ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas Clark to be inducted into Colts Ring of Honor

Did Bob Sanders get an invite too? If not, it should have come before Clark

Did Clark ever win Offensive Player of the Year? Sanders won Defensive Player of the Year in 2007.
No he didn’t, but how many tight ends have? I’m not arguing the greatness of Sanders, him and Dwight are my two favorite players, I just think Clark had the better overall career due to Sanders’ injuries and limited seasons.

I liked the story Tony Dungy shared leading up to drafting Dallas Clark, He said a lot of debate was going on in regard to who the Colts should take, Bill Polian wanted to take Clark, Dungy said there was a Defensive guy he really liked, Colts owner Jim Irsay stood up and said “Well you guys decide what you want to do but if it was me I would take Dallas Clark” and he walked out of the room, Dungy turned to Polian and said “ Well it looks like we are taking Dallas Clark”.

If Sanders could have stayed healthy he would be in Canton. Unfortunately he spent most of his career on the injured list. He only had two full seasons and he was first team All-Pro both years. But he never played more than 6 games in any other season.

No he didn’t, but how many tight ends have? I’m not arguing the greatest of Sanders, him and Dwight are my two favorite players, I just think Clark had the better overall career due to Sanders’ injuries and limited seasons.

All your saying is Bob Sanders was just as important as Clark was for the Colts. If longevity is all we're going on, there are many journey men who didn't make an "all team" recognition. Glad Clark could, but Sanders should also be there

All you’re saying is Bob Sanders was just as important as Clark was for the Colts. If longevity is all we're going on, there are many journey men who didn't make an "all team" recognition. Glad Clark could, but Sanders should also be there
I’m saying they are both great players.
How many records does Sanders have?
How many records does Clark have?
Longevity does matter, Clark was an all pro, and he had a greater impact on the team.
It seems you’re arguing just to argue.

I’m saying they are both great players.
How many records does Sanders have?
How many records does Clark have?
Longevity does matter, Clark was an all pro, and he had a greater impact on the team.
It seems you’re arguing just to argue.

Clark was an All Pro? Sanders did that twice. I'm arguing just to argue, but you don't see why Sanders should be considered as well? If you're that fragile GFY and don't start the debate.

• Haha
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Clark was an All Pro? Sanders did that twice. I'm arguing just to argue, but you don't see why Sanders should be considered as well? If you're that fragile GFY and don't start the debate.
Laugh all you want @InsaneHawk

That just lets me know your argument is trash, kind of like your mom

ron burgundy GIF

Pretty sure you started the debate tough guy. I stated my opinion, you disagreed with it. Fight bar?

Reactions: Mister Hawkeyes
Clark had the better pro career, it really isn’t debatable. I love both players, great Hawks and great pros. Why the aggression? You need a hug?

In your opinion he had a better career. He never won Player of the Year like Sanders did. Agreed they're both great players. Don't be such a cvnt because I think Sanders belongs in the same breath as Clark when it comes to pro careers.

Clark had the better pro career, it really isn’t debatable. I love both players, great Hawks and great pros. Why the aggression? You need a hug?
Clark had a better pro career, but only due to longevity. And that's not a knock against him either. He was a great TE for a high powered offense. Sanders was a truly elite player that very few ever reach the status of though. Sanders took a Colts defense that was Swiss cheese and turned them into an elite unit seemingly overnight when he came back from his knee injury in the 06/07 season. The Colts went on the beat the Bears in the Super Bowl and the vast majority of people agree it would not have happened without Bob. If Clark had missed 12 games and came back for the playoffs, his impact may have been felt, but it wouldn't have taken their offense from bad to elite the moment he stepped on the field.

I think I'm going to have to agree with @fredjr82 on this one. Sanders did only have a few great seasons, but he's also the reason Manning won a Super Bowl with the Colts. Clark can't put that on his resume.

Reactions: fredjr82
P
Clark had a better pro career, but only due to longevity. And that's not a knock against him either. He was a great TE for a high powered offense. Sanders was a truly elite player that very few ever reach the status of though. Sanders took a Colts defense that was Swiss cheese and turned them into an elite unit seemingly overnight when he came back from his knee injury in the 06/07 season. The Colts went on the beat the Bears in the Super Bowl and the vast majority of people agree it would not have happened without Bob. If Clark had missed 12 games and came back for the playoffs, his impact may have been felt, but it wouldn't have taken their offense from bad to elite the moment he stepped on the field.

I think I'm going to have to agree with @fredjr82 on this one. Sanders did only have a few great seasons, but he's also the reason Manning won a Super Bowl with the Colts. Clark can't put that on his resume.

Just like mine and dummy's disagreement, it's an opinion. @InsaneHawk thinks his opinion is more valuable. He's a dumb F and doesn't obviously understand what an opinion is. Thanks anyways but your trying to convince a dummy

Wow only here can there be a thread about Dallas Clark getting a great honor and we have a poster who has to be a bitch and just can't be happy about it.

Then the poster calls someone's mom trash while acting like trash. Classic

All that might be true but honors for non quarterbacks are usually focused on stats and less upon SB wins. Like it or not SB wins have pretty much become a quarterback and coach only stat.

I would agree that in terms of individual ability Bob Sanders is better then Clark. Clark heavily benefited from having Peyton Manning as his QB. But guys don't tend to get into rings of honor and the HOF if they arn't able to play a lot. That's Sanders problem. Spent most of his time on IR.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Dallas Clark was a decent/slightly above average tight end. He averaged ~4 catches for ~40 yards / game for his career.

It's great he's the best TE the Colts have ever had, but for other teams, he's maybe top 5.

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: TJ8869
All that might be true but honors for non quarterbacks are usually focused on stats and less upon SB wins. Like it or not SB wins have pretty much become a quarterback and coach only stat.

I would agree that in terms of individual ability Bob Sanders is better then Clark. Clark heavily benefited from having Peyton Manning as his QB. But guys don't tend to get into rings of honor and the HOF if they arn't able to play a lot. That's Sanders problem. Spent most of his time on IR.
I don't disagree with anything you're saying. I was just making the point that because SB's are such a heavy stat for QB's and coaches, Bob Sanders had a greater impact on Peyton Manning and the Colts then Dallas Clark did. Not taking anything away from Dallas Clark, he's clearly the best TE in Colts history. Bob Sanders was the best safety in the NFL for at least 2 seasons, was the best defensive player in the NFL for 1 season, and had one of the biggest "what if" careers in NFL history.

I wanted to chime in and argue just for the sake of arguing. It's fun to gush over former Hawks who made big impacts on NFL teams.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying. I was just making the point that because SB's are such a heavy stat for QB's and coaches, Bob Sanders had a greater impact on Peyton Manning and the Colts then Dallas Clark did. Not taking anything away from Dallas Clark, he's clearly the best TE in Colts history. Bob Sanders was the best safety in the NFL for at least 2 seasons, was the best defensive player in the NFL for 1 season, and had one of the biggest "what if" careers in NFL history.

I wanted to chime in and argue just for the sake of arguing. It's fun to gush over former Hawks who made big impacts on NFL teams.

I think he made a bigger impact on winning that superbowl.

But Colts I believe had the most wins of that decade over all the seasons and Clark had more influence in that then Sanders.

I think he made a bigger impact on winning that superbowl.

But Colts I believe had the most wins of that decade over all the seasons and Clark had more influence in that then Sanders.
That super bowl season with Clark, Sanders and Manning all in their primes was just so much fun to watch.

Dallas Clark was a decent/slightly above average tight end. He averaged ~4 catches for ~40 yards / game for his career.

It's great he's the best TE the Colts have ever had, but for other teams, he's maybe top 5.

200.gif
I get that you’re trolling here. But just for fun, can you name a franchise that’s had 5 tight ends better than Dallas Clark?

Saw him at a USSSA baseball tournament in Waukee a few weeks ago. He coaches his son’s 12u team. Was pretty cool to see him interacting with his team, parents, etc. Just a regular dude… a massive dude I might add who looks like he could still suit up. Asked my son as I pointed to Dallas, “If I ask him if I could get a picture of you two, you cool with that?” His reaction… “No, dad!! Why would I want a picture with that team’s coach?!” Sigh. Kids I tell ya. 🤣

I get that you’re trolling here. But just for fun, can you name a franchise that’s had 5 tight ends better than Dallas Clark?
I'm not sure I can name five tight ends for any one franchise, other than the Cowboys.

For some it's easy to name a couple of good ones, like SF with Kittle and Vernon Davis, for KC it's Tony Gonzalez and Kelce. I know the Chargers had both Antonio Gates and Kellen Winslow. The Giants had Shockey and Mark Bavaro. Yeah, that might be the ones I can name two of. I guess the Ravens have had Mark Andrews and Todd Heap - I don't know if either was better than Dallas Clark, or if it's just that I heard about the more from living in Northern Virginia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT