ADVERTISEMENT

Dain Bramage Behind COVID-Related Loss Of Smell

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007

UPI reports:

COVID-19 causes loss of sense of smell in some of those infected by not only damaging the tissue in the nasal cavity, but also the area of the brain responsible for controlling the senses, a study published Monday by JAMA Neurology found.
The white matter region of the brain plays a key role in communication between cells in the central nervous system, including those that control the senses, according to the National Library of Medicine.
Several of the patients included in this study also had evidence of damage to the brain similar to what is seen in people with Alzheimer’s disease, the autopsies revealed.

Reactions: millah_22
Brain damage? Highly doubtful. I lost my sense of smell and I don’t even talk about my pool table garden anymore.

Last edited:
This should make Kenneth Griffin happy. He loves bad Covid related news.

We won't know the full effects of the Covid vaccine for decades.

Euo722BVgAI4lpP

My best interpretation of what I read about this was loss of specific smell cells in the nose caused the loss of smell, and prolonged loss of smell caused atrophy in the area of the brain responsible for smell.

My best interpretation of what I read about this was loss of specific smell cells in the nose caused the loss of smell, and prolonged loss of smell caused atrophy in the area of the brain responsible for smell.

MAGAs: "Did you hear that, Marge? After my Covid and loss of smell......I'm gettin' a trophy!!!!"

Reactions: CLUB215
We won't know the full effects of the Covid vaccine for decades.

And yet the full effects of the vaccine are much better understood than the full effects of the disease.

Long covid and other lingering lung/heart issues are a much bigger threat than long-term effect of the virus.

Reactions: lucas80
And yet the full effects of the vaccine are much better understood than the full effects of the disease.

Long covid and other lingering lung/heart issues are a much bigger threat than long-term effect of the virus.
Whatever, dude. He owned Libs today. He'll swagger back around in a week or two to own you again.
He's an alpha.

ADVERTISEMENT