ADVERTISEMENT

Da Bears found their future QB star!!!! Andy Dalton

I lean Dalton...but I want to see what Pace does in the draft. I will be shocked if there isn't a highly drafted rookie in the QB room with Dalton to start the year. Pace will try everything he can to get into the top 10 to get one of the group of 5 QBs.

I lean Dalton...but I want to see what Pace does in the draft. I will be shocked if there isn't a highly drafted rookie in the QB room with Dalton to start the year. Pace will try everything he can to get into the top 10 to get one of the group of 5 QBs.
Dalton took over a pretty loaded Cowboys team once Dak went down and their offense went into the tank. Dalton will have far fewer options in Chicago than he did in Dallas.

Not to mention, Mitch had a higher QB rating last year on a terrible Bears O (93) than Dalton did on a team loaded with good WRs (87). This is not an upgrade at QB at all. Dalton is a mediocre game manager best served as a backup.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Trubinsky traded to the Bills. Details not released yet. I would think they are now going to go for a quarterback first in the draft. But who knows until we know the details.

Trubinsky traded to the Bills. Details not released yet. I would think they are now going to go for a quarterback first in the draft. But who knows until we know the details.

Bears tears. Bye Mitch. Need a new avitar now.

Reactions: win4jj
That's the thing, Pace never learns a lesson. He is bidding against himself again. He panicked once Seattle told him to pound sand. There is no way, Andy effing Dalton was about to sign with another team. You could have easily waited it out, see if something happens with Mariota, Darnold, or Garrappolo, all of which I would not be excited about, but would gladly take if the other choice is Andy Dalton.

Now we'll get to watch Pace give up future assets to try and save his ass in the draft. Then he will get fired anyway and the Bears will get the leftovers for GM candidates because their situation will be a dumpster fire, per usual.

So typical Bears

Did he panic? Yes. But the rumor mill was SF was very interested also.

Dalton took over a pretty loaded Cowboys team once Dak went down and their offense went into the tank. Dalton will have far fewer options in Chicago than he did in Dallas.

Not to mention, Mitch had a higher QB rating last year on a terrible Bears O (93) than Dalton did on a team loaded with good WRs (87). This is not an upgrade at QB at all. Dalton is a mediocre game manager best served as a backup.
The o line would make any qb a bit shaky. Mitch isnt a winner, neither is Dalton. Quit destroying the team by chasing one mistake with another.

Kyle Trask (Florida) is intriguing to me. Most have him projected 2nd to 3rd round. He'd most likely be available at #20. But, I wouldn't give up too quickly on Mac Jones. He just might slip and be available at #20. I just don't want to see the Bears auction off the farm to move up and get a QB other than Fields, Wilson, or Lawrence in this draft.

Reactions: win4jj

Last 4 games he went 13 TDs to 4 Ints. Dallas' line was worse than the Bears. Having said that, Dalton is nothing but mediocre, better than Mitch in my opinion, and a placeholder for whoever Pace drafts.

Reactions: mstp1992
Don't know the likelihood, but appears they are wooing Kenny Golladay. Signing him and pairing with Robinson and Mooney would make me very pleased. Chicago area kid, so maybe there is hope

Kyle Trask (Florida) is intriguing to me. Most have him projected 2nd to 3rd round. He'd most likely be available at #20. But, I wouldn't give up too quickly on Mac Jones. He just might slip and be available at #20. I just don't want to see the Bears auction off the farm to move up and get a QB other than Fields, Wilson, or Lawrence in this draft.
I think I would prefer Lance over Fields. Sounds like there might be other teams falling in love with Lance as well

Last 4 games he went 13 TDs to 4 Ints. Dallas' line was worse than the Bears. Having said that, Dalton is nothing but mediocre, better than Mitch in my opinion, and a placeholder for whoever Pace drafts.
The issue is that Pace and Nagy need to win now. Dalton doesn't move the needle enough imo to do that. The Bears are lacking weapons and that division is getting tougher with GB and Minnesota.

Also, they will need to move up in the draft in order to get a QB. That will involve trading away future picks. The Bears never seem to do the right thing in that area.

The Bears just got worse. They’re cutting Kyle Fuller. Basically, it was an Andy Dalton for Kyle Fuller trade. That’s a bad trade. Pace just keeps digging the hole deeper and deeper. He continues to make the Trubisky pick worse every day.

The Bears just got worse. They’re cutting Kyle Fuller. Basically, it was an Andy Dalton for Kyle Fuller trade. That’s a bad trade. Pace just keeps digging the hole deeper and deeper. He continues to make the Trubisky pick worse every day.
Are we sure that Daltons contract is where Fuller’s money is going?

let’s see how free agency plays out before calling it a Fuller for Dalton trade

Reactions: cigaretteman
Are we sure that Daltons contract is where Fuller’s money is going?

let’s see how free agency plays out before calling it a Fuller for Dalton trade
Well, cutting Fuller creates $11 million in cap space and Dalton is getting $10 and this might get them slightly below the cap.

They are also allowing Hicks to find a trade partner, but he wants an extension if he’s traded, so I think a deal is unlikely. I think they have to release him. And I see they’re interested in Golladay, not sure where that money is coming from.

If they were willing to give up everything for Wilson who would have been 35 before they could have built the team back up, then I would think they would be willing to move up to draft a QB. Otherwise, what is the plan? They need to save their job and even if Dalton takes them to 10 wins, what then? You can't give him an extension because he will never take you any farther. So you survived 2021 but still are a bad year away from losing your job in 22 when he goes back to mediocrity. And you still don't have the QB of the future. That's why I think Nagy wants a QB to sit for as much of the year as possible. Maybe even all of it like Maholmes did. If Dalton can get them to the playoffs, they will "Alex Smith" him the following year.

The Golladay rumors are hilarious to me too. So you're paying one WR 18 million and then surely Golladay would be compensated somewhere in that range too. Great WRs, but then you have Andy Dalton trying to get them the ball. LOL

Dalton had Amari Cooper, CD Lamb, and Michael Gallup to throw to last year. How did that work out?

Paying 2 WRs top dollar with a shit QB is almost as funny as paying 2 pass rushers a ton of money to "get after the quarterback when playing with the lead" but you never have a lead because you're hot garbage.

God, the Bears are a joke.

*I also realize signing Golladay could mean A Rob gets traded

Twitter is already having so much fun.

EwoZBW9WYAI7jFW

Fields has a QB rating lower than Rex Grossman

Saints signed QB Andy Dalton, formerly of the Bears, to a one-year contract worth up to $6 million.​

Dalton would figure to serve as Jameis Winston's backup, with Taysom Hill reportedly focusing on a full conversion to tight end in 2022. Dalton was predictably disastrous in Matt Nagy's caveman offense last year in Chicago, throwing eight touchdowns to nine picks over eight games. Entering his age-35 season, Dalton -- who had the league's seventh worst completion rate over expected in 2021 -- will continue his backup tour of various franchises in New Orleans.

Saints signed QB Andy Dalton, formerly of the Bears, to a one-year contract worth up to $6 million.​

Dalton would figure to serve as Jameis Winston's backup, with Taysom Hill reportedly focusing on a full conversion to tight end in 2022. Dalton was predictably disastrous in Matt Nagy's caveman offense last year in Chicago, throwing eight touchdowns to nine picks over eight games. Entering his age-35 season, Dalton -- who had the league's seventh worst completion rate over expected in 2021 -- will continue his backup tour of various franchises in New Orleans.
in fairness to Dalton, I think Nagy largely broke the offense last year, so I’m not really holding last years stats against anyone who was on last years team.

Reactions: lucas80

Bears will suck now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT