ADVERTISEMENT

CULTURE CHANGE-R WE SEEING THE IMPACT

Cresthawk

HR Heisman
Oct 8, 2002
The fallout from the whole racial/cultural blow up is coming home to roost. We struggle to recruit difference making athletes and when we do they go to the defensive side. The entire philosophy of complimentary football requires having the physical ability to win one on one battles when needed in all phases of the game. We apparently don't have that. We are operating an offensive system that demands oline excellence that we can't deliver for one or many reasons.

The lack of Oline continuity and development are obvious and a new position coach who is somewhat soft spoken and a new SC coach who isn't as demanding (or demeaning) combined with continued recruiting of projects for this position (any doubt about this consider the last two centers have had to be switched from the d line where they were recruited to.) appear to lead to a point where we can't perform at a minimum level against average opposition talent. The Colby saga is really an example of the curious approach to this group for those of us that watched this develop thru high school.

The WR position continues to challenge the coaching staff in recruiting, retention and development. With the current offensive offensiveness and the national narrative playing out in the national sports media the challenge for the coaching staff will increase in the next few years.

What ever elixir the Good Captn enjoys, it seems to me to be a real reach to think that Brian Ferentz could somehow be a passable QB coach. Even in better times the evaluation, training and development of QBs under the good Captn has been uneven at best and we're witnessing the end result of that measured approach.

Lots of places to go with this but it appears that we are headed in the wrong direction. We've played two teams that will be among the weakest on our schedule. We haven't performed very well and appear destined for an ugly year one way or another. Have we hit the proverbial wall with the program and does this correlate (from a timing standpoint) with the "changes" that resulted from the cultural issues that the program fostered? Recruiting-development-coaching- system and culture.

This entire mess rests at the feet of the head coach and AD. Thank you Good Captain for a great 23 years on the whole...but it is time even if it makes it appear the dirtbags won.

The fallout from the whole racial/cultural blow up is coming home to roost. We struggle to recruit difference making athletes and when we do they go to the defensive side. The entire philosophy of complimentary football requires having the physical ability to win one on one battles when needed in all phases of the game. We apparently don't have that. We are operating an offensive system that demands oline excellence that we can't deliver for one or many reasons.

The lack of Oline continuity and development are obvious and a new position coach who is somewhat soft spoken and a new SC coach who isn't as demanding (or demeaning) combined with continued recruiting of projects for this position (any doubt about this consider the last two centers have had to be switched from the d line where they were recruited to.) appear to lead to a point where we can't perform at a minimum level against average opposition talent. The Colby saga is really an example of the curious approach to this group for those of us that watched this develop thru high school.

The WR position continues to challenge the coaching staff in recruiting, retention and development. With the current offensive offensiveness and the national narrative playing out in the national sports media the challenge for the coaching staff will increase in the next few years.

What ever elixir the Good Captn enjoys, it seems to me to be a real reach to think that Brian Ferentz could somehow be a passable QB coach. Even in better times the evaluation, training and development of QBs under the good Captn has been uneven at best and we're witnessing the end result of that measured approach.

Lots of places to go with this but it appears that we are headed in the wrong direction. We've played two teams that will be among the weakest on our schedule. We haven't performed very well and appear destined for an ugly year one way or another. Have we hit the proverbial wall with the program and does this correlate (from a timing standpoint) with the "changes" that resulted from the cultural issues that the program fostered? Recruiting-development-coaching- system and culture.

This entire mess rests at the feet of the head coach and AD. Thank you Good Captain for a great 23 years on the whole...but it is time even if it makes it appear the dirtbags won.
So wrong.

This is too long and insanely dumb

I'll let the "but ten wins" crowd handle this but OP doesn't seem to follow recruiting, even on a recruiting site like this. Horrendous take, OP. Care to give us your insight on what was wrong 2010-14? Just kidding. Kirk and Brian's ongoing offensive ineptitude is the problem. Period

We struggle to recruit difference making athletes and when we do they go to the defensive side
I quit reading here. We’ve actually had better recruiting in recent years overall to include the skill positions. Keagan Johnson, Arland Bruce, and the last few RBs we’ve gotten have all been 4* Getting Nwankpa and Proctor in the new age of NIL money is also evidence the staff can still sell the program. Shit we somehow secured a 4* QB over the weekend after the previous 2 abysmal offensive showings. This season might be average at best, but if we can at least make some real changes in the offseason to address the offense I think we escape a complete collapse. Whether cpt Kirk is willing to make said change remains to be seen, I wouldn’t bet on it though.

I quit reading here. We’ve actually had better recruiting in recent years overall to include the skill positions. Keagan Johnson, Arland Bruce, and the last few RBs we’ve gotten have all been 4* Getting Nwankpa and Proctor in the new age of NIL money is also evidence the staff can still sell the program. Shit we somehow secured a 4* QB over the weekend after the previous 2 abysmal offensive showings. This season might be average at best, but if we can at least make some real changes in the offseason to address the offense I think we escape a complete collapse. Whether cpt Kirk is willing to make said change remains to be seen, I wouldn’t bet on it though.
This year is proof that he will not make the offensive changes everybody was hoping for…

Reactions: Ronman

Maybe the lawsuit would be a good way to show Brian the door

This year is proof that he will not make the offensive changes everybody was hoping for…
So far absolutely, but he’s gotta do something after this season right? I mean if this season goes down the shitter after selling out season tickets and dropping to rock bottom in all of FBS *in terms of offense; the noise would be deafening / it’s already quite loud from the national media. Barta should step in if Kirk’s not willing to make the change. Blows my mind Barta is/was the playoff committee chair who analyzes and selects the best football teams in the country and is somehow also overseeing the most lopsided football coaching hack-job in the country.

Yeah, unlikely…very unlikely. Nice essay though

Reactions: dean_oliver222
Uh...nope. Can't say not be culturally insensitive has anything to do with receiver route patterns that are less complicated than most high school teams.

Reactions: David1979
I am gonna go out on a limb and say its got more to do with a bad offensive coordinator who is now in charge of the QB's, therefore making things worse. And a head coach who is covering for his son until he is able to exercise his golden parachute. Beathard>Stanley>Petras.....I see a trend and its gonna get worse.

Reactions: SI_NYC
So we go 6-2 and 10-2 (regular season) after the culture change. If anything, seems like a positive. But we are struggling 3 years later and now you get to blame it on the culture change. You are just trying to fit the facts to your political point of view as opposed to objectively assessing the weight of the evidence.

That's interesting. Adults that serve(d) in the military perpetually act like children in my experience. Not to mention usually don't have the highest IQs.
That’s simply not true. Are there dumbshits in the military? Of course. There are also a lot of really bright people as well, just like most large groups of diverse people.

Lol. I remember when people on here were blaming the penalties we had against Purdue in 2020 on Doyle being gone. This board is funny.
Everyone is grasping for straws to place blame on the current situation.
It's a opinion forum.

That's interesting. Adults that serve(d) in the military perpetually act like children in my experience. Not to mention usually don't have the highest IQs.
You make a statement about something you know nothing about.
Slandering the people who protect your right to the freedoms you take for granted.
I will go out on a limb and say you could not handle boot camp in any way shape or form.

So we go 6-2 and 10-2 (regular season) after the culture change. If anything, seems like a positive. But we are struggling 3 years later and now you get to blame it on the culture change. You are just trying to fit the facts to your political point of view as opposed to objectively assessing the weight of the evidence.

Do you think the impact of what has happened would need to be immediate? I don't. I'm not sure where you would find a political message in this unless you are looking to color everything you see with a political brush.

Marine Corp boot camp produces men, safe places do not

oh-great-more-bullshit-bazarack.gif

Reactions: littlez
There is only one place to point the finger. This is Kirk's program from top to bottom. If there are problems, it is up to him to fix them. Instead, he has detoured to making sure his son is taken care of and possibly put in line for his job when he leaves. This is not part of his job objectives and the fact he double downed over the past off season makes me wonder just how close he is to packing it in. Unfortunately, the plan was flawed as Junior wasn't prepared for the job and is currently being vilified by the fans and media and is hardly the heir apparent. The question now is, how many Ferentzs make an exit from this quagmire.

I am gonna go out on a limb and say its got more to do with a bad offensive coordinator who is now in charge of the QB's, therefore making things worse. And a head coach who is covering for his son until he is able to exercise his golden parachute. Beathard>Stanley>Petras.....I see a trend and its gonna get worse.
This, right here!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT