DUI/alcohol related offenses. Jacari Winchester was also let go from the Club. And of the above, only Jordan Williams was kicked off the team. I know Aaron Brooks has made allegations of Taylor being racist (which sucks if untrue) but when you have 5 people busted for alcohol-related offenses and only the black athlete gets let's go....eyebrows get raised. Mineo, please discuss.

And what does this say for the new culture....3 months is a long time to lay the groundwork. Apparently, there is a 0-tolerance policy with alcohol
Sounded like it was his third offense in a year…not quite 0 tolerance

where did AB make allegations of DT being racist???h
I think it was him and/or him and Starocci is interview(s) after Brooks beat him. Go sleuth for yourselves....

Why they get rid of World Champ women who is seldom in the room but brings in 20k being with Titan Mercury.

But, back to culture, 5 alcohol offenses in a few month period? Imagine what would be said of Tom and Terry.

I think it was him and/or him and Starocci is interview(s) after Brooks beat him. Go sleuth for yourselves....

Why they get rid of World Champ women who is seldom in the room but brings in 20k being with Titan Mercury.

But, back to culture, 5 alcohol offenses in a few month period? Imagine what would be said of Tom and Terry.
Tom suspended Rathjen for his alcohol related charges. Hes the only one I can think of who has serious drinking charges on the team.

Um, who cares about OSU's culture?

I am more interested in what is going on at iowa (good or bad).

If there are culture issues at another school, unless it impacts transfers or recruits in Iowa's favor, it has no impact on me.

If there are culture issues at another school, unless it impacts transfers or recruits in Iowa's favor, it has no impact on me.
I'm sorry, I'll run all posts through you next time. The fact that I started a separate thread with the title OSU, and you clicked on it, suggests you do care. And, if you can read, Williams was let go and Cael Hughes and Carter Young are in the dog house, and will likely be at the same weight in the near future. But, instead of thanking me for information you knew nothing about, you decide to be self righteous.

And with Mineo and others all over Iowa for tampering, gambling, etc...I am giving them a suggestion to go fish where the fishin' is hot.

• Haha
Reactions: hogghawk and foxb

"more interested" in what's going on at Iowa, also suggests you are interested to a lesser degree of what is happening elsewhere.

Sounds like DT cleaning out a repeat offender. Good on him.

And sounds like you're here to stir up some sh1t and drop some racial allegations. Bad on you.

Sounds like DT cleaning out a repeat offender. Good on him.

And sounds like you're here to stir up some sh1t and drop some racial allegations. Bad on you.
I am repeating what I heard. Shame on me. 5 kids busted for alcohol.
One let go from the team.
One World Champs kicked off team.
Brooks has some nasty things about Taylor, implying race.
If informing the Board of what is happening elsewhere makes me a trouble maker, then I guess I'm a trouble maker.
There will always be people on this board that will degrade the poster or fight regardless what is posted.

i watched those interviews. he said nothing about DT being racist. that would have been enormous news, don’t you think?

is jacarra even competing anymore? and isn’t his rumored first rtc acquisition supposed to be rby?

osu culture was broken when he got there. that’s one reason why they needed to clean house with the staff. williams is a repeat offender. also, i didn’t hear anything about this other guys. where did you see that?

i watched those interviews. he said nothing about DT being racist. that would have been enormous news, don’t you think?

is jacarra even competing anymore? and isn’t his rumored first rtc acquisition supposed to be rby?

osu culture was broken when he got there. that’s one reason why they needed to clean house with the staff. williams is a repeat offender. also, i didn’t hear anything about this other guys. where did you see that?
Not sure about RBY.
Cleaning house means cleaning house. They were busted but still on the team.
I believe she is still competing or she wouldn't be pissed she was let go. Regarding race, there is some smoke there but maybe my comment should have been softened. Regarding the others, all true. Sam Smith and Cael Hughes were in the car, and drinking, but did not get arrested, only Jamison did.

I read that Williams was still on probation for his first offense, so this will be more than a double whammy for him legally. Different in degree if not in kind than the others who have gotten in trouble recently. And OkSt's extracurricular issues have been pretty well known for quite a while. I'd give DT the benefit of the doubt and a little more than a few months to completely recast the entire team culture.

where did AB make allegations of DT being racist???

things-that-didn%27t-happen-jeopardy.gif

Oh so past offenses transcend overhaul coaching changes?

No way should a slate be wiped clean for a coaching change. Still the same school and program.

Here’s a great thing about message boards: one can engage in numerous discussions at the same time about any variety of topics. Having subject lines for each thread feeds into this. If the subject is clear enough (in this case it was crystal), a user who isn’t interested in the topic can simply not click into the threads, read them, or offer comments.

At this point couldn’t you just link the interview you are alleging Brooks said that. It seems like that would have been “conversation worthy “ so kind of sucky for you to throw that out there. Rival or not.

At this point couldn’t you just link the interview you are alleging Brooks said that. It seems like that would have been “conversation worthy “ so kind of sucky for you to throw that out there. Rival or not.
You are repeating something mentioned above several times. I said it was a comment under Starroci's post on X, it has since been deleted. I also said I should have softened my original statement. But thanks for adding nothing new. Focus on the point that 5 wrestlers at OSU have had alcohol infractions in the past 3 months and one was kicked off the team. That is new news to everyone on here.

You are repeating something mentioned above several times. I said it was a comment under Starroci's post on X, it has since been deleted. I also said I should have softened my original statement. But thanks for adding nothing new. Focus on the point that 5 wrestlers at OSU have had alcohol infractions in the past 3 months and one was kicked off the team. That is new news to everyone on here.

Simple fix: Have said reference to "racial stuff" before posting it. But yea, hadn't heard about all the DUIs down there...No uber there in Stillwater? Also didn't know about Winchester getting bounced.

Reactions: HerkHawl
Simple fix: Have said reference to "racial stuff" before posting it. But yea, hadn't heard about all the DUIs down there...No uber there in Stillwater? Also didn't know about Winchester getting bounced.
Thanks Chief, lesson learned. Like I mentioned the Micic news last year with being overweight at Worlds, there was smoke. Now it seems to be true. I heard and saw something about race, but I should have either not said it, cited it, or softened the language (but that might be what is being said to a blue-chip athlete out of IL right now, smoke). The hard thing is that some people have information first hand or from reliable sources - considering how incestuous wrestling is - but we can't cite how we know. I mean Metcalf is at ISU, Perry is as ISU, Taylor is at OSU, Voinovich is at Iowa....information travels if you are in the in. At least I kept my mouth shut about Buchanan coming over. I did break Carroll to ISU lol... :)

Last edited:
And my main point in all this was: Iowa has stones thrown at it all the time by teams/fans that live in glass houses. And culture is Taylor's big thing. Hell, they have a no swearing policy on the team, and no chewing at Gallagher. Kennedy said to the one of the athlete's "What the fu&;k were you thinking, and someone replied, "Coach, I thought we can't swear. :)

And my main point in all this was: Iowa has stones thrown at it all the time by teams/fans that live in glass houses. And culture is Taylor's big thing. Hell, they have a no swearing policy on the team, and no chewing at Gallagher. Kennedy said to the one of the athlete's "What the fu&;k were you thinking, and someone replied, "Coach, I thought we can't swear. :)
But I apologize, OIL doesn't come on here for this type of information

David Taylor isn't racist. There isn't many racists around anymore but it's the boogeyman being kept alive to keep everyone divided.

It was actually in the comments in an X post made by Starroci, so I stand corrected. But it was still said, and ironically, has since been deleted. It was under the loyalty post!

Was it some random poster that responded to CStar's post? I'm not sure how you associated that with AB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT