ADVERTISEMENT

Dale Hansen on taking a knee...Fabulous

A protest brings attention to something and hopefully gets people to be swayed over to your side.
This has brought attention to this issue.

Look at every protest in the 60's, Tom. They brought massive attention AND the majority of people were initially upset and against the protest. They didn't sway anyone over to their side initially.

However, they brought attention to the issue and change came later. This is no different.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Let me sum up the current situation with the NFL (and other leagues) and some of its fans (now claiming to be former fans..)

Keep players that beat the shit out of women? Kept watching.

Keep players that abuse animals? Kept watching.

Keep players that abuse drugs? Kept watching.

Keep players that cheat? Kept watching.

Players peacefully protest social injustice? RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE! BURN MY STUFF! NEVER WATCHING AGAIN!!! FIRE THEM ALL!!!!

Look at every protest in the 60's, Tom. They brought massive attention AND the majority of people were initially upset and against the protest. They didn't sway anyone over to their side initially.

However, they brought attention to the issue and change came later. This is no different.
So you believe the southern redneck racists are going to change their minds? Because it's been 150 years...

Hope you're right.

So you believe the southern redneck racists are going to change their minds? Because it's been 150 years...

Hope you're right.
They aren't the target. Cops and judges are the target. And they don't need to change their beliefs, just their actions.

Ha, suck it @Tom Paris. I told you lunch counters were a good analogy.
Not when you are comparing it to how I think. That's how I took it. I was pissed to be perfectly honest. I don't get to where I want to type F you very often on here and your post did it.

Again, I hope this brings some great social change, but I think they are doing it wrong. Shoot, what is most likely to happen is no more anthem before sporting events. Well done. I'm still waiting for these guys to define what it is exactly they want to make them happy. Is it equality? What more would you like the government to do to set things up so from this point forward everyone has an equal chance to succeed?

Is it police violence towards unarmed black men? Because killings of unarmed black men stands at 10 on the year compared to 13 whites and 8 Hispanics. Is that it?

I'd like the answers as much as anyone so this country can move forward. The sad thing is, this just keeps motivating Trump and his idiotic base.

Not when you are comparing it to how I think. That's how I took it. I was pissed to be perfectly honest. I don't get to where I want to type F you very often on here and your post did it.

Again, I hope this brings some great social change, but I think they are doing it wrong. Shoot, what is most likely to happen is no more anthem before sporting events. Well done. I'm still waiting for these guys to define what it is exactly they want to make them happy. Is it equality? What more would you like the government to do to set things up so from this point forward everyone has an equal chance to succeed?

Is it police violence towards unarmed black men? Because killings of unarmed black men stands at 10 on the year compared to 13 whites and 8 Hispanics. Is that it?

I'd like the answers as much as anyone so this country can move forward. The sad thing is, this just keeps motivating Trump and his idiotic base.
I apologize

When Natty told you to suck it, I thought he literally meant ... well, never mind.

I hope liberals understand that Trump said what a majority of Americans were thinking. The players are not moving their agenda forward because if they want to change hearts and minds, all that they have done is pissed off so many people that they will not be heard.

How can you be so utterly and completely wrong?

21766445_843960142430895_6312647034578240142_n.jpg

Reactions: Torg
Decades of woman beating, rape, illegal drug use and gambling and all of a sudden the nfl cares avout social injustice.

Decades of woman beating, rape, illegal drug use and gambling and all of a sudden the nfl cares avout social injustice.

Decades of woman beating, rape, illegal drug use, gambling, etc, all the sudden people are canceling their tickets, burning their jerseys, and claiming they'll never watch again.

Reactions: Torg
For proper context when you talk about issues of race, you need to footnote each of your posts with a disclaimer that you won't hire black people because the one you did hire was a bad employee.
That is not what I said. The issue I was complaining about is that there were two different rules when trying to terminate a minority vs a non minority. It was literally impossible to terminate the minority even though I had personally hired them. It led to a change in the HR policy because so many other managers complained about the process. Since that change, I have actually hired two additional minorities. One of which is by far my best sales person.

How can you be so utterly and completely wrong?
Just watch the interviews on TV, read the facebook posts, talk to people who are not in your echo chamber. This has really pissed off a lot of folks. The mad folks won't listen to a word you say until you stop disrespecting the flag. Just my observation.

Decades of woman beating, rape, illegal drug use, gambling, etc, all the sudden people are canceling their tickets, burning their jerseys, and claiming they'll never watch again.
850 arrests in the nfl sunce 2000. Rapes, duis, assaults on women mainly, drugs, 2 murders and they dont like the injustice in this world.

They are fined for for showing their support for cancer on eye black stickers, but not this.

This guy really nails it about taking a knee. Please listen to the video.

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/nfl/dale-hansen-unplugged-national-anthem-protests-flag-nfl/478596561

"Dallas sportscaster Dale Hansen is a fixture of the sports media scene, and his "Unplugged" segment on ABC affiliate WFAA has never shied away from the sometimes-insidious politics of the sports world."

From the video:
"Donald Trump has said he supports a peaceful protest because it's an American's right… But not this protest, and there's the problem: The opinion that any protest you don't agree with is a protest that should be stopped.

Martin Luther King should have marched across a different bridge. Young, black Americans should have gone to a different college and found a different lunch counter. And college kids in the 60's had no right to protest an immoral war.

I served in the military during the Vietnam War... and my foot hurt, too. But I served anyway.

My best friend in high school was killed in Vietnam. Carroll Meir will be 18 years old forever. And he did not die so that you can decide who is a patriot and who loves America more.

The young, black athletes are not disrespecting America or the military by taking a knee during the anthem. They are respecting the best thing about America. It's a dog whistle to the racists among us to say otherwise.

They, and all of us, should protest how black Americans are treated in this country. And if you don't think white privilege is a fact, you don't understand America.

The comedian Chris Rock said it best: There's not a white man in America who would trade places with him, and he's rich.

It has not gone unnoticed that President Trump has spoken out against the Mexicans who want to come to America for a better life against the Muslims and now against the black athlete. Ht he says nothing for days ... about the white men who marched under a Nazi flag in Charlottesville except to remind us there were good people there. And when he finally tried to say the right thing not 1 of them was called an s-o-b, nor did he say anyone should be fired.

Maybe we all need to read our Constitution again. There has never been a better use of pen to paper. Our forefathers made freedom of speech the First Amendment. They listed 10, and not one of them says you have to stand during the national anthem.

And I think those men respected the country they fought for and founded -- a great deal more than the self-proclaimed patriots who are simply hypocrites -- because they want to deny the basic freedom of this great country…

A country they supposedly value, and cherish so much."

I have a new hero.
Very well said! Thanks for sharing.

From Wikipedia:

"As of July 2016, white Americans are the racial majority. African Americans are the largest racial minority, amounting to 13.3% of the population. Hispanic and Latino Americans amount to 17.8% of the total U.S. population, making up the largest ethnic minority. ."

Just because there are less blacks shot by police doesn't mean it is not proportionally way worse for them.

From Wikipedia:

"As of July 2016, white Americans are the racial majority. African Americans are the largest racial minority, amounting to 13.3% of the population. Hispanic and Latino Americans amount to 17.8% of the total U.S. population, making up the largest ethnic minority. ."

Just because there are less blacks shot by police doesn't mean it is not proportionally way worse for them.
Why do they get shot more often? Are cops simply playing a carnival game or does it have to do how the interaction plays out? Seems that the majority is a whole lot of not following given orders.

Except when they lie about how it went down

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.c...hael-bennett-was-not-mistreated-profiled/amp/

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/las-vegas-police-prove-michael-bennett-lied-racism-charges/

Last edited:
The players are drama. How many of them in their spare time donate time and money to these causes. They don't, they spend their time and money foolishly instead. This show they do has no meat behind it. If you want to stand up for a cause then poor your heart and money into the problem.
According to a 2009 Sports Illustrated article, 78% of National Football League (NFL) players are either bankrupt or are under financial stress within two years of retirement and an estimated 60% of National Basketball Association players go bankrupt within five years after leaving their sport.

From Wikipedia:

Yes and the point remains it isn't a weekly occurrence as we are lead to believe. Would I like it to be zero a year? Yep. But is it what we are constantly told? Nope.

Reactions: obfuscating
From Wikipedia:

Blacks commit homicides at 8 times that of white and hispanic combined.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Go read the constitution. Can the NFL fire the kneelers? Yes. If you know what that means then you will figure it out.

The First Amendment applies to the U.S. government and (via the 14th Amendment) the governments of the states. Freedom of speech is a concept, believed by many to be a natural right. Although it seems like 80% of people get these two items confused, they are not synonymous.

The First Amendment was added to the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution to protect the people from the government. The First Amendment states:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”

The First Amendment is written with the assumption that all people (well, at the time, white male property owners) naturally have the right to their own conscience. They have the natural right to choose their own belief system and to practice the rites of that belief system. They have the natural right to express themselves. They have the natural right to challenge their government. And, in order to ensure all of this is possible, there must be a free press.

All the First Amendment does is tell the government, you can’t infringe on those natural rights. It does not grant those rights to the people, because you can’t grant a natural right.

Go read the constitution. Can the NFL fire the kneelers? Yes. If you know what that means then you will figure it out.

The First Amendment applies to the U.S. government and (via the 14th Amendment) the governments of the states. Freedom of speech is a concept, believed by many to be a natural right. Although it seems like 80% of people get these two items confused, they are not synonymous.

The First Amendment was added to the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution to protect the people from the government. The First Amendment states:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”

The First Amendment is written with the assumption that all people (well, at the time, white male property owners) naturally have the right to their own conscience. They have the natural right to choose their own belief system and to practice the rites of that belief system. They have the natural right to express themselves. They have the natural right to challenge their government. And, in order to ensure all of this is possible, there must be a free press.

All the First Amendment does is tell the government, you can’t infringe on those natural rights. It does not grant those rights to the people, because you can’t grant a natural right.
It's not a constitutional question. The meme wasn't talking about the government, it was talking about people getting upset about the exercise of free speech.

Please try to pay better attention. Saves all that effort of galloping off in the wrong direct.

It's not a constitutional question. The meme wasn't talking about the government, it was talking about people getting upset about the exercise of free speech.

Please try to pay better attention. Saves all that effort of galloping off in the wrong direct.
My post was about the constitutionality of it - pay attention to what your own retorts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT