ADVERTISEMENT

D2 teams need a default RPI of 352

SotaHawk87

HR Legend
Jan 3, 2015
Milwaukee got smoked by Concordia St Paul last night but the game won't register on the team sheet.. I know the committee will know but how much depth will they go into it.. that loss would have tanked their RPI and KenPom now it looks like the game didn't even exist..

Reactions: And1Hawk
Why doesn't Iowa play the same game and quit scheduling teams
that are sub 300 RPI and instead schedule Div2?

The RPI is the flip phone of metrics. Its totally obsolete.

I still think they continue to use it to give them an excuse to put the more obscure teams into the tourney and keep it from being all power 5.

The obscure teams do make it more interesting.

The RPI is the flip phone of metrics. Its totally obsolete.

I still think they continue to use it to give them an excuse to put the more obscure teams into the tourney and keep it from being all power 5.

The obscure teams do make it more interesting.

The RPI is being phased out in importance but as long as it is a factor it benefits teams to pay attention to it and schedule accordingly. You are correct that some teams have taken to schedule D-II teams to not negatively impact the RPI and still get games.

Reactions: SotaHawk87
Look at the MWC a few years ago. They all had RPI's in the top 100 and the reason was they would schedule 2-3 Div 2 teams so that way they wouldn't have to play RPI teams 300+. Their RPIs were top 100 and their records were something like 19-10 and 20-11. They didn't count toward their win totals, but it didn't hurt their RPI at all.

Good move by those coaches and AD's to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT