ADVERTISEMENT

CVS in DC emptied after being routinely ransacked by mob of teenagers

RicoSuave102954

HB Heisman
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
Another liberal run city surrenders to the criminals.

The desolate results of America's shoplifting epidemic have been laid bare at a CVS in DC where entire shelves have been cleared by gangs of children who attack every day. A sole security guard at the store in Columbia Heights is no match for up to 50 teens who routinely strip the store both before and after school, Fox 5 reported. The pharmacist chain is in the process of closing 900 stores across the US in the face of a crime wave that the National Retail Federation says is costing the industry $112 billion a year.

• Haha
Reactions: Flie
Another liberal run city surrenders to the criminals.

The desolate results of America's shoplifting epidemic have been laid bare at a CVS in DC where entire shelves have been cleared by gangs of children who attack every day. A sole security guard at the store in Columbia Heights is no match for up to 50 teens who routinely strip the store both before and after school, Fox 5 reported. The pharmacist chain is in the process of closing 900 stores across the US in the face of a crime wave that the National Retail Federation says is costing the industry $112 billion a year.

ricky-gervais-laugh.gif

Reactions: auntie_fah
You mean voting for Soros backed prosecutors and politicians has consequences? Lol

I have no idea how this turns out...but with basically no penalties for shoplifting and the simple reality that there is nothing that can be done with in the current system to stop it...it's only going to get worse.

Organized shoplifting gets attention....but most of it is going out the door a couple of items at a time. Just a few years ago it was taboo to blame shrink on theft...now every CEO of a decent sized brick and mortar is talking about it as the leading cause of shrink.

...and just to throw this out there.

Shrink is the name you hear when CEOs talk about shoplifting.

Theft is only part of that number...what percentage nobody is going to ever really going to be able to tell you for certain. Many retailers inventory at retail price....has advantages...but one big disadvantage is that price changes can cause a shit load of loss.

Easy example....inventory says you have 100 gizmos in the store priced at 10 bucks. Store does a price change down to 5 bucks....but the store inventory was a clerical error and there was actually no gizmos in the store. The store just lost 500 dollars in incorrect paperwork.

Organized shoplifting gets attention....but most of it is going out the door a couple of items at a time.

I wonder how the decision stores have made to have 1 staffed checkout (if any at all) with self checkouts taking their place instead has played into the theft issue

Reactions: Ree4
I wonder how the decision stores have made to have 1 staffed checkout (if any at all) with self checkouts taking their place instead has played into the theft issue
It has played a role, but that’s taking the blame away from the pieces of shit who commit the crimes

It has played a role, but that’s taking the blame away from the pieces of shit who commit the crimes
If people are caught shoplifting, then hold them accountable.

However, I am not going to feel sorry for retailers when they decide to only have one staffed checkout open (if any at all) while the majority of checkouts are self checkout just because they were short sighted in seeing how much labor costs they would save by having customers do the work themselves.

And they can f**k off if they want to so a reciept check after going through a self checkout. If you don’t trust customers to scan/pay for their stuff, dont trust then to check their own shit out.

However, I am not going to feel sorry for retailers when they decide to only have one staffed checkout open (if any at all) while the majority of checkouts are self checkout just because they were short sighted in seeing how much labor costs they would save by having customers do the work themselves.

And they can f**k off if they want to so a reciept check after going through a self checkout. If you don’t trust customers to scan/pay for their stuff, dont trust then to check their own shit out.
Yup. And I'm not gonna feel sorry for "Food deserts" when they keep getting caused by Food Lion closing down their stores in crime ridden areas. You always see the community meetings with everyone yelling at some Supermarket bigwig saying "Where am I gonna get my prescriptions filled now if you leave?" It's sad for those people but the time to be upset about it was well before that meeting.

I am on board with actually having more employees present. Corporate greed has an equal if not greater share in the downfall of our nation, as lawlessness and sloth do.

Is this sort of crime new? Gangs of teenagers ransacking a store? We've had plenty of high crime areas in the US for a long time. Considering numbers aren't that different these days, what makes this particular stuff so news worthy? (besides the obvious partisan angle)

To be news worthy I think it would have to be a novel type of crime, and or, a large increase in that sort of crime.

Is this sort of crime new? Gangs of teenagers ransacking a store? We've had plenty of high crime areas in the US for a long time. Considering numbers aren't that different these days, what makes this particular stuff so news worthy? (besides the obvious partisan angle)

To be news worthy I think it would have to be a novel type of crime, and or, a large increase in that sort of crime.

Yes,.. These shoplifting flash mobs are a fairly recent phenomena,.. Where you been?

You do not think this is real?

I think the story is real. The story isn't the narrative although it's used to push the narrative.

The narrative is stuff like this. "Another liberal run city surrenders to the criminals."

Yup. And I'm not gonna feel sorry for "Food deserts" when they keep getting caused by Food Lion closing down their stores in crime ridden areas. You always see the community meetings with everyone yelling at some Supermarket bigwig saying "Where am I gonna get my prescriptions filled now if you leave?" It's sad for those people but the time to be upset about it was well before that meeting.
They deserve what they get when they allow their offspring to loot the neighborhood stores.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT