ADVERTISEMENT

CWS

Alum-Ni

HR Legend
Aug 29, 2004
Some pretty crazy games so far.....and look at NC State, still playing the cinderella role....on the precipice of the championship series

BRACKET 1
North Carolina State 10, Stanford 4
Vanderbilt 7, Arizona 6 (12 inn)

North Carolina State 1, Vanderbilt 0
Stanford 14, Arizona 5 (Arizona eliminated)

Vanderbilt 6, Stanford 5 (Stanford eliminated)

=============================

BRACKET 2
Mississippi State 2, Texas 1
Virginia 6, Tennessee 0

Texas 8, Tennessee 4 (Tennessee eliminated)
Mississippi State 6, Virginia 5

Texas 6, Virginia 2 (Virginia eliminated)

==============================

Friday - June 25

Bracket One Final
North Carolina State vs. Vanderbilt (1:00 PM - ESPN2)

Bracket Two Final
Mississippi State vs. Texas (6:00 PM - ESPN)

Last edited:
Reactions: Franisdaman
I would like to see teams crossover in the elimination brackets, but that's just me.

I think it’d make it more interesting. I also would like to go back to the old scheduling where tomorrow would feature two elimination games. Instead of one then one the next day. I think the new setup is too long, and if you go 2-0 it really benefits you with the additional time off.

Reactions: Alum-Ni
I think it’d make it more interesting. I also would like to go back to the old scheduling where tomorrow would feature two elimination games. Instead of one then one the next day. I think the new setup is too long, and if you go 2-0 it really benefits you with the additional time off.
Huge benefit with your bullpen if you win those first two games

Updated OP......

Mississippi State joins NC State on the cusp of the championship series. Tennessee is eliminated.

Vanderbilt vs. Stanford tonight in an elimination game with the winner facing NC State.

Tomorrow Virginia takes on Texas with the winner getting Mississippi State.

Updated OP......

Mississippi State joins NC State on the cusp of the championship series. Tennessee is eliminated.

Vanderbilt vs. Stanford tonight in an elimination game with the winner facing NC State.

Tomorrow Virginia takes on Texas with the winner getting Mississippi State.

Really unfortunate for Virginia. Their starter had a no hitter into the 7th or 8th?

NC State is down to 13 players, which is unreal. Apparently they had to designate 27 dugout people (not players). So flying out players who were not able to travel at the last minute is not allowed. Also, apparently if you’re vaccinated then you didn’t have to te

Highfill is one of NC States starting pitchers. He was 0-0 batting on the year before today, and Rocker was starting for Vandy today.

Sorry to ask the obvious questions, but how the hell does this happen when everybody on the team should be vaccinated???

And if they are all vaccinated, they can't transmit the virus, correct?

If the above is true, then why the hell would NC State players not be eligible for the game?

If I were a fan or in anyway connected to NC State, I would be livid. They were the Cinderella story this year and were 3 WINS AWAY FROM WINNING THE DAMN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!! @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset !!!!

Also, on a side note, if you were a player, wouldn't you be doing everything possible WHILE IN OMAHA to avoid exposure to the virus?

Vanderbilt won 3-1 to force a second game tomorrow.

Texas and Miss State are tied at 5-5 in top of the 9th

Edit: Texas has taken an 8-5 lead in the top of the 9th which is now in a rain delay

Last edited:
Vanderbilt won 3-1 to force a second game tomorrow.

Texas and Miss State are tied at 5-5 in top of the 9th

Edit: Texas has taken an 8-5 lead in the top of the 9th which is now in a rain delay
Texas needs to stop scoring and let MSU score at least 1 run because I said so.....

And if they are all vaccinated, they can't transmit the virus, correct?

I’m not sure this is correct. I’ve always operated in the assumption that vaccinated people still have ability to transmit. Maybe it is a a reduced ability but I think that you can still transmit.

That written, actions have consequences.

Truly unfortunate. I sure hope that the players who didn’t get vaccinated have independent science based concerns as opposed to “making a political statement.” Would be tough to look at teammates and say “sorry that my political views have caused us to be bounced from the chance to win a National championship.”

Two unvaccinated positives led to four vaccinated positives.

Selfish mother fookers......

This pisses me off. I can't even imagine how pissed I would be if I were an actual North Carolina State fan. 3 wins from a National Championship and this happens???

If this was happening to the Iowa baseball team and we were 3 wins from a National Championship, @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset would be throwing bananas from the stands!!!!

I’m not sure this is correct. I’ve always operated in the assumption that vaccinated people still have ability to transmit. Maybe it is a a reduced ability but I think that you can still transmit.

That written, actions have consequences.

Truly unfortunate. I sure hope that the players who didn’t get vaccinated have independent science based concerns as opposed to “making a political statement.” Would be tough to look at teammates and say “sorry that my political views have caused us to be bounced from the chance to win a National championship.”

You or anyone, please correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that:

* if the traveling party (players, coaches, etc) came into Omaha 100% vaccinated, NONE Of them would get tested for covid during their CWS stay.

* it was only the unvaccinated who got tested for covid. If there were positive tests on a team, then they tested the rest of the team. And this is where it all fell apart for NC State.

I hope that the NC State players who did not get vaccinated can live with themselves. They cost themselves, their teammates and their fans a great chance at a National Championship.

Selfish mother fookers......

This pisses me off. I can't even imagine how pissed I would be if I were an actual North Carolina State fan. 3 wins from a National Championship and this happens???

If this was happening to the Iowa baseball team and we were 3 wins from a National Championship, @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset would be throwing bananas from the stands!!!!
4d2c8f7f3d18c410839f72b82f6d7bc3.gif

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT