ADVERTISEMENT

Dantonio & MSU

kwik44

HR Legend
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2003
...are full of s**t. He has eased into waters similar to what KF almost got himself into in 2007. Only problem is he stuck with this roster and it's came back to hurt him for the cost of winning.

Last edited:
...are full of shit. He has eased into waters similar to what KF almost got himself into in 2007. Only problem is he stuck with this roster and it's came back to hurt him for the cost of winning.
I guess I don't understand your point. My understanding is that whatever happened was in mid January. How did Dantonio stick with his roster? Did he cover this up? Not trying to be ignorant, but I certainly don't know much about the details. Only that at least three players and one staff member have been suspended. The BIG network reported that there are three investigations ongoing, including a possible title nine violation.

Dantonio: "We got high standards of
conduct here. We always have. We've gone to great lengths to maintain that."

Oh, like letting Chris L. Rucker play a game Saturday after he was released from jail the day before? Telling the kid to "choose his own punishment that he deemed necessary".

Dantonio: "We got high standards of
conduct here. We always have. We've gone to great lengths to maintain that."

Oh, like letting Chris L. Rucker play a game Saturday after he was released from jail the day before? Telling the kid to "choose his own punishment that he deemed necessary".
Here are a couple of comments from a 2010 Bleacher Report article after some MSU players got in trouble off campus (point being ... doesn't seem like much has changed; all in the name of winning):

"He's given second chances that have come back to bite him, and something has got to give. His players aren't just bending the rules, they're breaking them, and with no regard to their coach's authority."

and later ...

"Dantonio has to set the record straight and take control of his team. His band of players are being labeled as miscreants, thugs, reckless, irresponsible, and anti-authoritative."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/359999-is-mark-dantonio-losing-the-control-and-respect-of-his-players

I guess I don't understand your point. My understanding is that whatever happened was in mid January. How did Dantonio stick with his roster? Did he cover this up? Not trying to be ignorant, but I certainly don't know much about the details. Only that at least three players and one staff member have been suspended. The BIG network reported that there are three investigations ongoing, including a possible title nine violation.
Read the story here. Dantonio does appear to be protecting the athletes by not letting the media into any practices right now.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...al-assault-allegations-michigan-state-players

Read the story here. Dantonio does appear to be protecting the athletes by not letting the media into any practices right now.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...al-assault-allegations-michigan-state-players
If the alleged athletes have been suspended, then I'm not sure why thats a big issue. Their spring game is this Sat. I believe, so the media will know soon enough who is not there. The reporter who covers MSU, already said they'll know at that point, but will have to see from their bosses how to proceed with how much info goes out, since there could be other reasons for players not working out.

The big issue for Dantonio is he skated with his, (We'll let the teammates decide their punishment ), type decisions when they were competing for the BIG title. Another year or two like they had last year, and it won't be fun and games in East Lansing.

Reactions: Husker69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT