ADVERTISEMENT

Dakin, Iowa 132nd in net punting

Dakin will be fine. We're spoiled.
Having lived through the David Bradley years....I will give Dakin a long leash. ;) I actually didn't think he was doing THAT bad and I too think he will be fine. Besides, if you think the Capt is not prone to pulling a QB (exhibit D.Hill) who is playing bad, he takes the punter to a WHOLE another level. Unless Dakin is on crutches, he will start/play 4 quarters....

Watching the replay the TD was on the coverage team. The guys on the right side all crashed to the middle and left the wide side completely open. No contain
The line drive punt didn’t help, the returner had like 15 yards open in front of time…but yeah, poor coverage made a bad punt worse.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Didn’t help but every one of our guys were on one side of the field by the time he caught it. Terrible contain. 1:20 mark

The line drive punt didn’t help, the returner had like 15 yards open in front of time…but yeah, poor coverage made a bad punt worse

Didn’t help but every one of our guys were on one side of the field by the time he caught it. Terrible contain. 1:20 mark

Yup. I was there and had a Birds Eye view from that side of the field. Knew it was going to be a big return as soon as the outside guy for Troy has gesturing for Ross to go wide. He could see all the Iowa guys crashing in.

Can’t recall the last time Iowa special teams had a coverage breakdown that bad. Did anyone ever say the last time Iowa allowed a special teams TD?

Yup. I was there and had a Birds Eye view from that side of the field. Knew it was going to be a big return as soon as the outside guy for Troy has gesturing for Ross to go wide. He could see all the Iowa guys crashing in.

Can’t recall the last time Iowa special teams had a coverage breakdown that bad. Did anyone ever say the last time Iowa allowed a special teams TD?
Including our favorite 4* X. Terrible angle Does the guy ever make a play?

Including our favorite 4* X. Terrible angle Does the guy ever make a play?
Not even going to single out a single guy…every single guy on that side collapsed inside.

Truly out of character for what’s been such a source of strength in recent years.

Nwankpa overall has been solid as a starter. Hasn’t lived up to his recruiting ranking tho the potential is there to see. Just hasn’t quite clicked mentally for whatever reason, and I think he gets caught thinking too much at times.

Maybe it's possible to find ONE kid who could punt it 40 yards or so right here in the USA. Maybe the Australia thing is a bit overhyped. Would this same kid have been considered a steal if he lived in Solon instead of Melbourne or Sydney or wherever?

I know kicking the ball AWAY from the return man and letting it roll would have been a nice thing to try on that last punt vs. ISU.

Maybe it's possible to find ONE kid who could punt it 40 yards or so right here in the USA. Maybe the Australia thing is a bit overhyped. Would this same kid have been considered a steal if he lived in Solon instead of Melbourne or Sydney or wherever?

I know kicking the ball AWAY from the return man and letting it roll would have been a nice thing to try on that last punt vs. ISU.
Maybe he’s played 3 games and we should allow him to develop?

Asking him to be Tory 2.0 on day 1 is ridiculous.

Reactions: Biggus Blockus

We did just give up an 87 yard punt return that somehow didn't go for a TD in the B10 title game, so it hasn't been that long since we had a breakdown. TD though I can't remember which is a good problem to have.

We did just give up an 87 yard punt return that somehow didn't go for a TD in the B10 title game, so it hasn't been that long since we had a breakdown. TD though I can't remember which is a good problem to have.
That was one guy missing a tackle, and then the Michigan team executing a return well. This wa one entire side of the punt coverage unit completely breaking down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT