ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo getting nervous?

Pretty funny for a team that cancelled their last game just because lol

I’m a big 10 guy all the way but I agree with him. First off, has OSU screwed up in the past and lost a game they shouldn’t of? The chances of them losing becomes less because of the lesser amount of games played. Why should they get an easier path to the final 4. If you want blame someone, blame the Big 10 presidents and commissioner. Dumb shits just screwed their conference out of a possible national title out of pure stupidly on their own part. All the brainiacs with high end degrees that decided this mess, lack common sense!

• Haha
Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
In normal years, one of the big things the pollsters always say is "data points." Teams have been left out of the playoff or the BCS because they played one fewer game than other teams. This year, Ohio State will have played 6 games. 6. Coastal Carolina will have played 12. I don't care what conference you play in, 12-0 is better than 6-0.

Reactions: DTP2 and Hawks2424
In normal years, one of the big things the pollsters always say is "data points." Teams have been left out of the playoff or the BCS because they played one fewer game than other teams. This year, Ohio State will have played 6 games. 6. Coastal Carolina will have played 12. I don't care what conference you play in, 12-0 is better than 6-0.
Problem is the playoff system has put us squarely back into a "beauty contest" to determine the champion. You have a committee of 12 fans holding up point cards like olympic figure skating picking who they *want* to see play, with all the big name bias that goes with it. No one wants to see a nobody or a second rate program play for it all. They're lucky to be on tv in the first place.

If Coastal Carolina played Ohio State the Buckeyes would be favored by at least 28 pts in Vegas. Because of COVID nothing is normal this year. This is actually working out well for Ohio State. Fewer games, less wear and tear on their bodies. Should be fresh for the playoffs.

Reactions: haightt
ND barely beat them without Lawrence. He’s pretty good in case you haven’t noticed. They’ll handle the Irish unfortunately.

Reactions: Hawks2424
It's always fun to have a national championship playoff system that gives FOUR of 130 teams a chance to win it. And it's pretty much the same four teams every year. Yawn.

Imagine if basketball followed the football format. Now that WOULD be madness. And yet football keeps getting away with it . . . at the top level only, however, because FCS all the way down to D-III have an actual playoff system that involves at least SIXTEEN teams, not four.

No other college sport's playoff system is even close to as exclusive as major college football, which is why it's a farce. This year and every year. Until it expands to AT LEAST EIGHT teams, which it should have been in the first place, it's nothing but a sideshow. Might as well just vote. This "playoff" is ludicrous.

It's always fun to have a national championship playoff system that gives FOUR of 130 teams a chance to win it. And it's pretty much the same four teams every year. Yawn.

Imagine if basketball followed the football format. Now that WOULD be madness. And yet football keeps getting away with it . . . at the top level only, however, because FCS all the way down to D-III have an actual playoff system that involves at least SIXTEEN teams, not four.

No other college sport's playoff system is even close to as exclusive as major college football, which is why it's a farce. This year and every year. Until it expands to AT LEAST EIGHT teams, which it should have been in the first place, it's nothing but a sideshow. Might as well just vote. This "playoff" is ludicrous.
I agree. In a year as strange as this one, they should’ve expanded the playoff to at least 8 teams. Had a chance to think outside the box, but instead we’ll end up with the same damn teams again.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I agree. In a year as strange as this one, they should’ve expanded the playoff to at least 8 teams. Had a chance to think outside the box, but instead we’ll end up with the same damn teams again.
Yep, will catch a few minutes of the games this year, but frankly am fatigued of the royalty of college football generally dominating the participation in the semifinals. Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St., Oklahoma and a second place team from the SEC. It’s usually a rotation of these 5 programs. Yawn is right, whoever stated this shared my sentiments exactly.

At first having four teams was fine, but the rinse and repeat nature of the participants is annoying. Open it up to at least 8 and then maybe 12. That would be fun. Its just two more games and only one more for the 4 teams with a bye if you go to 12.

ND barely beat them without Lawrence. He’s pretty good in case you haven’t noticed. They’ll handle the Irish unfortunately.

I highly doubt Lawrence will throw for more than 439 yards and 3 total tds like Uiagalelei did. Clemson's problem is getting stops and Lawrence doesn't play defense! ND will beat them again!

I highly doubt Lawrence will throw for more than 439 yards and 3 total tds like Uiagalelei did. Clemson's problem is getting stops and Lawrence doesn't play defense! ND will beat them again!
I bet they rush for more than 1 ypc, probably won't have a bunch if fumbles either
nd will lose

How many college games has Lawrence lost? 1? 2? Irish are actually pretty good but if you don’t think Lawrence, who is the #1 pick in the draft will make a difference I don’t know what to tell you.

By the way hawks4life, how did that rematch go for Notre Dame against Clemson?

Reactions: seam
This aged well. Now that Lawrence is done, hopefully we can look forward to not hearing about Clemson anymore. Does anybody really think that the last 5 years weren’t Clemson’s boosters waxing?

Reactions: seam
Look, Sunshine took him to the next level but he’s 140-33. So he was good without him as well. I can’t stand the guy but he’s going to be in there as long as he’s still coaching. They didn’t just get good.

Problem is the playoff system has put us squarely back into a "beauty contest" to determine the champion. You have a committee of 12 fans holding up point cards like olympic figure skating picking who they *want* to see play, with all the big name bias that goes with it. No one wants to see a nobody or a second rate program play for it all. They're lucky to be on tv in the first place.

Your school has borrowed $75 million because of projected revenue shortfalls and dropped four varsity sports and you are upset because the Big Ten decided a 5-0 record was superior to 6-1 when the unbeaten team beat the second place team head to head and in the process guaranteed Iowa gets $500,000.

Look, Sunshine took him to the next level but he’s 140-33. So he was good without him as well. I can’t stand the guy but he’s going to be in there as long as he’s still coaching. They didn’t just get good.

And he did it while Miami goes through its typical swing where it pretends that it doesn’t know how to recruit. That period seems to be coming to an end and when it does, I doubt that we hear about Dabo and Clemson again

He’s been there since 2003. 17 years. This isn’t a little run here. They’ve been a better program than Miami for 15 years. Miami is the Nebraska of the ACC. Their time has come and gone. They aren’t coming back to dominate. Again, 140-33 with what, 5 Final 4 appearances? You’re being ridiculous. He’s one of the top 2-3 coaches in the country.

Reactions: Sett1997
How many times does Miami have to go through its cycle for people to realize that it’s always going to come back? They spend money and cheat, run out of money, hire unethical coaches, get low, bounce back and look like an nfl team after a few years. It’s just what they do. When that happens again, forget about Clemson and get ready to watch Dabo do tv for a few years

I’d like to see Ryan Day rate Clemson #25. Because if the #11 team curb stomped you, you’re not a top 5 or top 10 team.

How many times does Miami have to go through its cycle for people to realize that it’s always going to come back? They spend money and cheat, run out of money, hire unethical coaches, get low, bounce back and look like an nfl team after a few years. It’s just what they do. When that happens again, forget about Clemson and get ready to watch Dabo do tv for a few years
Miami had a good 20-25 year period in the 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s, otherwise they’re average.

It has been about two decades and it’s not like Miami doesn’t get good players. Miami has top 15 recruiting classes. If Dabo was coaching at Miami, guess where Miami would be? Right where Clemson is. Sweeney is the difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT