ADVERTISEMENT

Current Recruiting Targets

David1979

HR Legend
Oct 17, 2013
Just thought I would I would create this lists of possible additions besides the guys they already have committed ( I included Jestin Jacobs since it seems like his commit is still up in the air):

DE
Prince Okituama
https://247sports.com/Player/Prince-Okituama-46077128/

Keith Randolph

Kristian Varner

DB
Darius Gooden (although he looks like he could be a OLB or LB/S hybrid like Hooker)

Josh DeBerry

LB
Clyde Price

Jestin Jacobs

RB

Kay'ron Adams

Josh Henderson

Shadrick Byrd

WR
Tre'von Morgan

Charles Njoku
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/charles-njoku-197421

TE
Justin Stephens

Tyler Foster

Nikolas Hea
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/nikolas-hea-235163

Last edited:
Kay'ron loooks underrated, did I just watch akrum?
Just looked at a minute or two of his tape. I can see why Iowa wants him. Great feet and vision and a nice burst..IMO nobody on roster right now has this skill set, perhaps incoming RB Goodson does.

Would be wasting some nice talent if he stays with Rutgers but has other good offers. He runs inside and outside and up the gut, which was nice to see. Sweeps, inside zone, etc, would be a nice addition to class. Akrum you say? In one highlight he does the "sprinter tape break" move, nice. Also returns kicks..sign him up!

Just looked at a minute or two of his tape. I can see why Iowa wants him. Great feet and vision and a nice burst..IMO nobody on roster right now has this skill set, perhaps incoming RB Goodson does.

Would be wasting some nice talent if he stays with Rutgers but has other good offers. He runs inside and outside and up the gut, which was nice to see. Sweeps, inside zone, etc, would be a nice addition to class. Akrum you say? In one highlight he does the "sprinter tape break" move, nice. Also returns kicks..sign him up!
From same HS as James and L Daniels, they both seemed to be great fits at Iowa- should bode well for us

Henderson is likely to stay with UNC as he officially visited last weekend but that could change if the new (and unnamed) OC and Mack Brown change TE and RB coaches. Henderson looks like the bigger back but maybe Iowa feels 2020 instate RB propsect Gavin Williams is the better choice.

Tre'Von Morgan would be nice.

It would be nice to bring in a couple tall receivers in this class. I see ISU has offered as well.

Reactions: Harbinger273
Randolph is part of that East St. Louis area that is either Illini or Mizzou, hard for Iowa to get a foot in the door. Randolph plays HS BB with this year's Top 50 MBB recruit E. J. Liddell. A scoring machine.

Lovie is pulling out all the stoppers to save the Illini football program. He hired a big time Missouri HS coach for recruiting the St. Louis area this year. Secret bonuses for 4 star talents (key: jingle Chevy Blazer keys).

Reactions: hawkhorn
So far Yahwey Jeudy and Kay'ron Adams are coming in this weekend for official visits.
Safe to say right now with visits and trends that we are likely to flip these 2. I like some of the guys that are coming out of the woodwork right now. Interested to see if there will any developments at TE.

Reactions: David1979
Safe to say right now with visits and trends that we are likely to flip these 2. I like some of the guys that are coming out of the woodwork right now. Interested to see if there will any developments at TE.

Wonder if with TE they are taking a wait and see approach. Maybe keeping a couple guys warm to see what Hockenson does.

I still don't understand how we aren't loaded every year with 4 star CBs and OL.

Edit: Add TE to that list.

Because this is a decision made with the heart, not the head. And the heart (and head for that matter) of a 17 year old kid is all over the place.

Josey Jewell was a 2-star don't you know. No need to offer the big boy 4 star guys.

You must be new here. You get destroyed here usually for merely suggesting that they go harder after 4 star guys.
Enlighten me on how "going harder" will magically increase our recruiting levels.

This isn't some static ability that is or isn't there. They're dealing with human beings dude, there has to be mutual interest. It's pretty difficult to land guys when they're not interested in the first place.

LaPorta put up good numbers at the Lindenwood Camp as a junior.

4.61 forty
39" vertical
9'9" broad jump
Playing Wideout in high school, I'm thinking we might be looking at Hockenson 2.0.
Receiving totals
Senior Varsity 12 68 1457 21.4 121.4 69 19tds
Junior Varsity 13 67 1387 20.7 106.7 65 20tds

Last edited:
Yep, very few clips of blocking but as you said TJ was pretty much in the same boat in HS. Not sure of competition level but has very good hands and some wheels!
Tell you wut, he come to Iowa and we gon lern him how tuh blok!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT