ADVERTISEMENT

Dasonte, Ahron, Tony, PMac, Payton & Filip Videos from August 25th's Workout

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
We return 3 starters from last year's team. Ulis is experienced at PG and Fran says Dasonte, at PG, is going to be really good. Kris at the 4 is going to be really good as well. Tony, PMac, Payton & Filip have been through the grind and are only going to be better this season.

Note that PMac was 15 for 16 from 3 in one of the videos. Filip looks really confident in the last video and even nails a 3.

This team has a chance to be really good. They should be a B1G title contender and hopefully will make that elusive Sweet 16.

Check these out & Watch:

Last edited:
Good to see the colts breaking in. Hopefully next time they are allowed to touch each other and bend their knees

Reactions: jerbob36
We return 3 starters from last year's team. Ulis is experienced at PG and Fran says Dasonte, at PG, is going to be really good. Kris at the 4 is going to be really good as well. Tony, PMac, Payton & Filip have been through the grind and are only going to be better this season.

Note that PMac was 15 for 16 from 3 in one of the videos. Filip looks really confident in the last video and even nails a 3.

This team has a chance to be really good. They should be a B1G title contender and hopefully will make that elusive Sweet 16.

Check these out & Watch:

Most encouraging thing in the clips is seeing Bowen, Ulis, (and lesser extent Perkins) hit perimeter shots and look confident/comfortable shooting it.

I’ve got to think his experience as a 25 year old is going to be a huge advantage against the freshmen and sophomores. Kind of like a 20 year NBA veteran playing against a rookie, but without the physical handicap of aging.
Yeah, in that scenario the 25 year old has all the physical and mental advantages.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
On those corner 3s for PMAC, I would've liked to see his legs. He could significantly improve his percentage if he stopped kicking them out.

Just some random thoughts: Patrick's unopposed shots from the corner have much better shooting form than his usual flatter push shot we're used to. Nice to see that it looks like he has added some pounds to his frame. Ulis doesn't look like he's ready to surrender the staring job to Bowen. Gotta laugh at Perkins trash talking his own teammates. Did we even see Ogundele or Dix in those videos? Dix is understandable, but many thought Ogundele's return might mean he is going to take his training more seriously. Maybe I just missed him.
I hope we face that type of semi-porous defense all year long. Should be another interesting season.

Just some random thoughts: Patrick's unopposed shots from the corner have much better shooting form than his usual flatter push shot we're used to. Nice to see that it looks like he has added some pounds to his frame. Ulis doesn't look like he's ready to surrender the staring job to Bowen. Gotta laugh at Perkins trash talking his own teammates. Did we even see Ogundele or Dix in those videos? Dix is understandable, but many thought Ogundele's return might mean he is going to take his training more seriously. Maybe I just missed him.
I hope we face that type of semi-porous defense all year long. Should be another interesting season.
As posted earlier, Josh was just coming back from a trip home, and Kris was at an All star camp...

Getting the ball off the glass is going to be a huge issue for us this year. The guards finishing at the hoop won’t be near as easy when a shot blocker is at the rim.

Trash talking amongst teammates in pickup games happens all the time/everywhere. Tony is feeling quite confident heading into the season by the looks of it.

I think we should be pretty comfortable with the starting 5.

Ulis or Bowen
Perkins
PMac
Kris
Filip

Those available off the bench:

Ulis or Bowen
Connor
Payton
Josh Dix -- will he be ready?
Riley -- we really need him
Josh Ogundele -- how many minutes can he give us?
It's a joy watching Tony driving into the paint and finishing at the rim.

I recognize that defense. I know it’s a scrimmage, but jeezus.

Fran_Tearaways.gif

ADVERTISEMENT