ADVERTISEMENT

Daniels

Can James Daniels keep from getting blowed up please.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tim Dodge Rules
Daniels reaching 3 techniques all game it was crazy so it looks like he's getting blown up crazy for any center to do that and he did

That's funny, I started a thread before the season started (albeit I could have chosen a better title) about how overrated JD is and I must have been called a troll at least a dozen times. This guy pussyfoots around all the time and he's on the ground/his stomach way too much. You never see him dominate anybody. Some countered that his athleticism allows him to do a lot of pulling that other centers can't pull off, and there may be some truth in that, but once he gets out there you never see him light up a D-back or LB, you'll be lucky if he blocks anybody at all. I find it very frustrating. He was no mean streak at all. No desire to kill people. To me, he only looks decent when he's working a double team on somebody, and looks only slightly better than he was last year and I was extremely disappointed in him last year. Even then, that's probably only because we haven't played anybody yet. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I fully expect him to have a tough outing on Saturday.

Reactions: PCBHAWK
That's funny, I started a thread before the season started (albeit I could have chosen a better title) about how overrated JD is and I must have been called a troll at least a dozen times. This guy pussyfoots around all the time and he's on the ground/his stomach way too much. You never see him dominate anybody. Some countered that his athleticism allows him to do a lot of pulling that other centers can't pull off, and there may be some truth in that, but once he gets out there you never see him light up a D-back or LB, you'll be lucky if he blocks anybody at all. I find it very frustrating. He was no mean streak at all. No desire to kill people. To me, he only looks decent when he's working a double team on somebody, and looks only slightly better than he was last year and I was extremely disappointed in him last year. Even then, that's probably only because we haven't played anybody yet. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I fully expect him to have a tough outing on Saturday.

Its crazy how the B1G network guys (Dinardo) were gushing over Daniels. I agree with you now after watching Daniels this year. He does not seem to have a mean streak and he seems to pussyfoot around a lot. With his size and agility for a big dude, he does not seem to have that killer instinct to finish every play.

Watched film with 3 startering lineman 1 hour after the game you guys have no clue what you are talking about. The btn guys are gushing over him because the nfl scouts are gushing over him. He will be number 1 center in draft next year if he leaves. The blocking they were doing had him reaching 3 techs no center in America can do that it he did see if you can get a end zone copy of the past two games and then share your opinions.

The btn guys are gushing over him because the nfl scouts are gushing over him. He will be number 1 center in draft next year if he leaves..

I could care less what the talking heads say, but can we get a citation on NFL scouts "gushing" over James Daniels? I didn't realize they went on record with these things...

I found this that has him ranked as the 12th best center in this potential draft class. Which, I'm guessing means you're not even getting drafted. And if you ask me, even 12th is a very generous assessment. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1002715&draftyear=2019&genpos=OT

This young man just turn 20 years old last week im sure he will be back because of his age but the kid will have a degree and making money on Sundays in a couple years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT