ADVERTISEMENT

Daniel Carson - Can Iowa beat out Bama, Ohio St & Oklahoma for this elite DE?

That was their transition year that the got better as the year went along and played us tough until Tommy Turnover gave us the game. They did not end up near last though they ended with a winning season and beat a good UCLA in a bowl while we laid an egg in our bowl game again and got ran over by Stanfordl
5-7 is a winning season? man things really downhill there lol

I like your thoughts KC East! Exactly. No Michigan, MSU, Nebby, PSU or Wisconsin. And the Big 12 is a joke. And that is since 2000. Pretty darn good and long enough timeframe to compare.

Fire up the T-shirt printing press, as clearly you guys are going to be winning B1G titles now!

Oh, how easy it was in the Big 12, right?
Neb in the Big12 North was like Cosmo Kramer in his karate class. Now that Neb has moved to the B1G & they have to fight adults, football's not so fun for the Bugeaters.

Reactions: Ree4
Context matters.

Iowa only had 250 yards because the end zone kept getting in the way.

Nebraska had 433 (not 485) because Iowa was fine with Tommy throwing floaters between the 20s.

Iowa averaged more yards per play, 5.7 to 5.2.

But, at least Husker fans got their little moral victory by focusing on total yards.
Out gained us & probably had higher recruits on the field that day. That was one of the gloriest days in Neb fball history! Prob their best day in this 1,000 year period we've entered.

Reactions: millah_22
Here are the totals from this century (2001-2016). Top 10 AP finishes:

Ohio State - 12
Alabama - 10
Oklahoma - 10
USC - 9
Georgia - 7
LSU - 7
Texas - 7
Oregon - 6
Florida - 5
Iowa - 5
TCU - 5

All other teams are 4 or less during that same time.
Thanks for the post cb. Doesn't really look like the fake ID club to me, but what do I know, Im just a Hawk fan. :eek:

Why do we offer so many lineman instead of skil positions cuz that's what we need. We will always get lineman because we are Iowa and that's what we do

Big time prospect, highly underrated.

Recently released his Top 10. Hawkeyes make the cut.

Can we go toe to toe with these heavyweights and land his commitment?

It's great to pick up these solid regional commits vs the lower half of the Big Ten, but those are recruiting battles we are expected to win. Can KF & staff prove they have what it takes to land some big time nationally elite players? Would be a HUGE get for us.
Simply put...NO!

I must say I feel very amused having Husker fans tells us we have to go back to Nile kinnick basically to brag, when Husker fans have to go back to the same Century to brag about their team's Great accomplishments. Come pound your chest when your team has done something this century. I don't know a single Hawk fan who lives in the Nile kinnick era, but I know way too many Husker fans who still live in the last century. You people do realize it is the 21st century......don't you?

That was their transition year that the got better as the year went along and played us tough until Tommy Turnover gave us the game. They did not end up near last though they ended with a winning season and beat a good UCLA in a bowl while we laid an egg in our bowl game again and got ran over by Stanfordl

You must be mistaken. They went 5-7 that year with their 6th win in their bowl game. They didn't end with a winning season. And they played Iowa tough for 9 minutes until Iowa took the lead and never gave it back.

I would rather go 12-1 on the season and lose in the Rose Bowl than go 5-7, only qualify for a bowl game bc there werent enough teams and win against UCLA.

Have you guys noticed how horrible Huskers are on Twitter toward recruits? Old men at home borderline harassing high schoolers for choosing other schools over Nebraska. It's incredibly cringeworthy. Definitely a dark stain on their fan base.

Have you guys noticed how horrible Huskers are on Twitter toward recruits? Old men at home borderline harassing high schoolers for choosing other schools over Nebraska. It's incredibly cringeworthy. Definitely a dark stain on their fan base.

I do not tweet or follow Twitter at all. That said I think any adult who constantly tweets or follows high school kids on Twitter has a real problem. Leave the kids alone and grow up.

Here are the totals from this century (2001-2016). Top 10 AP finishes:

Ohio State - 12
Alabama - 10
Oklahoma - 10
USC - 9
Georgia - 7
LSU - 7
Texas - 7
Oregon - 6
Florida - 5
Iowa - 5
TCU - 5

All other teams are 4 or less during that same time.

Uh oh. Get out your cricket noisemakers.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Turnovers change games and change strategies and play calling. It is like Hillary won the popular vote argument. That ain't what determines the winner and loser (yardage totals).
I'm pretty sure that was how they determined the winner/loser in the Big 12. At least that was my impression from the weekly display of defense that we've seen over the past 20 years. If it can be called "defense".

Reactions: kceasthawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT