ADVERTISEMENT

CyHawk Starting Quarterbacks on Saturday

cidsports

HB King
“I really have great faith in Hunter Dekkers. …This isn’t the underdog story. This guy has been successful in everything’s he’s done. …What Hunter knows how to do is win and be successful.”

Last year, Dekkers played significant snaps vs. Iowa, completing 11-of-16 passes for 114 yards and a touchdown, all career highs prior to his first start in Week 1.

Iowa State looks to the future, as true freshman scores on his first reception as a Cyclone.

QB Spencer Petras got the win last year, but on modest numbers, leading the Hawkeyes in his first CyHawk start at quarterback. He played every offensive down in 27-17 win at #9 Iowa State. Spencer completed 11-21 attempts for 106 yards and one touchdown, a 26-yarded to give Iowa a 14-3 second quarter advantage in the second period.

One concern for Hawkeye fans has been the periods of time Petras goes, without real rhythm in the offense.

Against South Dakota State, it was basically four quarters of inconsistent play at QB. Further, Spencer threw his first interception of the season.

So, did Dekkers, if you look closer at the stats. So, who makes the most mistakes.

Tory Taylor, Jack Campbell and Gavin Williams are who I am interested in watching excel in this game of College Football. God willing, I hope to be in Kinnick to root on the Hawkeyes in another CyHawk Game.

Iowa won on Saturday. It was ugly on offense, but it was great watching the punt unit and defense play well.

As Arland Bruce IV shared, there is work to improve on. Jack Campbell isn't satisfied.

Let's welcome Tory Taylor's family, with another win over the CyHawk. Let's send out Spencer Petras with another W over Iowa State.

On Iowa!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News