ADVERTISEMENT

D.J. Johnson transfers

Waivered to be denied!! Just came here to use us for Phil since he knew Purdue wont teach him shit

Sure. Purdue’s CB coach only man to mentor three Thorpe award winners.

Define “mentor” in your statement. Because that’s a broad statement. Could be an uncle, a neighbor, an older peer... doesn’t always mean a coach. Is the claim that on Purdue’s staff is a coach who has worked with 3 Thorpe winners or actually impacted their development?

Reactions: MadDogC
Define “mentor” in your statement. Because that’s a broad statement. Could be an uncle, a neighbor, an older peer... doesn’t always mean a coach. Is the claim that on Purdue’s staff is a coach who has worked with 3 Thorpe winners or actually impacted their development?
The guy from Colorado/Louisville I think. Impressive resume. Weird to see how many 1-3 year gigs he’s had though, wonder what is up with that.

I really think his comments on the Iowa staff have to be leaning towards, "I should get an immediate waiver to play this fall". The Josh Fields plan.
Considering how many others players are happy at Iowa it sure makes me question his statements and motives....

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Oliver Martin got to come here from Michigan w/o sitting out; let DJ go to Purdue w/o sitting out.

The two situations couldn’t be more different. Like if a player said he wanted a transfer because SpaceX put two astronauts on the ISP and he was inspired to become an astronaut but his current B1G school didn’t offer the appropriate engineering program so he wanted to transfer to a school that did and play right away... that’s how different DJ Johnson and Oliver Martin are.

That said, I imagine Johnson will be granted a waiver given what’s come out about his reasons for transferring.

Still, dumb comparison.

Reactions: SansSouci
The two situations couldn’t be more different. Like if a player said he wanted a transfer because SpaceX put two astronauts on the ISP and he was inspired to become an astronaut but his current B1G school didn’t offer the appropriate engineering program so he wanted to transfer to a school that did and play right away... that’s how different DJ Johnson and Oliver Martin are.

That said, I imagine Johnson will be granted a waiver given what’s come out about his reasons for transferring.

Still, dumb comparison.

Very well. Let all players transfer w/o sitting out. I apologize for the dumb comparison, and sincerely hope you can find it in your heart to forgive my ignorance.

Reactions: Jim4edwards

He was the CB coach's in the early mid 90s for Colorado that produced two Thorpe winners and the DB coach in 2014 at Louisville that produced 1.

Wish the kid the best guys. It’s his life and he should get support regardless of the situation even though he has left the program. You all are adults, act like it.

I would suggest looking at the young man's Twitter this past week before casting stones upon those who are not a big fan of DJ.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
I would suggest looking at the young man's Twitter this past week before casting stones upon those who are not a big fan of DJ.
I decided to take a looksy myself. I went back a little farther, and let’s just say DJ is an interesting character. Seeing him retweet Charlie Kirk, in agreement, was just one of many surprises.

I don't have the tweeter thing. Can anyone share some examples?
Please and thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT