ADVERTISEMENT

Cures for Severe Anxiety?

Sex with a woman (or man if thats your choice) or your right hand
I know some probably see it as a joke but it definitely can help. I deal with anxiety often and many of the other suggestions here (exercise, good therapist, healthy diet, limiting alcohol etc) help, but the big difference for me is this. Having a healthy sex life has really helped the most at keeping my anxiety at bay. So try to find a way to make your sex life as healthy as possible if it isn't already.

I had anxiety/PA fairly bad back in my 20s. The best thing I did was meet a group of friends that showed me to stop caring so much about the things I was hung up on. The other was desensitizing myself to whatever my triggers were at the time. Push yourself to do the things that you are worried about over and over.

This is good advice,.. Stop trying to control the many things that a person can't control, but don't shy away from addressing the things you can.

Check out the book The Happiness Trap. It’s based on acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)—which is to embrace your thoughts and feelings rather than fighting or feeling guilty for them. ACT may seem counterintuitive but accepting where you are at and still choosing to build a life of contentment (which is not the same as happiness) around it can help alleviate anxiety.

Also, there are plenty of different classes and subclasses of psychiatric medications that some people respond better to than others. Be honest with your doctor, they may want to try something else. Never stop on your own. I’d recommend against polypharmacy with THC or CBD and psychiatric drugs until you talk to your doctor—there can be significant interactions if they are metabolized by the same P450 enzymes. For example, CBD is a potent inhibitor of CYP3A4 and CYP2D6. Since CYP3A4 metabolizes 25% of all drugs and 2D6 metabolizes plenty of antidepressants, CBD may increase serum concentrations of certain psychiatric and non-psychiatric drugs you might be taking. Just make sure you talk to your doctor before trying anything.
ACT was a game changer for me. For real.

Reactions: Fluffles
I have been suffering from it for about two years now due to trauma I see a therapist, am taking a lot of meds, doing the breathing things, etc. But it just is not working. Taking the quality of life out of my life. It is getting worse. Any ideas?
First off ... sorry to hear you are experiencing anxiety. Anxiety absolutely can turn our lives side ways. Speaking from experience, and as someone who recently stepped away from work due to anxiety/panic attacks ... here is what helps me:

1. Exercise
2. Exercise (can't stress this enough
3. Avoid alcohol and caffeine
4. Get outside (just sitting outside or taking in a walk ... soak in that Vitamin D)
5. Drink a lot of water ... water can help manage anxiety
6. Get enough sleep (however, when experiencing anxiety sleep can go out the window)
7. I keep in contact with my Dr. to check in on how I am doing ... I do now take a "happy pill" ... The pill has definitely helped ... but not without the steps I mentioned above ...

These are steps I continue to take to take to keep anxiety at bay ... It's hard to convey to others what anxiety is like ...especially if someone has not experienced it ...

My best to you ... You will manage through this ... One day at a time ...

Thanks for the advice guys. I really appreciate it. Suffering from severe anxiety is tough to explain to people. One thing I do is drink to much Diet Coke. Caffeine is bad for anxiety.

Get a dog, exercise and....
giphy.gif

JK.

I’d honestly exercise, get a dog abs go for long walks. Life will be better tomorrow too. Then the next day, and the day after.

The good thing about it is I don't have it during the day much at all. I can function at work. The bad thing is late afternoon/evening I get it really bad. That is when the trauma occurred. I actually take sleeping pills now to help relax and get rest.

The good thing about it is I don't have it during the day much at all. I can function at work. The bad thing is late afternoon/evening I get it really bad. That is when the trauma occurred. I actually take sleeping pills now to help relax and get rest.

Late in the day/evening is also the time when you’re not focused on work. So it gets your mind racing and probably increases the anxiety. When you’re done working, go for a nice long walk or get a good workout in. Any form of exercise will help with the anxiety

Reactions: ELCHawk and torbee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT