ADVERTISEMENT

#24 Ranked 2021 Class After Deavin Hilson & OL Michael Myslinski COMMIT.

The transfer portal kids are an unknown on so many levels. I remember the excitement with Cronk and Heflin a year ago. I know 2020 was cluster$#@%, but neither seemed that productive in their one year at Iowa.

And before I catch crap for my comment... no, I never played D-1 sports. ;)

Huh? Heflin was very solid this year. Played our incredibly hard 2-gap system very well.

giphy.gif

We need a third Williams to go with Gavin and Leshon at the running back position. Oh, and add in Sanders once he sees the high 3 and 4 star offensive line that will be waiting for him in IC tomorrow. That would be awesome if they could be there to say we are here to open holes for you: Colby (4), Davidkov (4), Stephens (4), Dunker (3), and possibly center Mylinski (3) with crystal balls to Iowa from a lot of recruiting predictions. Love to see it happen. That’s one hell of a line.

Reactions: David1979
Reactions: Franisdaman
Seems like Sanders is Iowa's top choice of the 3 recent RB offers, but he might be leaning towards Iowa State. Hunter seems to be trending to Auburn, and Kendrell Williams may be the likeliest Iowa commit assuming he flips from Louisiana. Does that seem accurate?

I’m getting the feeling Sanders might not even make the visit. This Williams kid is probably the guy they get. Going to need to land a couple RBs next year.

I’m getting the feeling Sanders might not even make the visit. This Williams kid is probably the guy they get. Going to need to land a couple RBs next year.

I agree and would be a good get for ISU. Unlike some people with the “we didn’t want him anyway” that is not the case. But like I said in another post there is a difference between a season or 2 and a program. ISU has 3 top 25 finishes in 100 years. Kirk has that many in the last 3 years. And I am sure when this kid commits to ISU some ISU fans will claim it means ISU is taking over, a storm is brewing or whatever. But I mean including this year what is Kirk’s record going head to head on recruits with ISU since MC has been there? I would bet KF has won probably close to 90 percent on the kids both schools offered. Like I said though, assuming Sanders goes to ISU, kudos to them. But I mean we will still be ranked in the 20’s and ISU in the 50’s in recruiting rankings and we are taking fewer kids.

And it is a landslide Iowa victory in terms of which program puts players in the NFL.

Comparing IOWA to Iowa State over Last 3 Years

On Dec 28, 2020:

IOWA:

33 former Hawks were on NFL Active Rosters
+ 3 more on Practice Squads

Iowa State:
5 former Clowns were on NFL Active Rosters
+ 2 more on Practice Squads

THE 2020 DETAILS:

Iowa State

AJ Klein, LB, Bills
David Montgomery, Bears
Allen Lazard, Packers
Kelechi Osemele, Chiefs
Jamal Perry, Dolphins

Hakeen Butler, Eagles, PRACTICE SQUAD
Matt Leo, Eagles, PRACTICE SQUAD; an Australian, is part of the International Player Pathway program.

Iowa:

2019 & 2018

@HawkeyeFootball took 37 players to NFL camps in the summer of 2019.

Check out this breakdown comparison:

# Players Making 53 man NFL Rosters

28: IOWA
5: Clown U

# Players Making an NFL Practice Squad:
6: IOWA
2: Clown U

26: IOWA

4: IOWA (Rudock & Willies don't count)
2: Clown U.

And it is a landslide Iowa victory in terms of which program puts players in the NFL.

On Dec 28, 2020:

IOWA:

Iowa State:

THE 2020 DETAILS:

Iowa State

AJ Klein, LB, Bills
David Montgomery, Bears
Allen Lazard, Packers
Kelechi Osemele, Chiefs
Jamal Perry, Dolphins

Matt Leo, Eagles, PRACTICE SQUAD; an Australian, is part of the International Player Pathway program.

Iowa:

2019 & 2018

They will put several in the NFL in the next draft. I know they can’t compete with Iowas history on that but things seem to be changing for them on that front.

Yes, Foster and company are desparate.

Shame it's so hard for us to get a quality running back.
No reason why we shouldn’t be getting a 4 ⭐️ back, at least every other year. If u can’t get one stud then go get a Leshon Daniels clone to pair with Goodson & Gavin Williams. We signed a great class except TE & RB. Brian Ferentz moving on, would be my first wish. Most overrated coach I’ve ever seen at Iowa.

On Dec 28, 2020:

IOWA:

Iowa State:

THE 2020 DETAILS:

Iowa State

AJ Klein, LB, Bills
David Montgomery, Bears
Allen Lazard, Packers
Kelechi Osemele, Chiefs
Jamal Perry, Dolphins

Iowa:

2019 & 2018

Great decision on leaving early there Geno.

Recruits considering Iowa and Iowa State should ask themselves why the Hawkeyes signed 11 recruits with a Cyclone offer while the Cyclones only signed 1 with an Iowa offer. (Jaylin Noel didn’t have an Iowa offer any longer when he committed to ISU.)

Name the players the Cyclones will have taken in the 2021 draft.
Hall, Kolar, Eisworth. Maybe Purdy if he goes. Really surprised Eisworth and Kolar stayed, I can't imagine their age another year is gonna help their draft stock.

Hall, Kolar, Eisworth. Maybe Purdy if he goes. Really surprised Eisworth and Kolar stayed, I can't imagine their age another year is gonna help their draft stock.
I always think this is an interesting point. A players peak physical performance is going to generally come between the ages 25-30, so an extra year in school on a 4 year rookie contract makes little to no difference, unless you are concerned about wear and tear.

Franny didn't see this before starting a new thread my bad...
its fine; the early enrollees are an interesting topic because they are gonna get a jump on the others when it comes to taking classes, getting accustomed to campus, working out, learning the play book, building chemistry with teammates, etc

I would imagine Arland, Keagan and Brody will be at the facility catching balls from Deuce & Spencer, for example

Reactions: BigOHawk
Campbell continues to struggle to put players in the NFL.

In the first four drafts when he was coach at Iowa, Ferentz had 11 players drafted.

Campbell has only had 2 players drafted in that same period. Ferentz had twice as many former walk-ons drafted in that time frame .

The enormous gap between Hawkeyes and Cyclones in the NFL will only widen this year, when Iowa will have 4-5 players drafted while the Cyclones will have 1 at best.

Campbell continues to struggle to put players in the NFL.

In the first four drafts when he was coach at Iowa, Ferentz had 11 players drafted.

Campbell has only had 2 players drafted in that same period. Ferentz had twice as many former walk-ons drafted in that time frame .

The enormous gap between Hawkeyes and Cyclones in the NFL will only widen this year, when Iowa will have 4-5 players drafted while the Cyclones will have 1 at best.

4 star WR Keagan Johnson came out & said that a huge reason he picked Iowa is that Iowa puts people in the NFL & Nebraska does not.

These kids are paying close attention to the NFL factory located in Iowa City, Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT