ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas Clark, now 45 (June 12, 1979 ), arrived at Iowa in 1998 as a LB w/ a Promise from Hayden Fry of a Spot as a Walk-on

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
1998: walked on for Hayden Fry, redshirted.
1999: missed season due to injury
2000: his position was LB, but played mostly on special team
2001: was moved to TE
2002: started all 13 games in break out season
2003: entered NFL Draft

During his 11 year NFL career (2003-2013; first 9 w/ the Colts) he earned $42,630,000.

Check these out & Watch:

I was sitting 10 rows up directly behind where he lined up. Watching race the sidelines from that angle was surreal.
I was at the front of the mass of people right next to the back corner of the endzone on the field where he was running straight at. I’m in that video just to the west side of the guy in the gold shirt and white hat that jumps at 25 seconds. If only we had HD back then.

the way i remember it is the Hawks were pretty well stacked at linebacker and one day Kirk and/or a couple coaches were watching him work out and they decided he was too good to just sit and they needed to find a way to get him on the field. and rest, as they say, is history.

the way i remember it is the Hawks were pretty well stacked at linebacker and one day Kirk and/or a couple coaches were watching him work out and they decided he was too good to just sit and they needed to find a way to get him on the field. and rest, as they say, is history.
The story I heard: Dallas was McCann's roommate and they often played catch and the coaches noticed that he had pretty good hands, asked him to switch to TE. He refused at first because he wanted to be a better LB than his brother, Derrick, who played at ISU.

During his 11 year NFL career (2003-2013; first 9 w/ the Colts) he earned $42,630,000.

Check these out & Watch:

I watched a 2007 game between the Colts and the Chargers on the NFL Channel. Dallas was a major force in that contest. Bob Sanders also played for the Colts. Nate Kaeding and Mike Goff played for the Chargers. It was great watching those former great Hawks tearing it up in the NFL.

I've talked about this play a few times on here. This is one of the greatest play calls I've ever seen under Ferentz. It was set up perfectly after years of running the WR screen we finally faked it and went over the top.

we better see some creativity & improvement this weekend

it all starts with the OL

So went back to my home town a few years ago and was talking to a classmate. He has done pretty well, and has a place on West Lake Okoboji (let's call him Bob). He said he got a new neighbor who had a really tricked out boat, black and gold, Hawkeye boat to the hilt. He sees the guy in the back yard and says "You must really like the Hawkeye's". The guys says "yes I do". They start talking, and the new neighbor asks my classmate to come over for steaks ... My classmate says, "I might not be able to make it, as we are pretty busy, but I'll check with the wife". Anyway, I think he blows the new neighbor off as they were too busy.

Bob is out with his friends a day or 2 later and tells them the story and how the boat was just insane and how his new neighbor is a huge Hawkeye fan. So his buddies ask, what was the guys name .... Bob says " maybe Clark or Clerk, something like that, had an unusual first name but cannot think of it". His buddies say "Dallas?". Bob says, "Yes that's it, the guy sure loves the Hawkeyes!". They then go on to tell Bob about the NFL pro-bowler and all time great Iowa TE. ;-)

Check these out & Watch:

he turned 44 yesterday. time flies....

Check these out & Watch:

where does time go....

Reactions: BirdistheWord
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT