ADVERTISEMENT

Cutting welfare to illegal aliens would pay for Trump’s wall

Rushesright

HR All-State
Jul 17, 2005
Mexico won’t have to pay for the wall, after all. US taxpayers won’t have to pick up the tab, either. The controversial barrier, rather, will cover its own cost just by closing the border to illegal immigrants who tend to go on the federal dole.

That’s the finding of recent immigration studies showing the $18 billion wall President Trump plans to build along the southern border will pay for itself by curbing the importation of not only crime and drugs, but poverty.

“The wall could pay for itself even if it only modestly reduced illegal crossings and drug smuggling,” Steven A. Camarota, director of research at the Center for Immigration Studies, told The Post.

If a wall stopped 50 percent of those expected crossings, he says, it would save American taxpayers a whopping $64 billion — almost four times the wall’s cost — to say nothing of the additional billions in federal savings from reduced federal drug interdiction and border-security enforcement.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/10/cutti...Uw26kHayyjp9sxoxQiECJSSl0Gcej9EohsrdIyY-TUNEs

While the national media routinely report that illegal immigrants don’t go on welfare, Camarota says this is a pervasive myth. While in most cases they can’t legally qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid or other public benefits, the reality is that the vast majority of households headed by illegal immigrants are on welfare through their children.

The US Census Bureau’s latest “survey of income and program participation” shows that 62 percent of illegal-immigrant-headed households are on the federal dole — more than double the rate for households headed by native-born Americans. And that includes households where one or more workers are present in the household.

Reactions: INXS83
While the national media routinely report that illegal immigrants don’t go on welfare, Camarota says this is a pervasive myth. While in most cases they can’t legally qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid or other public benefits, the reality is that the vast majority of households headed by illegal immigrants are on welfare through their children.

The US Census Bureau’s latest “survey of income and program participation” shows that 62 percent of illegal-immigrant-headed households are on the federal dole — more than double the rate for households headed by native-born Americans. And that includes households where one or more workers are present in the household.
Probably because they have crappy jobs that native-born Americans won’t work to include working the fields, custodial jobs or in meat-packing plants. Low pay and no benefits would lead them to likely have their children on some program and they are most likely born in the US too.

So, their "children" or "relatives" are on welfare. They aren't counted in the welfare.

Got it.

Their use of US welfare is highest for food stamps and Medicaid, data show.

Though welfare use among illegal immigrants is much more associated with children, “childless illegal households still use some welfare programs at surprisingly high rates,” Camarota pointed out.

Some collect federal benefits through fraud or administrative errors or through green-card holders. But in the case of Medicaid, pregnant women illegally in the country can sometimes be enrolled in the program.

There is also an Emergency Medicaid program that covers predominantly illegal immigrants. Funds from the multibillion-dollar program go to hospitals to offset the cost of treating adult illegal aliens who can’t pay their bills. And it’s not just for ER visits. In New York, the program can be used to provide chemotherapy and radiation therapy for illegal immigrants.

In addition, Camarota said the IRS each year pays out billions to illegal immigrants in refundable child tax credits and the earned income tax credit.

Reactions: INXS83
No. Mexico’s going to pay for it. The President’s not some cuck that’d back down from that promise.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
“The cost of the DREAM Act has been estimated as very large — a $26 billion net cost in the first 10 years,” Camarota noted.

Indeed, the Congressional Budget Office recently estimated that 3 million DREAM Act recipients would receive an estimated $12 billion-plus in ObamaCare subsidies, more than $5.5 billion in Medicaid benefits, $5.5 billion in earned-income and child-tax credits and more than $2 billion in food stamps.

I wonder what the cost will be when only native born folks can do all of the work our society requires.
Figure out a real migration (immigration) policy, since our birth rate will not cover the needs.
Penalize those who hire illegals if you want reform. Guess who would be in the cross hairs then...

Though welfare use among illegal immigrants is much more associated with children, “childless illegal households still use some welfare programs at surprisingly high rates,” Camarota pointed out.

Some collect federal benefits through fraud or administrative errors or through green-card holders. But in the case of Medicaid, pregnant women illegally in the country can sometimes be enrolled in the program.

There is also an Emergency Medicaid program that covers predominantly illegal immigrants. Funds from the multibillion-dollar program go to hospitals to offset the cost of treating adult illegal aliens who can’t pay their bills. And it’s not just for ER visits. In New York, the program can be used to provide chemotherapy and radiation therapy for illegal immigrants.

In addition, Camarota said the IRS each year pays out billions to illegal immigrants in refundable child tax credits and the earned income tax credit.

Sounds like most of what Camarota has is speculation and innuendo....

I wonder what the cost will be when only native born folks can do all of the work our society requires.
Figure out a real migration (immigration) policy, since our birth rate will not cover the needs.
Penalize those who hire illegals if you want reform. Guess who would be in the cross hairs then...
Wow, the pro abortion groupies cite over population as a reason to murder babies and the same ilk cite falling birth rates to support illegal immigration.

Wow, the pro abortion groupies cite over population as a reason to murder babies and the same ilk cite falling birth rates to support illegal immigration.
Wait, so are you implying that only babies saved from abortion would be the ones in positions vacated by illegals? Like, if the unwed teen in Atlanta is forced to have her kid, then that kid will eventually end up in California picking strawberries?

I would change my stance on abortion if all unwanted babies were birthed and then placed into a job-works program to train them up for a life working the fields.

Did you just call me a pro abortion groupie, or what? And then you suggested I support illegal immigration. Stoop. Read my posts, don’t call me names or categorize me. I have not done that with you...
I suggested that we will have a severe shortage of labor without sensible migration (immigration) procedures moving forward. Uh duh, we ain’t birthing enough babies to maintain the lifestyle to which you are accustomed.

Last edited:
Reactions: cigaretteman
Wait, so are you implying that only babies saved from abortion would be the ones in positions vacated by illegals? Like, if the unwed teen in Atlanta is forced to have her kid, then that kid will eventually end up in California picking strawberries?

I would change my stance on abortion if all unwanted babies were birthed and then placed into a job-works program to train them up for a life working the fields.

REBS.gif

And we don't have open borders and no one is advocating for them.

Ciggy is right on this.

We don't have open borders, we just don't want to turn anyone away at the border. Nor do we want to send them back to their home countries. We also don't want to deny them any aid that they need. And we don't want to actually enforce immigration laws.

But we don't have open borders.

Remember fetuses are now American citizens. They should be eligible for food stamps.

ADVERTISEMENT